Several car racing games, particularly on Steam and other gaming consoles, have various bugs and glitches. Your car may be difficult to control if you have a Thrustmaster TMX steering wheel. There are times when Thrustmaster TMX peripherals do not work properly on a PC and Xbox. This article will show how you can fix your Thrustmaster TMX not working on these consoles. We will mention the fix for every device separately.
Thrustmaster wheels controllers are excellent for car racing games to get on top of the leaderboards by displaying your driving skills in the game. Since the Thrustmaster TMX is released, people worldwide have faced a problem with the game; people using Thrustmaster TMX have encountered a problem while playing racing games on gaming consoles like Xbox and PC.
- How to fix Thrustmaster TMX not working on PC
- How to fix Thrustmaster TMX not working on For Xbox One
- How to fix Thrustmaster TMX not working on For Xbox series X|S
How to fix Thrustmaster TMX not working on PC
There are many people who play racing games on PC and Thrustmaster TMX comes into play when you have to achieve that no #1 position in the race. To fix your Thrustmaster TMX on your PC you can try the following steps.
Method 1: Update your Thrustmaster TMX
When you are on PC the one thing that you can do is to update your Thrustmaster TMX wheel driver to the latest version. When a new game is released Thrustmaster TMX releases a new driver with the new functions and features to provide support for the new games.
- Go to the Thrustmaster TMX page and download the latest updates.
- Now go to the racing wheel tabs.
- Select the Thrustmaster TMX from the list.
- Click on the drivers, and click on the download buttons.
- After installing the drivers, open the Thrustmaster control panel and configure the same.
Method 2: Use Different Port
If your Thrustmaster TMX is not working on the current port. You can try a different USB port of your PC for the Thrustmaster TMX. Once you have updated your Thrustmaster driver, restart your PC and insert it into a different port.
Method 3: Turn off Steam Input
Sometimes Steam won’t detect your Thrustmaster wheel controller, and in order to do so, you can disable the Steam input feature.
- Go to your steam properties select the Thrustmaster TMX and turn off the Steam input.
- Now go and check if your Steam has recognized your wheel or not. It should appear in the menu.
Method 4: Verify the Integrity of the game file
Sometimes you need to verify the integrity of the game files by going into the settings. Due to the game files error, your wheel might be unrecognizable and is not working for you. You can verify the integrity of the game files by following these steps.
Also read: Thrustmaster TX Not Turning On or No Power, How to Fix?
- Find your game in the library.
- Click on properties from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the local files and now click on the “Verify the integrity of the game files” option.
- Steam will verify the game files.
- Your Thrustmaster TMX should have been working now.
How to fix Thrustmaster TMX not working on For Xbox One
If you are using the Xbox one and your Thrustmaster TMX is not working, then there might be a slight chance that your game controller is connected to the Xbox one. Since the Thrustmaster TMX is the racing wheel controller, you should first check with your Xbox one controller and disconnect it if it is connected.
Method 1: Hard Reboot your Xbox one
The first step to fixing your Thrustmaster TMX on your console is to hard reboot. This will give your game a fresh start. Just quit the game completely and follow the following steps.
- Press the home button of the console.
- Now press and hold the power button for more than 10 seconds.
- Wait for the screen to go blank. Your Xbox One is rebooting now.
Method 2: Do a wheel calibration
Now you have done a hard reboot of the console. Now connect your Thrustmaster TMX and do a wheel calibration to let your console know what your wheel turning means for the game. In order to do so, go through the following steps.
Also read: Fix: Thrustmaster T300RS Accelerator or Throttle Not Working
- Start your game. Go to the option of the game.
- Now do a wheel calibration.
- Turn your wheel to the right and left.
- Now turn it 90 degrees and press A. Your Thrustmaster wheel should be working now.
Method 3: Reset the USB port on Xbox one
The USB port of your Xbox one is always on. Even when you have not inserted any device in the console or the console is off. To reset the USB port of your device, follow these steps.
- Turn off your console’s power and disconnect the power cable from the console.
- The LED of your console power supply cable turns Orange.
- Leave your wheel connected to the console.
- Now put your power cable back into the console; the cable LED should turn white.
- Now, turn on your console just by the power switch off the console (do not turn on the controller).
How to fix Thrustmaster TMX not working on For Xbox series X|S
The Xbox series X/S users have encountered problems connecting with the Thrustmaster TMX. But there are ways you can try and fix this issue in your X/S series.
Method 1: Update Xbox firmware
The first thing you can do for the X/S series console is updated your Thrustmaster TMX firmware to the latest version. Being on the latest build won’t hurt you and can do wonders for your software experience. The latest firmware has fixed the existing bugs, which can help you fix your Thrustmaster TMX not working on your console.
Method 2: Power Cycle your Xbox X/S
If you are getting errors or your accessories like Thrustmaster TMX wheel stopped working for your console. You can always Power Cycle your gaming console to give it a fresh start. To do so, follow these steps.
- Hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. It will turn off.
- Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it back on.
- Do not turn on your Console using the controller power button, as your Thrustmaster TMX is connected. Controllers might create problems.
Method 3: Reset your Xbox X/S
The last thing you can try is resetting your gaming console to the factory default. Due to some files error or corrupted files, your gaming console might create problems while connecting with accessories like the Thrustmaster wheel. You can do a hard reset. You can keep your files if you want while resetting the Xbox X/S.
- Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button.
- Go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
- To reset the console, select Reset. Upon selecting Reset your console. On the screen, you will see three options.
- You can choose according to your preferences.
Method 4: Thrustmaster TMX Support
Suppose nothing is making your gaming wheel work for you. There is a support team for the Thrustmaster wheel. Go to their website and raise a ticket or complain. You can call on their numbers too.
Thrustmaster TMX is a gaming wheel for giving you the best experience while controlling the game’s cars. It gives you real experience when handling the cars by taking the bumps and drifts effects on the wheel. It is frustrating for any gamers if their wheel stops working in the middle of the game. This article has provided all the Troubleshooting to fix your gaming wheel to work again.