Printer Error 0x00000709 is one of the most common errors faced by a lot of users today. One of the main reasons for this error is that the user is not able to set up their new Printer or a different printer as their default printer, except the one that is already set as default.
How to Fix the Printer Error 0x00000709?
While trying to set any printer as default, several users have received an error message stating, “Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709)”. However, the said error isn’t an issue and can get resolved quickly within no time. Today in this article, we are going to discuss all the possible fixes that will eventually help the users in getting rid of the Printer Error 0x00000709.
FIX 1: Turn off a specific setting option:
The first solution we can try in order to resolve the Printer Error 0x00000709 is turning off a specific setting option. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, press Windows + I and launch the Settings App.
- Now inside Settings, navigate to Devices and then select Printers & scanners from the left-pane menu.
- Now on the right-pane menu, untick the checkbox before the option Let Windows manage my default printer.
Once done, check whether the Printer Error 0x00000709 issue got resolved or not.
FIX 2: Run the printer troubleshooter:
Windows 10 comes in with its built-in troubleshooting utility, which works for resolving most of the common errors. Here we can try using the Printer troubleshooter and check whether it helps or not. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the desktop search bar, type troubleshooter and launch Troubleshooter settings from the search result.
- Now on the right-pane menu, click on Additional Troubleshooters.
- On the next screen, click on the Printer and then click over the Run the troubleshooter It will begin the scanning process.
- Now from the Printer troubleshooter window, select the Printer which you want to fix and then click on Next.
Further, implement the suggested resolutions and then check whether the Printer Error 0x00000709 issue got resolved or not.
FIX 3: Edit the Registry:
As per several suffered users, while they edited the Device string within the Registry Editor,the said issue got resolved for them. Here we recommend you to try the same and then check for improvements. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the desktop search bar, type regedit and launch the relevant search result.
- Now navigate to the following registry path,
- From the left-pane menu, click on the Windows key and then double-click on the Device string. It will launch the Edit string prompt.
- Now edit the value data and erase everything in the box except winspool,Ne00: (Make sure you keep the winspool,Ne00: alike.)
- Now enter the required printer name before winspool,Ne00: and then click on OK.
- You may further see a Cannot edit device dialog box. If yes, here right-click over the Windows key that includes the Device string and then click on Permissions.
- Now tick the Allow checkbox for the Full Control option.
- Finally, click on Apply and then click on OK.
Fix 4: Run as Administrator:
If none of the above-mentioned fixes works for you, then you should try this easy fix:
- Firstly, click on Start and then type, Control panel and open the relevant result.
- Then inside the Control panel, select the option Devices & Printers.
- Now right-click on the name of your Printer and then select the option see what’s printing.
- Further click on Open As Administrator in the que-view.
- Now on the main menu, click on Set As Default Printer. (If your Printer is already opened as administrator, you might not see this administrator option).
These were all the options for the “Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709)” issue. Printers are one of the most used and helpful components of an operating system, and if you are facing Printer Error 709 with it, then the 4 fixes mentioned in the article above will surely help you.
At the end of this article, we hope that you will find all the information mentioned here as helpful and relevant. After reading this article, if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.