There are some cool new features in EA Sports’ latest ice hockey game, including a much-needed overhaul of the AI. Despite this, the number of bugs popping up has dampened some of the excitement surrounding the latest NHL instalment. NHL 23 not working is the worst problem that gamers have to deal with while playing the game. While the NHL 23 installation error and the crashing issue are two of the most common issues that gamers experience, the NHL 23 not working or loading is the most prevalent. You can find solutions to NHL 23 not working issues if you are experiencing them.
How To Fix PS5 NHL Not Working or Loading Issue
You can try restarting the game or the console before continuing to follow the steps to see if it fixes the system glitch. Make sure you check out the following methods if this trick doesn’t work.
Fix 1: Launch NHL in Low Graphics Mode
If in case, the NHL 23 game starts not working or loading on your Xbox or PS console, then you can try running it using low graphics mode. Yes, there are many users who reported that this helped them to resolve this kind of error.
Fix 2: Clear All Madden NHL
You’ll have to clear all of the Madden NHL 23 game data from your console to load the game files properly. Make sure to take a data backup of the NFL game or its file to the cloud. It may be possible for you to lose all your hard-earned game progress.
- The first step is to turn off the console completely. To achieve this, the computer should be switched off properly, rather than being in rest mode.
- When the console has cooled down, unplug it from the mains power supply after twenty seconds.
- After a few minutes, unplug your PS5.
- Connect the console back to the power source and power it up after this period has passed.
- It might be a good idea to try relaunching NHL 23 to see if that fixes the NHL not working or loading problem.
Fix 3: Hard Reset your Console
The best way to fix multiple gaming-related problems would be to perform a hard reset on your gaming console. This can resolve issues such as lags, crashes, drops in FPS, slow loading, and slow game download rates. For this, follow these steps:
- Firstly, you’ll have to turn your PlayStation 4/5 off.
- In order to restart the console, press and hold the power button for a few seconds after it has been turned off.
- In this section, you will find two reset options.
- You can reset your PlayStation console by selecting the appropriate option.
- Make sure you sign into the PS account after the process has finished.
- Lastly, install and run NHL 23.
Fix 4: Reinstall Madden NHL 23
In case your NHL 23 is still not working for you on your PS5, then try reinstalling the game, as there are many users who reported that this helped them to resolve the error. Therefore, you must also try this out:
- You can uninstall and reinstall NHL 23 on your console as a last resort if nothing else seems to help. If that doesn’t work, then you should uninstall and reinstall the game. Here’s how:
- Locate the NHL 23 game icon in the Library that you would like to delete.
- In order to access the options menu, highlight the game icon on your controller and press the Options button.
- Click OK after selecting Delete.
- Start your console again after uninstalling the game.
- You will need to reinstall the NHL 23 game again by following these steps:
- You can find the Purchased section by selecting Library and scrolling down.
- Under the Purchased icon, click on the yellow plus sign if you would like to search for specific PlayStation Plus games.
- If you haven’t downloaded any games, you’ll see a small download icon.
- Select the download icon on NHL 23 to start the reinstallation on your console.
- Run the game again after waiting for the process to finish.
Developers are likely to release a patch fix in the near future if there is a bug or stability problem in the game or patch version in question. Currently, no official announcement has been made. It may take a while.
So, that’s how to fix the PS5 NHL not working or loading issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. Furthermore, in case you need more help, comment below and let us know.