The Sims 4 is one of the best in class life simulation video games that have been published by Electronic Arts. It’s the 4th major title in ‘The Sims’ lineup and available for multiple gaming platforms like PC, PS4, Xbox One, Mac. Though the game is pretty fine and doesn’t encounter major issues to the players, it seems that plenty of players are encountering The Sims 4 Script Call Failed Error while trying to place furniture in the gameplay. So, if you’re also one of the victims, you can check out the guide on how to fix The Sims 4 Script Call Failed Error.
It’s also worth mentioning that the game begins crashing after recent updates. Whereas using the rogue or unofficial in-game mods can also cause multiple issues to the players and script call failed error is one of them. Additionally, the in-game new expansions are also causing issues with the mods like the Snowy Escape expansion is crashing for plenty of players. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
Table of Contents
How to Fix The Sims 4 Script Call Failed Error
Before heading over to the possible workarounds, make sure to check whether all the expansions or mods are working properly or not.
1. Repair Game Files
- Launch the Origin client > Click on My Game Library.
- Now, right-click on the ‘Sims 4’ icon > Click on ‘Repair’ from the context menu.
- If prompted, confirm the action and wait for it to complete.
- Once done, simply restart your computer to check whether the error has been fixed or not.
If not then follow the below method.
2. Adjust Game Mods
- Make sure to back up or copy the saved game files or mod files on your PC.
- Ensure that all of your mods are updated properly. If your mods are incompatible with the recent expansion then you’ll need to report it to the game developers for a permanent fix.
- If in case, you’re using any unofficial third-party mods then you should consider deleting those mods completely and try again.
- Sometimes recently updated mods can also cause multiple issues due to bugs or stability problems. Therefore, you have to take precautions before updating any mod by following The Sims forums.
The second method also may not come in handy for The Sims 4 Script Call Failed Error. If yes, check out the 3rd method.
Read More: Best build challenges for The Sims 4
3. Reset Factory Settings to The Sims 4
Needless to say that resetting the game files to factory settings will fix most of the errors or bugs.
- Go to the File Explorer (This PC) on your computer.
- Now, copy and paste the following path into the address bar & hit Enter:
- You’ll need to take a backup of The Sims 4 folder (Copy the folder to another drive).
- Now, rename the existing The Sims 4 folder in the Documents.
- Launch The Sims 4 game and check whether the issue has been fixed or not. [The Sims 4 folder will be automatically created once again in the Documents folder]
- If the error doesn’t appear anymore, exit the game.
- Next, copy a single file from ‘The Sims 4 folder’ inside the renamed folder and paste it into the newly created folder under Documents.
- Once done, try launching the game again and check for the issue.
- Until the problem fixed, try copying & pasting one by one file and keep checking whether The Sims 4 Script Call Failed Error has been fixed or not.
Tip: You can also use a third-party app called ‘Sims 4 Studio’ to fix most of the errors in the game.
That’s it, guys. Let us know in the comment below for further queries.