In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to fix the black screen or screen of the death problem on the Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus (5G). Like all android phones, this phone also faces a few minor issues that can be resolved on your own. One of the main issues for all Android users is having a black screen of death problem. Don’t worry! This article will guide you to fix the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus black screen issues.
The black screen is an error screen displayed by the operating system. Sometimes, it is very difficult to boot up the device after the black screen of death. If you have also run into the same situation, follow the below simple steps in order to fix the same.
- Steps to fix the Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus Black Screen issue
Steps to fix the Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus Black Screen issue
Here are a few steps to fix the black screen of death problem on the Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus.
Reboot Your Device:
If your Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus encounter a black screen of death, then it can be a reason due to software or hardware glitches. So to check how this occurs, the first simple troubleshooting guide is to soft reset your Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus and confirm if the problem arises again. To soft reset, simply follow our guide.
Method 1: Soft Reset
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds
- You will see the screen with the option to power off
- Choose Power Off, and your device will turn off
- Now press and hold the power button
- You can release it when the phone screen is on.
Method 2: Force Reboot
When your device is stuck and not able to perform any task, then this guide can come in handy.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until you see the phone starts restarting.
- That’s it! Your Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus will reboot.
Wait for the Battery to Run Out and Re-charge Your Phone
If you are not able to reboot your device, then you may have to wait for the device’s battery to exhaust fully. When the battery is drained completely, you can recharge your device and turn it on. See if the problem now is resolved.
Wipe cache partition
To wipe the cache partition on your device, you must boot into recovery mode on Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus. If you clear the cache partition, your device problem can be resolved. Recovery Mode on any Android device plays a crucial role in troubleshooting the device problem.
Perform a factory reset
If the problem still persists even after following up on the first step, then try to perform a factory reset on Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus. Follow our tutorial
Instructions for Hard Reset via Settings
If this method, doesn’t work, you can try the next hard reset method via recovery mode.
- In your Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus device, Go to the Settings app
- Now Additional settings menu
- Tap on Backup and reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Here you will find 5 different options to select
- To clear all the data, select Erase All Content and Settings which will wipe off all the data from your Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus
- Enter your password if you have a password on your phone
- Once you enter the password, it will now show a confirmation to erase data, so hit erase data.
- That’s it! You have successfully performed a hard reset.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset via Recovery
Want to hard reset your Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus? then, enter the recovery mode first.
- First of all, Turn off your Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus.
- Now Press and hold the Volume Up key + Power Key on your Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus device simultaneously for a while
- Once you see the Xiaomi logo, you can release the button.
- Your phone has entered recovery mode, now you can select the language
- Now your device will enter the stock recovery mode
- You can select Wipe Data by just tapping on it
- Now select Wipe/Data to confirm and enter the verification code
- That’s it! Confirm and done!
I hope this guide was useful to hard reset your Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus.
If your device still has the black screen issue even after resetting your device, then you can try to check for a new software update or manually upgrade to new stock firmware on Redmi Note 11 Pro and 11 Pro Plus. A software update was announced to debug and resolve the issue users are facing.
This should work! The user should not get this situation henceforth by following the above steps. In case you receive the same issue again, it is better to visit the nearest store and inform them about the issue. Make sure you also let him know that you have followed the above steps so that the showroom staff can think of some new ideas.