In this guide, we will show you the steps to remove the OnePlus Account and Cloud Services From OnePlus 9, 9 Pro, and 9R devices. Most people nowadays prefer to store their data on clouds, rather than having them on their devices. This is because there’s always a risk of the device getting bugged with software issues, and in those cases, your data will be the first one to suffer. Therefore online cloud storage now seems the safest way forward.
Keeping all these points in mind, OnePlus has baked in its own Cloud Services onto its devices. However, many users are already using Google Drive (or other related services) and hence they don’t want to add another one to this list. If you also echo this thought and wish to distance yourself from the OEM’s cloud provisions, then this guide shall help you out. Given here are the detailed instructions to remove the OnePlus Account and Cloud Services From OnePlus 9, 9 Pro, and 9R devices.
You Must Check
Remove OnePlus Account and Cloud Services From OnePlus 9, 9 Pro and 9R
OnePlus comes pre-installed with system apps that manage your account as well as the cloud services. If you wish to de-associate yourself from these offerings, then you would have to remove both these apps from your device. But since they are a part of the system apps, you cannot uninstall them the normal way. Rather, to remove these apps and in turn the OnePlus Account Cloud Services on OnePlus 9/Pro/9R, you would have to take the help of the ADB Commands. Here’s how:
- To begin with, enable USB Debugging on your device. For that, go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Next, up, download, and install Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to verify the ADB connection:
- If you get the device ID, then the connection stands successful and you may proceed ahead.
- Now initiate a shell environment using the below command.
- You might get a prompt on your device, tap Allow.
- Finally, enter the below commands in the CMD window to uninstall both the apps from your device:
pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.membership pm uninstall --user 0 com.heytap.cloud
- As soon as both the commands have been executed, the associated apps would be removed and your task stands complete.
So this was all from this guide on how you could remove the OnePlus Account and Cloud Services From OnePlus 9, 9 Pro, and 9R devices. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.