Here on this page, you’ll learn about what to do if your product key is not showing in the Command prompt when running an administrator. Sometimes, it generally happens if you’ve recently updated your Windows. Although the fixing steps are simple, still, some users find it difficult. To fix this, you can trust the Powershell as this is the most convenient way to fix this out. So, now without spoiling time, let’s get started with our complete guide on fixing if your product key is not showing in the command prompt.
How to Fix If Product Key Not Showing In Command Prompt
Look, if you do not have time to follow or perform all the methods that we describe below, you can go with any dedicated third-party tool because that will help you know your product key and manage it in a better way. But, if you don’t want to spend money purchasing any third-party tool, then follow the methods given below:
#1. Method: Use PowerShell
As we have already stated that you will use PowerShell to fix this issue as it is the most convenient one. So, here are the steps to do so:
- Open your Search bar and search for Windows PowerShell. Then, hit the enter key.
- Now, once the results list appears, choose the correct one and right-click on it. Then, click on the Run as Administrator from the drop-down menu.
- After that, use the following command in PowerShell and hit the enter key.
PowerShell "(Get -WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey
- That’s it. Now, you will see your product key on your Windows PowerShell screen. SO, now copy it and paste it in Notepad and use it where you needed.
#2. Method: Run Command Prompt As Administrator
This is another fix that you can try as many users worldwide can fix the issue after running the command prompt with admin rights. So, you can also try this and check if it helps. Here are the steps to do so.
- Open your Search bar and search for the command prompt. Then, hit the enter key.
- Now, once the results list appears, choose the correct one and right-click on it. Hit the Run as Administrator option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, use this command and press the enter key to proceed:
Now, most probably, you’ll get your systems product key on your cmd screen. But, in case if you still do not find any luck. Then, follow the next steps.
#3. Method: Use Any Dedicated Thrid-Party Tool
If nothing helped you, you might go with any dedicated third party to automatically find the product key and notify you. Also, using any dedicated third-party tool, you will allow to backup your activation key and all in another document format so that you never have to worried about your product keys. Although I personally do not recommend this, if you want, then you can with any third-party tool available online.
Also Read: How to Disable Access to Registry Editor in Windows 10
#4. Method: Contact Support Team
This is the last option that you have to get your activation product key directly. But, it may take time to get a reply from the Microsoft support team as they got many requests and when you will get a reply from them depending upon your position in the request queue.
So, that’s all about fixing the product key not showing on the command prompt screen. I hope you find this guide helpful. Therefore, you can give us your valuable feedback in the comment section down below. Also, if you are new here and want to enjoy more content visit, don’t forget to visit our website regularly.