Well, the main motive behind upgrading to a new version is an important task. But the intention behind upgrading to developer or beta preview is to test a new feature on our device. What if that fails or if the beta is not stable? This way we may end up rolling back or downgrading to the stable version. In this guide, we will help you on how to rollback from Android 10 Q to Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 6/6T.
As we know, Google released the Android 10 Q beta for 21 Android devices from over 13 different manufacturers. The OnePlus 6 and 6T is one of them. If you have upgraded to Android Q beta on OnePlus 6 or 6T, then you can anytime downgrade to Android Pie using this simple instruction. However, being a beta update, the current Android 10 update might not be a cup of tea for many OnePlus 6 and 6T users, who may seek to downgrade their OnePlus 6/6T back to Android 9.0 Pie.
Table of Contents
Known Issues on Android Q
- Camera, portrait mode does not work
- Ambient Display is not working
- System stability issues
- Encryption will change in the next preview build
- Some apps may not function as expected when running on this Developer preview release
How to downgrade OnePlus 6/6T from Android 10 Q to 9.0 Pie
Before following our instructions, make sure to read the steps and download the necessary files which are required to downgrade from Android Q beta to Pie update.
- This will work only on OnePlus 6 and 6T
- Make sure that you have enough battery (at least 50% or more) before upgrading your device.
- Download the Android Pie OxygenOS update and move it to your internal storage.
Instructions to rollback OnePlus 6/6T:
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the Rollback package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- The phone will boot into recovery mode to format user data, it will reboot again after formatting.
- Update successful.
I hope this guide will successfully rollback from Android 10 Q to Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 6/6T.