Tekken 8 is a fighting game developed by Bandai Namco Studios and Arika. The game was published by Bandai Namco Entertainment on January 26, 2024, for PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X/S. This game is the eighth canon release and the tenth overall entry in the Tekken series. Although players enjoy a good time with this title, several are experiencing the out-of-sync issue. This out-of-sync problem in Tekken 8 occurs whenever the game’s multiplayer mode doesn’t synchronize properly. You can check this guide if you’re also facing the Tekken 8 Multiplayer Not Working error.
Well, the multiplayer syncing issue in Tekken 8 might trouble you a lot due to mods, which are user-created modifications to the game that can adjust the gameplay. Some of the mods might not be compatible enough with the game’s multiplayer mode or might also conflict a lot with other mods used by other players. Additionally, issues with network connectivity or antivirus software blocking can also trigger multiplayer not working conflicts whatsoever
- How to Fix Tekken 8 Multiplayer Not Working
- 1. Reboot the Game and the PC
- 2. Run the Game as an administrator
- 3. Check for the Game Updates
- 4. Verify and Repair the Game Files
- 5. Try Disabling the Mods
- 6. Check the Internet Connection
- 7. Use Revert Turn in Tekken 8
- 8. Try Disabling VPN or Proxy
- 9. Disable the Antivirus and Firewall Settings
- 10. Update Windows
- 11. Contact Support
How to Fix Tekken 8 Multiplayer Not Working
Fortunately, we have a couple of possible workarounds that can help. Make sure to try each method until the problem is resolved. So, without further delay, let’s get started.
1. Reboot the Game and the PC
You can resolve any temporary glitches or cache data issues by rebooting the Tekken 8 game and the PC, which also refreshes the system.
2. Run the Game as an administrator
It seems that running the game application file as an administrator on your PC can help you avoid any privilege issues related to user account control. Additionally, it is recommended to run the Steam client or any Games Launcher as an administrator on your PC as well. To do this:
- Right-click on the Tekken 8 application on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
Make sure to do the same steps for the Steam client or the Epic Games Launcher too. It should help you to fix Tekken 8 on your PC.
3. Check for the Game Updates
If you haven’t updated your Tekken 8 game for a while, then make sure to check for the latest available updates by following the steps below.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Tekken 8 from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- You might have to wait for a while until the update completes.
- Once done, close the Steam client, and reboot your PC to apply changes.
4. Verify and Repair the Game Files
You can also verify and repair the installed game files on the PC by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the game files. Sometimes corrupted or missing game files might trouble you a lot when launching.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Tekken 8 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
5. Try Disabling the Mods
If you’re experiencing issues with server connectivity while playing a game, you may want to try disabling any in-game mods you have installed. Although mods can be helpful for customizing and enhancing your gaming experience, they can also be a source of trouble. By disabling them, you can check if they are the cause of the problem you’re facing.
6. Check the Internet Connection
It is important to check your internet connection thoroughly before coming to any conclusions, as a weak or unstable network can often cause issues. If you are using a wired (Ethernet) connection, consider switching to Wi-Fi or vice versa to ensure that the specific networking connectivity is not causing the problem. If your internet is working properly, you can then proceed to the next step.
7. Use Revert Turn in Tekken 8
Sometimes, the out-of-sync server connectivity problem might appear in your game during a turn. Well, you must revert the turn to the beginning of the round. Ensure the host player is heading to the game menu and clicking on Options. Then select Revert Turn. It’ll reset the game to the beginning of the turn and allow players to start over.
8. Try Disabling VPN or Proxy
It is likely that you are using a VPN service on your networking or gaming device. While a VPN can help you connect to game servers in different regions, it can sometimes cause problems with server connectivity.
9. Disable the Antivirus and Firewall Settings
It’s possible that either your default Windows Defender Firewall protection or any third-party antivirus program is blocking the ongoing connections or game files from functioning correctly. Therefore, you should temporarily disable or turn off the real-time protection and firewall protection to ensure they don’t interfere.
Then you should try running the game to check if the Tekken 8 multiplayer not working issue on the PC has been fixed or not. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer.
you have to turn off the Windows Security protection too. Just follow the steps below:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage Settings.
- Just Turn Off the Real-time protection option.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
- Additionally, you can also turn off Cloud-delivered protection and Tamper protection if you want.
10. Update Windows
Updating your Windows OS build to the latest version is always a good idea to fix multiple issues or glitches with the system.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Update & Security.
- From the Windows Update section, click on Check for updates.
- If an update is available, click on Download and Install.
- Wait for the process to complete the installation.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes.
11. Contact Support
If none of the workarounds fix the issue for you, then make sure to contact Support from this link to submit the ticket and get a quicker resolution for the same.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.