Unlocking the bootloader opens up a wide variety of options for the developers and users to install the latest modified apps, root their devices, flash custom Recovery like TWRP, etc. This not only enhances the productivity of the phone but also gives the users to tweak a lot of system settings and make their device, their own. However, there are several consequences that are associated with unlocking the bootloader. For starters, the warranty of your device is voided once you unlock the bootloader of your phone, then if you flash an incorrect or unsuitable version of custom recovery or modified app then it can brick your phone.
And lastly, if you went ahead and root your phone and accidentally did not follow the correct steps to root, it can brick or permanently damage your phone. So, for those who are looking for ways to relock the bootloader on their Realme phones, you are at the right place. As in this post, we will give you a guide and some simple steps following which you can relock the bootloader on any Realme device. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
How to Relock Bootloader on Any Realme devices
- Firstly, you need to download the latest firmware file (ozip) for your device from Realme website (don’t cross flash device, flash global ozip on EU/in devices and cn ozip for cn devices).
- Now you need to boot to Custom Recovery.
- Then, flash the ozip and just reboot your phone to system.
- Once the device is booted up, replace Custom Recovery with stock recovery.
- Now reboot your Realme device to bootloader and through ADB enter the below command:
fastboot flashing lock
- Click on accept locking bootloader pop-up on your Realme phone.
- Let your phone reboot.
- Then perform factory reset.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Note that the ozip file is an encrypted firmware archive used to distribute updates to Realme smartphones. You can follow the above guide for any Realme smartphone. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!