Well, the wait for the Android 10 update is finally over as the Chinese smartphone OEM Xiaomi has now started seeding the Android 10 update for the Redmi Note 7 Pro units. Notably, the update is currently live only for the users in China and is expected soon to be pushed for other regions as well. However, one important thing to note is that this new Android 10 OS update for the Redmi Note 7 Pro does not tag along with the MIUI 12 update and still is based on the MIUI 11. This also indirectly means that those who are expecting the MIUI 12 update will have to wait a bit more, probably till July 2020 to get the MIUI 12 updates on their Redmi Note 7 Pro units.
This depends if everything planned by Xiaomi goes according to their plans and roadmap. Moreover, global unis can expect MIUI 12 updates along with the Android 10 update. But these are all mere speculations and users of the Redmi Note 7 Pro should wait for official confirmation from the OEM itself. And if you own the Redmi Note 7 Pro in China and want to update your phone right away with the latest Android 10 OS, then you are at the right place as in this post, we will be giving you the download links to install the Android 10 update on your Redmi Note 7 Pro units. With that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
What’s in Android 10?
Android 10 is Google’s last year’s operating system that was launched on September 3, 2019. Some of the fortunate devices from Google, OnePlus and others, picked up the Android 10 update right away just within a few days of the launch of the OS. But fast forward to mid-2020, there are several devices from different OEMs that are still awaiting the Android 10 update. Luckily, the Redmi Note 7 Pro has now started to receive the update, although in China.
Talking about the features that you will get after updating your phone with Android 10 OS, are a system-wide dark theme, Smart Reply in messages, Digital Wellbeing, enhanced location and privacy, improved security options, incognito mode for Google Maps, a dedicated Focus Mode to focus more on work and other activities rather than spending time on your phone, Live Caption to caption supported audiovisual contents, new parental controls, new wallpapers, new icons, new navigation gestures, compatibility with 5G chipsets, AR content and much more.
MIUI 11 and its features
Xiaomi introduced the MIUI 11 along with the Redmi Note 8 and Note 8 Pro back in October 2019. The MIUI 11 brings in a lot of new features and enhancements for the Xiaomi phones. Notably, your phone is not required to run on the latest OS to get MIUI 11 update and there are Xiaomi phones that have received MIUI 11 updates running on Android 8 Oreo as well. As far as all the features of the MIUI 11 is concerned:
- Re-designed UI: Xiaomi has fixed its cluttered UI and has removed the excessive ads and bloatware apps. Though you will still find plenty of bloatware they are considerably less. The design is more minimal and brings clear UI for the users. The new navigation gestures also act as cherry on top.
- AOD: One of the key features of any AMOLED display phone that you would expect is the AOD aka Always On Display. MIUI 11 brings new AODs for you to choose from.
- New Wallpapers and customizations: MIUI 11 adds a fresh set of new wallpapers and live wallpapers to make your customization more fun. Along with that, you can also change the fonts, etc.
- Quick Replies: You can make use of this helpful feature of the MIUI 11 to reply to your text messages or social media feeds while watching videos or playing games.
- Gaming Toolbox 2.0: This feature allows the user to switch off networks, block messages, while you are playing games. This also makes it easier and gets rid of all the interruption while you play your favorite games.
Firmware Information and Changelog
- Device: Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Version: V220.127.116.11.QFHCNXM
- Android version: Android 10
- MIUI version: MIUI 11
- Security patch level: May 2020
– Updated Android Security Patch to May 2020. Increased system security.
– Stable MIUI based on Android 10
Before we go ahead and install the Android 10 update onto the Redmi Note 7 Pro, you have to take a look at the list of pre-requisites that you need to have:
- The MIUI 11 firmware is only for the Redmi Note 7 Pro device only.
- Make sure to keep your device charged up to 60% for a smoother installation process.
- Backup your device data (No Root) at first before going ahead with the installation.
Steps to Install Redmi Note 7 Pro Android 10 Update
- You need to download the firmware file for your Redmi Note 7 Pro from the above download section.
- Then head over to the device Settings > About phone > System updates.
- Next, click on the three-dot icon located on the top right corner.
- Tap on the Choose update package option.
- Then browse and select the firmware update zip file from the device storage location.
- The update package file will automatically be verified and installed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your device will reboot automatically.
- That’s it! Enjoy Android 10 on your Redmi Note 7 Pro
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you were able to update your Redmi Note 7 Pro with the latest Android 10 update along with the MIUI 11. Let us know in the comments below if you liked this post or if you faced any issues while following any of the above-mentioned steps. Note that this is a Chinese ROM and does not come with GApps. Until the next post…Cheers!
Hello sir, android 10 update date