Satisfactory is one of the first-person open-world factory-building games that offers a dash of exploration and combat. This single-player plus multiplayer title has received overwhelmingly positive reviews for the PC version since 2020. Meanwhile, several players are facing the Satisfactory Multiplayer Not Working Issue on the PC whenever they try to get into the matchmaking or server. Now, if you’re also facing the same issue then don’t worry about it.
As per the multiple reports on Steam Community, the Satisfactory game somehow doesn’t work properly in the multiplayer mode whenever more than 2 players try to join it in a group. Well, it seems pretty weird but true. However, playing the game on the dedicated server works well in multiplayer mode. But we’re assuming that either the overloaded number of active players is putting pressure on the servers or there is a technical issue with the connectivity.
Also Read: Satisfactory Best Base Locations 2022
Fix Satisfactory Multiplayer Not Working Issue
Some affected players are claiming that the multiplayer mode has server synchronization issues because though the server host doesn’t have any problem at all, only the joining players are getting into this trouble. Whereas there would be no host and only the joining members. So, even the dedicated server might not get help for everyone because there will be no way to get rid of this bug as a host. At the time of writing this guide, we didn’t see any announcements.
Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned for you that might come in handy. Some of the temporary solutions are provided by the players on the Satisfactory Forum Q&As. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check for the Server Status
It’s highly recommended to check for the server status if the game is working fine with the multiplayer or not. Make sure to follow the official @SatisfactoryAF Twitter handle to get all the real-time updates and info regarding issues or bugs. You can send a direct message or tweet to the profile to get the best recommendations to avoid such an issue.
2. Update Satisfactory
An outdated game version can always trouble you whenever trying to launch it or even during the gameplay sessions. Additionally, the multiplayer mode becomes more problematic if the game version is outdated. So, you should always check for the game update by following the steps below to get the latest version as well as the bug fixes, new features, etc.
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Click on Satisfactory from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Satisfactory.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
From now on, whenever an update is available for your specific game, Epic Game Launcher will automatically install it in the background. But obviously, you’ll need to keep it open to do so unless you’ve enabled the start with Windows option.
3. Verify and Repair Game Files
Issues with the corrupted or missing game files on the computer might trouble you a lot. If in case, you’ve recently installed the latest game patch update then the chances are high that somehow any of the internal game files become problematic. So, it’s better to use the game client to automatically verify and repair game files without any headache. Most of the game file-related issues should be fixed easily. To do this:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Satisfactory from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Satisfactory.
- Click on Verify and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
4. Disable Firewall and Antivirus Protection
Try disabling the antivirus program and the Windows Firewall program on your computer temporarily to check for the issue. Sometimes security programs may treat some of the game files or ongoing connections as malware or threat which may lead to crashes or server connectivity errors. To do so:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type Windows Defender Firewall and click on it from the search results.
- Select Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- From the Customize Settings page, make sure to select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option in all the Public, Domain, and Private Networks.
- Click on OK to save changes.
Now, you can follow the steps below to turn off the real-time protection of your antivirus software.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Windows Security > Select Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Manage Settings > Turn Off Real-time Protection to check for the issue.
5. Enable Port Forwarding
You should enable the port forwarding option on your Wi-Fi router to ensure faster access to the game server. It offers fewer lags, provides stable connection, improved voice chat, and easier multiplayer gaming. To do so:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type cmd and click on Command Prompt.
- If prompted by UAC, select Yes to proceed.
- Now, copy and paste and hit Enter to get the networking details of your computer:
- Here you’ll have to note down the IPv4 address, Subnet Mask, Default gateway, and DNS Server address to somewhere else which will be required later.
- Next, press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type ncpa.cpl and hit Enter to open Network Connections.
- Right-click on the active networking adapter > Select Properties.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Select Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Now, make sure to type the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server address here that you’ve recently copied from the command prompt.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes.
- Restart your PC to apply changes.
Now, you can forward the port on your Wi-Fi router by logging into the admin dashboard and selecting Port Forwarding or Advanced Wireless.
Use the Protocol TCP: 5222, 6666 & Protocol UDP: 5222, 6666, 7777-7827 then select Enable the Port Forwarding option.
6. Reinstall Satisfactory
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to reinstall the Satisfactory game on the PC by following the steps below. Just uninstall and install it back to remove potential game file-related issues. To do so:
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Type Control Panel and open it from the search result.
- Click on Uninstall a program > Locate and right-click on the Satisfactory game.
- Now, select Uninstall > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Next, launch the Steam client or Epic Games Launcher.
- Then search for Satisfactory from the store > Install the game again on a different drive.
- Wait for it to complete and then launch it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.