You can’t go wrong with the T300RS if you’re starting to build your middle-range racing sim set up, and it’s a great place to start. In addition to sturdy build quality, quick-release wheels and three-pedal setups allow this system to be added and changed as you go. Even though the model number is smaller, the T300 is allegedly more precise, durable, and easier to use than its older sibling.
Nevertheless, various issues continue to plague the Thrustmaster T300RS, including some users complaining that the accelerator or throttle aren’t working. Despite this, it is still unclear why this occurs. So here’s something we’ve got for you. Here we have explained some basic fixes you can use to resolve if the T300RS accelerator or throttle is not working before going to the service center.
- How To Fix Thrustmaster T300RS Accelerator or Throttle Not Working
- Fix 1: Cleaning the Accelerometers or Throttle
- Fix 2: Update Thrustmaster T300RS Driver
- Fix 3: Bootloader Shortcut
- Fix 4: Restart Your Device
- Fix 5: Power Cycle The Thrustmaster T300RS
- Fix 6: Disable The Antivirus (Only PC)
- Fix 7: Check System Firmware Update
- Fix 8: Replacing Accelerator or Throttle Pad
- Fix 9: Contact To Support Team
How To Fix Thrustmaster T300RS Accelerator or Throttle Not Working
Fixing the accelerator or throttle not working issue isn’t a big deal; you can fix it just by using the methods we have discussed below. So, without further ado, let’s check out those fixes:
Fix 1: Cleaning the Accelerometers or Throttle
You should clean your Thrustmasters pedals’ accelerometers if debris buildup is causing them to malfunction. However, you can accomplish this by removing the pedal assembly and Accelerometers, then opening the pedal housing. Next, you should soak the throttle pads in isopropyl alcohol or a contact cleaner after they have been cleaned.
The throttle pads will remain usable for longer periods of time but will eventually need to be replaced. Therefore, you must test this out and see if it helps you fix the accelerator not working issue with the Thrustmaster T300RS. We have more options available if the issue continues to persist even after cleaning the pedals.
Fix 2: Update Thrustmaster T300RS Driver
Your PC may not be compatible with the Thrustmaster T300RS Pedals if you have pending updates for the Thrustmaster T300RS drivers. Therefore, you must follow these steps to update it:
- Start by visiting the official Thrustmaster website and choosing the Support tab from the menu.
- On the next page, hit the Download.
- In the Racing Wheels section, choose the Thrustmaster T300RS.
- Click on the Drivers option to download drivers and firmware updates for T300RS. Then check if the accelerator or throttle not working issue is resolved after you have downloaded and installed the updates.
Fix 3: Bootloader Shortcut
If you are using a PS4, you can either switch to a PS5 or a PS4 mode. You must then press the R3 and L3 buttons simultaneously while plugging the Thrustmaster T300RS into your Windows PC in order to boot it into bootloader mode.
After that, you should switch it back to PS3 and disconnect it right away. That’s it. Afterward, simply connect the wheel, as usual, to see if it is detected:
- Click the Start button to begin. From the options, select Thrustmaster.
- Next, click FFB Racing Wheel, then Control Panel. After that, simply check if the problem is resolved.
Fix 4: Restart Your Device
If you restart your computer, PlayStation 4, or PlayStation 5, your system’s memory will be cleared. As well, it prevents background processes from running and consuming memory. To ensure your device is operating at its optimal level, you should always reboot it before using it.
Several devices owner have reported starting working again after rebooting when using Thrustmaster T300RS Pedals. So please try this method and let us know if it works to fix the accelerator or throttle not working issue.
Fix 5: Power Cycle The Thrustmaster T300RS
Are you having trouble? Due to some random bugs or glitches, it’s possible the Thrustmaster T300RS accelerator or throttle doesn’t work on your PC, PS4, or PS5. It is therefore recommended you power cycle your Thrustmaster T300RS first before checking if the problem has been resolved.
- Turn off the Thrustmaster T300RS power button and unplug the wires from it.
- Wait a few moments, and then connect everything.
- It’s done. Now you have to wait and see whether your device’s accelerator or throttle is working again.
Fix 6: Disable The Antivirus (Only PC)
As your system’s firewall may consider the Thrustmaster T300RS as a third-party threat, it might be blocking it from working properly. So, to check if your antivirus is causing the problem, temporarily disable it:
- Open the Start menu and search for Windows Security.
- Go to the Windows Security app and select Virus & Threat Protection.
- Choose Manage Settings from the menu.
- That’s it. Then, toggle Real-time protection off.
Fix 7: Check System Firmware Update
The Thrustmaster T300RS accelerator or throttle may also not work if your device’s firmware hasn’t been updated. You should always check for firmware updates. So regardless of what device you are using, you can use these steps:
- Go to the Start menu and tap on Settings.
- Next, click Update & Security, and then check for updates.
- Go to Settings > System.
- Click Update System Software.
- You can delete all existing notifications (if any) by going to Notifications, then choosing Options.
- In the Settings window, click on the delete button.
- You can now update your system software by clicking the System Software Update button.
Fix 8: Replacing Accelerator or Throttle Pad
When the accelerator or throttle pads near the end of its lifecycle, the pedals of Thrustmaster T300RS will become less efficient. The whole wheel and pedal do not need to be replaced. Only the accelerator or throttle needs to be replaced. The pedal must be disassembled and soldered as a prerequisite. In case you don’t know, here are the steps:
- Since the pedal unit is near the foot pedal, replacing the accelerator or throttle for the first time can be tricky.
- You will need to unscrew the underside base plate of the pedal unit in order to remove it.
- You can then remove the accelerator by lifting the pedals gently.
- The washers and nuts on the Thrustmaster T300RS pedal should be discarded if you want to change its potentiometer.
- Solder the new accelerator or throttle to avoid them detaching with a soldering iron.
- Then, cut off the pot’s connectors. Doing this allows the wiring to be easily attached when the pedal unit is reassembled.
Fix 9: Contact To Support Team
The official Thrustmaster T300RS support team is the only one who can help you with the broken Thrustmaster T300RS accelerator or throttle if nothing else works. The Thrustmaster official will certainly be able to assist you in resolving this issue if you contact them.
So, that’s all on how to fix the Thrustmaster T300RS accelerator or throttle not working issue. We hope that you find this article helpful. However, for any type of doubts or queries, comment below and let us know.