Is your Asus ROG Strix G15 or G17 not connecting to WiFi? Or the laptop has no internet connection after connecting to WiFi? Well, you are not alone here. There are many Asus ROG Strix owners facing issues with the WiFi. Check out this guide till the end to know the potential ways of fixing the WiFi not working issue on your Asus ROG Strix G15 or G17.
Asus ROG Strix lineup is made for people with gaming as their highest priority. Hence, you would need a solid internet to play games. Even if you are not a gamer, you wouldn’t want to use your laptop without the internet.
Although Asus ROG Strix G15 and G17 are packed with good hardware and software, they can run into problems, like any other laptops. The issue with Wi-Fi is quite common, and there are ways to deal with it.
There could be many reasons why the WiFi may not work on your Asus laptop, such as an outdated or corrupted Wi-Fi driver, incorrect network settings, and system glitches. You would also want to check if there are any issues with the router. Let’s look at the troubleshooting methods without getting much into the reasons.
- How to Fix WiFi Not Working Problem on Your Asus ROG Strix G15 or G17?
- Solution 1: Make Sure Your PC Is Connected to the Correct WiFi Network
- Solution 2: Reduce the Gap Between Your PC and Router
- Solution 3: Restart Your PC and Router
- Solution 4: Check the WiFi Connection on Another Device
- Solution 5: Run These Commands
- Solution 6: Update the WiFi Driver
- Solution 7: Reinstall the WiFi Driver
- Solution 8: Do a Network Reset
- Solution 9: Use Windows Troubleshooter
- Solution 10: Update Your PC
- Solution 11: Reset Your PC
How to Fix WiFi Not Working Problem on Your Asus ROG Strix G15 or G17?
As soon as the computer boots up, many people rush to open Google Chrome or any other browser to access the internet. But they often forget to check whether the Wi-Fi is enabled or not. Although it may sound basic, I recommend checking your Asus laptop’s Wi-Fi status.
To check if Wi-Fi is turned on, tap on the Wi-Fi icon in the bottom-right corner and enable it (if it’s turned off). Wait a few seconds while the computer connects to your Wi-Fi network, and then try using the internet. If you can’t use the internet, try the solutions below to fix the Wi-Fi issues.
Before we begin our troubleshooting, let me tell you that you may or may not find success very early. Hence, keep going through the solutions until you find the one that works for you.
Solution 1: Make Sure Your PC Is Connected to the Correct WiFi Network
Many of us do not just connect our PC to a single Wi-Fi network. There are multiple saved Wi-Fi networks, which the computers can keep trying to connect to if they are within range. If more than one of your saved networks is within the range, the device can connect to any of them.
Your computer could be connected to a different Wi-Fi network. This could be why you can’t use Wi-Fi on your Asus ROG Strix G15 or G17. This has happened to me many times in the past. You should ensure that the PC is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.
To check the connected Wi-Fi network, follow these steps:
- In the search box, type Settings and click Enter.
- Go to Network & internet.
- Tap on Wi-Fi. You can see the name of the connected Wi-Fi network here.
If your PC is connected to a different network, tap on Show available networks and tap on your Wi-Fi network after your PC is successfully connected to your Wi-Fi network, open Google Chrome (or any browser) and try to access the internet.
[Tip: While entering the Wi-Fi password, make sure to check the Connect automatically box. It will automatically try to connect your PC to that Wi-Fi network when it is in range.]
Solution 2: Reduce the Gap Between Your PC and Router
A router can offer strong coverage only to a short distance when there are not many electronic devices and walls in its path. As the connected device goes away from the router, the connecting keeps on getting weaker and it negatively affects the internet speed.
When your PC is placed away from the router, you may not use the internet because of a weak connection. You should therefore place your Asus or any other device near the router to enjoy fast internet.
Solution 3: Restart Your PC and Router
Your Asus PC may have software bugs or system glitches, which are causing issues with the Wi-Fi. They could be preventing the device from accessing the internet. You can fix it easily just by restarting the device.
Follow these steps to restart your Asus laptop:
- Click on the Windows logo at the bottom.
- Tap on the power icon on the lower-right side of the pop-up window.
- Select Restart.
Not every time is the PC to be blamed; the router can also run into problems. Most of them get fixed after you restart the device. You can restart the router via the router’s settings or remove the power supply for 30 seconds and then plug in the cable again.
Once you’ve restarted your PC and router, connect to the Wi-Fi network, and check if you can use the internet.
Solution 4: Check the WiFi Connection on Another Device
Sometimes the issue does not lie within your PC and the router. Your internet service provider (ISP) may have some issues, which could be why they can’t provide the internet. Or, you may not have paid your Wi-Fi bill. Make sure there are no unpaid bills.
If you do not have an unpaid bill and can’t use the internet, connect another device (PC or a mobile phone) to the same Wi-Fi network and check if you can use the internet.
- If you can use the internet on another device, the issue lies within your PC. To fix it, try other solutions.
- You need to contact your ISP to fix the issue if you can’t use the internet on another device.
Solution 5: Run These Commands
You could clear IP addresses and other DNS records from the cache to fix issues with the Wi-Fi. This method has worked for many Asus users and hopefully will work for you too. Here are the steps you need to perform:
- In the search box, type CMD.
- Right-click on Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator.
- Click Yes to run Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt
5. Now, run the following command:
netsh winsock reset
6. Type the following command and press Enter:
7. Type “exit” and press Enter.
8. Restart your computer.
You should now be able to use Wi-Fi on your Asus laptop without any issues.
Solution 6: Update the WiFi Driver
Your computer may be running an outdated Wi-Fi driver, causing issues. You should update the driver and check if the issue the fixed. Here are the steps you need to follow:
How to automatically update the Wi-Fi Driver on a PC:
- Right-click on the Windows logo at the bottom and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Network adapters option.
- Right-click on the Intel Wi-Fi and select Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for drivers. Your PC will look for an updated Bluetooth driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
How to manually update the Wi-Fi driver on a PC:
- Download the latest Wi-Fi driver for your laptop from the Asus website.
- Open Device Manager and expand the Network adapters option.
- Right-click on the Intel Wi-Fi and tap on Update driver.
- Select Browser my computers for drivers.
- Tap on Browse and select the driver.
- Click Next and install the driver.
Once you’ve updated the Wi-Fi driver on your PC, check if you can use Wi-Fi.
Solution 7: Reinstall the WiFi Driver
Your computer may have a corrupted Wi-Fi driver. Although it is uncommon, computers often get infected with a corrupted Wi-Fi driver issue. You need to uninstall and then reinstall the Wi-Fi driver to fix this issue. If you do not know the steps, we’ve detailed them below:
- Open Device Manager on your Asus PC.
- Scroll down to Network adapters and expand it.
- Right-click on the Intel Wi-Fi and select Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall to confirm.
- Restart your computer.
Windows will automatically reinstall the Wi-Fi driver on your PC after the device is restarted.
Solution 8: Do a Network Reset
Resetting the network could fix the Wi-Fi issues on your Asus ROG Strix PC as it removes and reinstalls network adapters. Most likely, all the network issues on the PC would get fixed after performing a network reset.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
In the search box, type Settings and press the Enter key. This should open the Settings window.
- In the search box, type Settings and press the Enter key. This should open the Settings window.
- Tap on Network & internet.
- Scroll down to Advanced network settings and tap on it.
- Find the Network reset option and tap on it.
- Click Reset now.
Solution 9: Use Windows Troubleshooter
All Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers have a built-in troubleshooter which does a good job of fixing common issues. You can use it to fix the Wi-Fi issues on your PC.
These are the required steps you need to follow:
- Right-click on the Windows logo at the bottom and select Settings. This should open up the Settings window.
- Scroll down to Troubleshoot and tap on it.
- Select Other troubleshooters.
- Tap on the Run button next to Internet Connections.
Windows will look for all problems that can stop you from accessing the internet. It will automatically apply the necessary fixes. After successful troubleshooting, you should be able to use the internet.
Solution 10: Update Your PC
If you still can’t use the Wi-Fi on your Asus ROG Strix G15 or G17, the issue could be the Windows software version your PC is running on. Windows keeps sending regular software updates to improve the device’s stability and performance.
Not every time, the updates are stable enough. Manier times in the past, Windows updates have caused issues. To fix it, Microsoft releases another update. You should therefore check if an update is available. If yes, install it and check if the problem is fixed.
To update your PC, open Settings and go to Windows Update, and tap on Check for updates. After updating your PC, restart your device and you should be able to use the Wi-Fi.
Solution 11: Reset Your PC
Since you’ve reached this point, I can assume that none of the above solutions have worked for you. As a last resort before contacting Asus support, you can try resetting the PC. This should fix all software issues on your Asus ROG Strix G15 or G17.
Before you reset your PC, please keep in mind that it will delete your data from the PC. Hence you would want to take a backup to avoid any data loss. When you are ready, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your PC and click System.
- Scroll down to Recovery and tap on it.
- Tap on Reset PC.
- Choose how you want to reset your PC. If you want to keep all your photos, videos, and other files, select Keep my files otherwise click Remove everything.
We hope one of the solutions helped you in fixing the WiFi not working problem on your Asus ROG Strix G15 or G17. If you’re still struggling with the issue, contact Asus support. They can deeply look into the problem and provide you with more solutions.