Roblox Corporation has done a tremendous job by releasing Roblox as an online gaming platform and game creation system that basically provides users to develop games and even play games created by other users for free. As Roblox has gained popularity since 2006 among gamers due to being the easiest gaming platform. However, some Roblox users are having a couple of issues and the Roblox White Screen issue becomes so annoying recently that we can’t deny it.
As per several reports on multiple forums, it seems that Roblox gets stuck on the white screen while startup and it eventually starts happening all of a sudden in 2023. Now, if you’re one of the victims to encounter such an issue on your Windows system then don’t worry because there can be several possible reasons applicable behind it. Here we’ve shared all the potential reasons that can ruin your Roblox gaming experience by throwing the white screen glitch.
How to Fix Roblox White Screen in 2023
Talking about the reasons, it looks like browser cache & cookies, issues with the website permission on the browser, etc. Whereas conflicts with the third-party extensions on the browser, corrupted plugins on Roblox, not running Roblox in the compatibility mode, outdated Windows, issues with the installed Roblox application, and so on.
Luckily, here we’ve shared with you a couple of workarounds that should come in handy to fix this issue. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Allow Roblox on your Browser
First of all, you’ll need to allow Roblox permission on your specific web browser to run the platform service properly on your system. To do so:
- Visit Roblox on your web browser.
- Click on the Play button next to the game that you want to play.
- You will see a pop-up to Download & Install Roblox.
- Just click on it and install the program.
- Then launch Roblox and you’ll see the Open Roblox Prompt on your web browser.
- Click on the box of Always Allow www.roblox.com to open links of this type in the associated app and then click on Open Roblox.
- Once done, relaunch the browser, and check for the Roblox White Screen issue again.
2. Disable Extensions on your Browser
Sometimes disabling or deleting the browser extensions might come in handy a lot when it comes to avoiding startup launching issues or white screen issues with the online games or platforms via browsers.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Right-click on the extension in the toolbar of Firefox.
- Click on Manage Extension.
- It’ll open the installed extensions page. Make sure to disable or delete extensions that look suspicious or unnecessary.
- Launch Google Chrome > Click on the Menu (three vertical dots icon) from the top-right corner.
- Go to More Tools > Click on Extensions.
- Now, delete the unnecessary or suspicious extensions by clicking on Remove.
- Make sure to delete all extensions one by one that you want to do.
- Once done, reboot the Chrome browser, and check for the Roblox White Screen issue again.
3. Uninstall Plugins on Roblox
In some cases, uninstalling plugins on Roblox can help you in fixing the white screen stuck issue with Roblox itself. You’ll need to delete the plugins and try launching the game again. To remove it:
- Open Roblox > Click on Inventory on the home page.
- Click on Plugins > Make sure to Delete plugins.
- You can easily add them back again after fixing the issue if you want.
4. Run Roblox in Compatibility Mode
Some Roblox users have fixed the white screen issue by running the application in compatibility mode on the PC. So, you can also try following the steps below to do so:
- Go to the specific Roblox game folder.
- Right-click on the Setup.exe file.
- Now, select Properties > Select the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ checkbox to enable it.
- Click on the Windows version.
- Finally, click on Apply and then OK.
5. Update Windows
Sometimes the bugs might also be caused by any issues on Windows or the graphics drivers. You can fix the box by updating the windows. To update Windows 10/11 manually:
- Right-click on the Start button > Select Settings.
- Click on Windows Update from the left pane.
- Click on Check for updates and then select Download and Install.
- Wait for the update to get installed and then reboot the PC to apply changes.
6. Disable the Roblox desktop app beta
You should also disable the Roblox desktop app beta by following the steps below to check if the graphical issue has been fixed or not.
- Make sure to open Roblox on the desktop > Click on Settings.
- On the Desktop App Beta prompt, click on Disable Beta.
- Click on the Yes, Disable and Exit confirmation prompt on the screen.
- A message will appear saying Successfully disabled Windows App Beta.
- Click on OK > Now, visit the Roblox website and click on the Open Roblox prompt.
- Select the option to Always allow www.roblox.com to open links of this type in the associated app.
- Finally, click on Open Roblox.
7. Update Graphics Card Drivers
An outdated graphics driver on the Windows system might trouble you a lot with the game launching or graphical issues. It’s recommended to manually update the graphics driver by following the steps below.
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Double-click on Display Adapters to expand it.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card name that’s active.
- Now, click on Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- The system will automatically check for the available update.
- An update will automatically download and install the latest version if available.
- Once done, you should restart your PC to apply the changes.
If you can’t find any pending updates, head over to the official website of the respective graphics card brand below and search manually for the latest update. Do remember that you’ll always have to search for the latest driver version and specific for the model you’re using. If a new version is available for the graphics card, download the driver and install it on your PC. You can jump to the link below to do so:
8. Reinstall Roblox
If none of the above methods did work for you then make sure to reinstall the Roblox app on your PC just like reinstalling other programs on Windows. As a final resort, there might be nothing to do more except it. Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the program can fix several issues with the launching or glitches. Make sure to install a fresh copy of the Roblox app on the PC to avoid bugs.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings > Click on Apps from the left panel.
- Now, click on Installed apps > Search for Roblox and click on the three-dots icon next to it.
- Select Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions to complete uninstallation.
- Then reboot the PC to apply changes and just visit the official Roblox website.
- Download the Roblox app and install it properly > Run Roblox and check for the issue again.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.