Gearbox Software and 2K Games have come up with an action role-playing FPS video game called ‘Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands’. It’s a spin-off edition in the Borderlands series and a successor to Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep. The title has been quite optimized for Windows but somehow it seems that plenty of players are experiencing Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands game Won’t Launch or Not Loading on Windows PC which is unexpected.
It looks like the game has some common issues with the launching just like other PC games where players may get affected by the startup crashing or not launching issues in most scenarios. These days not only PC games but also console games can have multiple issues with the startup or crashes for several reasons. Now, if you’re also facing the same issue then you can try following this troubleshooting guide completely to fix it.
- Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Won’t Launch or Not Loading on PC
- 1. Run the game as an administrator
- 2. Update Graphics Drivers
- 3. Update Windows
- 4. Set High Priority in Task Manager
- 5. Use Epic Games Launcher Troubleshooting Feature
- 6. Reset Vault Cache on Epic Games Launcher
- 7. Set High Performance in Power Options
- 8. Whitelist Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands on Antivirus Software
- 9. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
- 10. Repair Game Files
- 11. Update Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
- 12. Try Launching the Game Directly from Installation Path
- 13. Contact 2K Support
Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Won’t Launch or Not Loading on PC
Therefore, the chances are high that your Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands game isn’t launching due to several possible reasons such as outdated graphics drivers, an outdated game version, missing or corrupted game files, unnecessary background tasks, etc. While an outdated Windows version, issues with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, vault cache of the Epic Games Launcher can cause a lot of trouble to you.
Sometimes antivirus-related issues, running the game or client without having administrator access, issues with the installed game files, etc may trigger the game not loading or won’t launch problems whatsoever. It’s recommended to follow all the methods one by one until the problem gets fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Run the game as an administrator
Make sure to run the game exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. You should also run the Epic Games Launcher as an administrator on your PC. To do this:
- Right-click on the Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
Make sure to do the same steps for the Epic Games Launcher too.
2. Update Graphics Drivers
It’s always required to update graphics drivers on your Windows system to run all the programs smoothly. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change effects.
Alternatively, you can manually download the latest version of the graphics driver and install it directly from the official website respective to your graphics card manufacturer. Nvidia graphics card users can update the GeForce Experience app via the Nvidia official site. Meanwhile, AMD graphics card users can visit the AMD website for the same.
3. Update Windows
Updating Windows OS build is always essential for PC users as well as PC gamers to reduce system glitches, compatibility issues, and crashes. Meanwhile, the latest version mostly includes additional features, improvements, security patches, and more. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
4. Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game priority in the higher segment via the Task Manager to tell your Windows system to run the game properly. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands game task.
- Select Set Priority to High > Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run the Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands game to check if it crashing on PC or not.
5. Use Epic Games Launcher Troubleshooting Feature
The Epic Games Launcher does have a pretty cool feature called ‘Troubleshoot’ that basically allows users to use this feature if something is wrong with the launcher itself. To do so:
- Open Epic Games Launcher > Click on your Profile section located on the top-right corner.
- Click on Settings > Scroll down a bit and click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- Once done, exit and re-launch the Epic Games Launcher to check for the issue.
6. Reset Vault Cache on Epic Games Launcher
If performing the Epic Games Launcher troubleshoot didn’t come in handy then you can try resetting the vault cache by following the steps below.
- Open Epic Games Launcher > Click on your Profile section located on the top-right corner.
- Click on Settings > Scroll down a bit and click on ‘Edit Vault Cache Location’.
- Now, click on it and select ‘Reset’.
- Once done, re-launch Epic Games Launcher.
7. Set High Performance in Power Options
If in case, your Windows system is running on the Balanced mode in Power Options, just set the High-Performance mode for better results. Although this option will take higher power usage or battery usage. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type Control Panel and click on it from the search result.
- Now, go to Hardware and Sound > Select Power Options.
- Click on High Performance to select it.
- Make sure to close the window and fully shut down your computer. To do this, click on the Start Menu > Go to Power > Shut Down.
- Once your computer is fully turned off, you can power it on again.
8. Whitelist Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands on Antivirus Software
Sometimes it may also be possible that somehow your default Windows antivirus program is too aggressive to handle third-party tasks without specific permissions. So, you should whitelist the game file as well as the Epic Games Launcher application on the antivirus software. To do that:
- Go to Windows Settings by pressing Win+I keys.
- Click on Update & Security > Select Windows Security.
- Click on Virus & threat protection > Under Virus & threat protection, click on Manage Settings.
- Under Exclusions, click on Add or remove exclusions.
- Click on Add an exclusion > Select File.
- Browse to the location where you’ve installed Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands.
- Just select the wonderlands.exe application file and add it to the whitelist.
- Next, simply head over to the installed Epic Games Launcher directory and add the EpicGamesLauncher.exe application file too.
- Once both files are added to the whitelist, make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
9. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Make sure to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on your computer to fix multiple gaming issues or errors completely. To do that:
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard to open up the Start Menu.
- Type Apps & Features and click on it from the search result.
- Now, locate the Microsoft Visual C++ program(s) in the list.
- Select each program and click on Uninstall.
- Visit the official Microsoft website and download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- Once done, install it on your computer, and restart the system to change effects.
10. Repair Game Files
If in case, there is an issue with the game files and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then make sure to perform this method to easily check for the issue.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands.
- Click on Verify and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
11. Update Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
If in case, you haven’t updated your Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available). To do this:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon of Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
12. Try Launching the Game Directly from Installation Path
It’s recommended to try launching the Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands game directly from the installation path instead of launching via Epic Games Launcher. It’ll ensure you whether there is an issue with the launcher or not. Just head over to the installed game directory and launch the game directly by right-clicking on the wonderlands.exe file. You should select Run as administrator and click on Yes (if prompted by UAC).
13. Contact 2K Support
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to contact 2K Support for further assistance. Sometimes a support agent can provide better solutions than others and you can also raise a ticket for a quicker resolution. So, the developers can take a deep dive into it.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.