In this tutorial, we will check out the steps to install the stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 20 X [EVR-AL00B]. The reason for this is the absence of Google apps which stems down to the US-China Trade war and ultimately resulted in Huawei parting ways from GMS or Google Mobile Services (though there still exists a method to install Google apps on the Huawei Mate 20 X).
Talking of the Huawei Mate 20 X, we have put up the latest stock firmware of the phone along with the flash tool and a complete tutorial to help you install the stock ROM correctly on the device. We have laid out all the instructions in a simple and detailed manner. So, it should be a cakewalk for you to install stock ROM on Huawei Mate 20 X EVR-AL00B.
Table of Contents
- 1 Stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 20 X
- 2 How to Install Stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 20 X
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 Huawei Mate 20 X Specifications:
Stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 20 X
In this tutorial, we will be sharing four different methods for the same. The method to install stock dload firmware on Huawei Mate 20 X could be carried out using an OTG adapter/memory stick, using Huawei NM card, from the eRecovery or directly from the system. Let’s check them out. But before that, download the firmware file for the said device from the below link.
- Information: Huawei Mate 20 X AL00B_BD_22.214.171.124_9.0.0_r3_EMUI9.0.0
- Device: Huawei Mate 20 X
- Filename: EVR-AL00B_BD_126.96.36.199_9.0.0_r3_EMUI9.0.0
- Download: Link
How to Install Stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 20 X
Now that you have downloaded the stock firmware, here are some of the different ways through which you could install the same on your Huawei Mate 20 X. But before you do so, keep in mind that using dload firmware to update your device will do a full wipe and will erase your internal memory as well. Therefore, it is highly recommended to create a backup beforehand. You could use the Hi Suite version 10.0.1.100 or take the help of our detailed guide to create a backup.
Upgrade using OTG Adapter or OTG Cable+USB Memory
- Download the dload firmware from the above link, extract it and copy the same to your USB memory stick. Make sure it is formatted as exFat or NTFS.
- Factory reset your device from the Settings option (optional). Once done, power it off.
- Now connect the memory stick using OTG cable to your device. Make sure it has all the three extracted files from the dload firmware.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates and shows Huawei+Android logo, press the Power button three times. Doing so will make your device to reboot to eRecovery mode.
- In that menu, select Update Mode, then select the Memory card/OTG update mode. The update will now start.
So these were the steps to install the stock dload firmware on Huawei Mate 20 X using the memory stick. lets now have a look at how the same could be done via NM Card.
Install Dload Firmware using Huawei NM Card
- Extract the stock firmware and place the three extracted files to the Huawei NM Card.
- Factory reset your device (optional) and then power off your device.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates, it will show the Huawei+Android logo. In this instance, press the Power button 3 times. This takes you to the eRecovery mode.
- Select Update mode from the menu and select Memory Card/OTG Update mode. The update will then start.
However, if you wish to carry out the update from the system itself, then follow the instructions mentioned in the next section below.
Update from System
- Extract the dload stock firmware of Huawei Mate 20 X and transfer the three extracted files to the Huawei NM Card or to the memory stick.
- Now head over to the dialer and enter *#*#2846579#*#*. From the menu that appears, select the Software Update option.
- After that, select the Memory Card Upgrade. The system will now read files from the inserted SD card/USB storage or NM Card and will subsequently flash the file.
- When the installation is complete, you could safely remove the OTG.
That’s it. You have successfully installed the stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 20 X. You could also check for the update using the eRecovery method. Follow the instructions mentioned below for that.
Check for Update using eRecovery
If you wish to update your device via eRecovery, here are the required steps for that. This method of update won’t wipe your device data as well, consider it as a normal OTA (Over The Air) update.
- Power off your device and then press the Power button. Doing so will make the device vibrate and display the Huawei and the Android logo. At that time, you will have to press the Power button three times. This will make the device to eRecovery.
- While in this mode, select the Update mode option and then select eRecovery mode.
- Next up, select the Update and recovery system. And then select Download update and recover.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet. The system will now check for any new update and will accordingly install it. If there isn’t any new update or you are already on the latest firmware, then tap Cancel and then Restart.
So this was all from this guide. We shared four different methods to install the stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 20 X. Select the method that suits your requirements and carry on the said update. Likewise, let us know which method you ultimately end up choosing. Happy Flashing! Before rounding off, don’t forget to check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks and Android Tips and Tricks section as well.
Huawei Mate 20 X Specifications:
Huawei Mate 20 X features a 7.2 inches AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2244 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55 Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm) processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Mate 20 X comes with Triple 40 MP + 20 MP + 8 MP, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR and 24 MP front shooting camera.
Huawei Mate 20 X runs on Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0 and backed by 5000 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.