How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 4A (also Known as Honor Y6)
Today i will guide on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 4A (Honor Y6). To Install a recovery you need to follow this post very carefully. Read all the below steps properly. If you don’t understand leave a comment. We will quickly get back to you. So first we will guide you on How to Install Recovery TWRP on Honor 4A (Honor Y6) and then we will guide on to flash root
What you need:
- First of all you need to Unlock bootloader on your smartphone : Click here to readthe guide on how to unlock bootloader.
- You need either Laptop or PC
- Download Chainfire SuperSU.zip
- Charge your phone to atleast 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it
- Use Universal ADB if the above adb zip doesn’t work – CLICK HERE
- Download TWRP and Rename it to Recovery.img (not “recovery.img.img”) and Copy it to extracted ADB and Fastboot Tools Folder
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
REMEMBER TO RENAME THE RECOVERY
STEPS FOR How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 4A (Honor Y6)
- First of all enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Opendeveloper option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Aslo Enable OEM Unlocking by Going into Settings -> Developer Options -> Toggle OEM Unlocking
- Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – Type the Command from below in your Command window that you opened
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into bootloader, Now you need to check if your cable or drivers working properly. To do that type the below command on your command window
- To flash the recovery, Type the command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now if it shows the command like this then reboot your device. TWRP has successfull installed. Enjoy
- TO REBOOT INTO RECOVERY, TURN YOUR PHONE OFF, PRESS VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON TOGETHER TO ENTER RECOVERY.
HOW TO ROOT YOUR ON YOUR HONOR 4A (Honor Y6)
- You may have downloaded the SuperSu zip file from the section above what you need, If not – CLICK HERE to Download SuperSU
- Now move the SuperSu zip file to the root of your internal memory
- Boot your phone into recovery by by pressing “Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously.
- In TWRP Recovery, Click the INSTALL menu and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip
- Now Swipe to Install SuperSu
- Yes, Now the root must be working if you properly installed the Kingroot
- To verify, Go to Google Play and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have root on your HONOR 4A (Honor Y6)
So Hope you have understood on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 4A (Honor Y6), If yes then please give the star rating. If not leave a message, We will help you.