Also called screencasting, this refers to reflecting the contents of the smartphone to the TV screen. In this case, I will tell you how to mirror the screen of both Android & iOS on Samsung TV. There are various methods by which you can watch your smartphone content on TV. However, screen mirroring majorly depends upon the model of the TV.
Most importantly, the smartphone of the user and the TV should be compatible with each other. Screen mirroring doesn’t have to be wireless. Using an HDMI adapter, you can also mirror the screen of your smartphone. I have explained various possible methods by which you can mirror screens, particularly for Samsung TV. Let’s check it out.
Table of Contents
Mirror Screen of Smartphone on Samsung TV
Here are the various ways of screen mirroring.
Using Smart View
For this method, your Samsung Tv must be a model manufactured between 2011 and 2016.
- First, connect the device and the TV using the same WiFi network
- Install the Samsung Smart View App on your device
- You have to select TV from the available devices for mirroring
- Then you may have to enter a PIN code
- Now, browse for the content on your device from my Music, My Videos, or My Photos that you wish to play on your TV.
Screen Mirror Using Smart Things App
This app is available for both Android and iOS devices. It is used to control smart home devices. If your Samsung TV is manufactured post-2016, then with the app installed on your device automatically.
- Install Samsung Smart Things on your smartphone
- Make sure your device and the TV are connected over the same WiFi network.
- Open the Smart Things app and connect to your TV from the list of available devices
- You may have to enter a PIN on the app when it is asked. Refer to the TV display for the PIN.
- Select your choice of content from the device to watch it on the TV
Use WiFi Direct
For this, you have to turn on the screen mirroring on the TV you have.
If using an old model
- Press the Source button > select Screen Mirroring
If using an old model
- Press Menu > go to Network > select Screen Mirroring
Enable Screen Mirroring on Your Device
These days most smartphones have a screencasting option inbuilt on the devices.
- Simply pull down the notification shades
- in the tiles of quick access, you can see an option for screencasting. Tap on it
As usual, make sure to connect your Apple device and the TV on the same WiFi network.
For viewing videos/photos/listening to audio
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone/iPad > choose the Photos
- Tap on the share icon on the bottom left corner
- From the options, select Airplay
- Select your TV from the list of devices
Using HDMI Cable
If you are wishing to create a connection using wires, then here you go. Make sure you are using the official HDMI adapter from Samsung for ensuring proper connection.
- Connect HDMI cable and the HDMI connector
- Then connect the other end of the HDMI cable with your TV
- Your device has a USB port. To that connect the HDMI adaptor
- Switch on your TV
- Change the input on the TV to HDMI port
So, these are the various ways including both wired and wireless to screen mirror your Android and iOS devices on Samsung TV. Try it out next time you wish to enjoy your smartphone content on a bigger screen of the TV.