Realme X2 is one of the most popular mid-budget category smartphones from Realme that has been launched in September 2019. The device gains a lot of attraction and appreciation from both the users and people. It came with Android 9.0 Pie initially and now the device is running on Android 10 over Realme UI 1.0 skin. As the Android 11 public beta is now live for Pixel devices (2nd-gen or above) and some other brands, Realme is also taking a part in this program. Now, all the interested Realme X2 users want to know whether the Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) update will be available or not.
As mentioned, the first batch of Android 11 (R) Beta has been out publicly after a couple of postponed dates. We’re pretty much three months away from launching the Android 11 stable update in September 2020. Meanwhile, some of the OEMs like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo are cooking the early beta program and Realme is one of them.
Now, if you’re one of the Realme X2 users and can’t wait anymore to know about the Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) update for the mentioned device model, then this article is for you. Here we’ve provided all the necessary details that you will find useful. We assume that all of your doubts will be cleared.
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released by the end of the year. Given pandemic-related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in Realme UI 2.0?
Realme UI 2.0 is an upcoming custom skin version (stock ROM) for the Realme devices that will run on Android 11 OS and includes all the native Android 11 features as well. As it’s a successor version of the Realme UI (ColorOS 7), we will gonna receive a much-improved version in all aspects this time. Realme India CMO Francis Wang has confirmed that the Realme UI 2.0 is under development process and the OEM is working hard on it to bring more & more features.
Though Android 10 was released almost nine months ago, there are a couple of OEMs still trying to push the Android 10 Beta and stable update within the mentioned timeframe for its eligible devices. Meantime, the Android 11 Beta has been released recently by Google and available for Pixel 2nd-gen or later models officially. While some other brands like Xiaomi, Realme, Realme, OnePlus are expecting to push the Android 11 based early beta program for its eligible models very soon. Similarly, Realme has announced the beta recruitment program for the Realme X2 Pro recently.
Realme X2: Overview
The Realme X2 has a 6.4-inches Super AMOLED display that has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 1080×2340 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, and more. While the handset sports a Snapdragon 730G chipset, paired with Adreno 618 GPU, 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage option along with a dedicated microSD card slot.
It packs a quad rear camera setup of a 64MP (wide, f/1.8) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.3) + a 2MP (macro, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) with an LED flash, HDR, Panorama mode, etc. On the front side, the device has a 32MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie camera shooter along with HDR mode. It has a 3.5mm audio jack, 4000mAh battery, 30W fast charging support, and more.
While the handset features dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, NFC, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, and more. In terms of the sensors, the device has an optical in-display fingerprint sensor, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor.
Will Realme X2 Receive the Android 11 Update?
Updated on May 03, 2021: Today Realme rolled the Realme Ui 2.0 beta 6 with software version RMX1992AEX_11_F.18.
Updated on February 9, 2021: After rolling the Realme UI 2.0 beta for the Realme X2 in India last month, the company today rolled the second beta build for the device with software version RMX1992EX_11_F.11. The update also brings improvements and bug fixes.
|Realme UI 2.0 Stable (China)
|Realme UI 2.0 Beta 6
|Bug fixes and update|
|Realme UI 2.0 Beta 2
|Realme UI 2.0 Beta 1
- Update Android security patch (2021#6)
- Optimized the icon style of the status bar for international Internet access
- Optimize the smoothness of camera startup
- Fixed the problem that the network connection fails when the WiFi password contains special characters in the connection part
- Fixed the problem of low probability of freezing caused by too many saved WiFi
- Mini floating window
- Fixed the issue that occasionally crashed after opening other applications under the mini floating window and then returning
- Fixed the issue of black screen occasionally when long pressing the mini floating window and clicking close after using the photo album to cast the screen
- Fixed the problem that the flashlight turns off unexpectedly when the face is unlocked
- Fixed the issue of abnormal absolute volume function when using Airpods earphones
- Fixed the problem that some OTG devices fail to recognize
Updated on September 23, 2020: We have shared the unofficial version of AOSP Android 11 for Realme X2 in our separate article. Go and check out the unofficial version here. To install, you must unlock the bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery.
This is what most of the interested Realme X2 users are talking about. The company has only mentioned the Realme X50 Pro model that will gonna receive the Realme UI 2.0 update very soon. However, there is no other device model mentioned yet by the company that would receive the Android 11 update in upcoming days (developer beta or stable).
As the Realme X2 has received one major Android OS update, it will get one more major update that will be in the form of Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0). As there is no specific date mentioned yet by the company, all the Realme X2 users should have to wait further for any official announcement. Till then stay tuned for more info and keep visiting this article to get all the latest updates.