It’s quite usual these days that the smartphones getting unresponsive or touchscreen not working after getting a new software update. As most of the smartphone OEMs are trying to deliver so many features but the stability lacks every time. Though, the latest iOS 13.3 or higher versions are quite stable than its previous versions. If you’re an iPhone 11 series user and facing touchscreen issues, you can check out the full troubleshooting guide on How to fix Touchscreen not working on iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max.
It’s also worth mentioning that most of the bugs or stability issues come with a new iOS update. So, if you want to restore any previous iOS version, you can do this via iTunes software. But make sure that the previous iOS version should be backed up in order to restore it. Meanwhile, there are some other possible solutions mentioned below that you can easily follow to fix the touchscreen issue.
- Steps to Fix Touchscreen not working on iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max
Steps to Fix Touchscreen not working on iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max
Keep in mind that some times local or cheap quality of screen protector or glass protector can also cause touch-related issues on your smartphones. Any local third-party charger can also cause ghost touch or unresponsive touch issues. Whereas, any dirt, dust, liquid, etc are one of the reasons for touch issues on your iPhone.
Additionally, if your handset has any physical damage whether internal or external, make sure to check that as well. Now, let’s take a quick look at the solutions below.
1. Force Restart iPhone
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Then press and hold the Power/Side button until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the button and wait for the device to boot completely.
2. Update All Pending Apps
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap on the profile icon on the top-right corner.
- Check for the Available Updates option.
- If there is any pending app update available, you will see that under the Upcoming Automatic Updates section.
- Now, either you can update apps individually or can update all.
3. Reset All Settings to fix Touchscreen not working on iPhone 11
- Go to the device Settings > Tap on General > Tap on Reset.
- Tap on Reset All Settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode and continue.
- Tap on Reset All Settings to confirm the process.
- Restart your iPhone.
3. Factory Reset iPhone
- Head over to the iPhone Settings > Select General > Select Reset.
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- If required, enter the passcode and confirm it.
- Then reboot your device.
4. Use iTunes to Restore your iPhone
If you’ve already backed up your previous iOS version on your computer via iTunes, then you can follow the below steps to restore your iPhone easily.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC via a lightning cable.
- Launch iTunes and wait for the system to recognize the device.
- Once done, you can see an iPhone icon on the iTunes interface.
- Click on the iPhone icon and then choose the Restore option.
- If prompted, sign out from the Find My iPhone and then click on Restore.
- Then you may have to click on the Restore button again to confirm the task.
- Your device data will erase completely and the iOS will be restored again.
- Once done, your iPhone 11 will reboot.
5. Use DFU Mode via iTunes to fix Touchscreen not working on iPhone 11
At last, you can try to enter into DFU Mode on your iPhone via the iTunes software using your computer. The Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode is an advanced recovery mode that can fix the unresponsive screen or any screen-related issues on your iPhone.
You can follow the full guide below.Guide to Enter and Exit DFU Mode on iPhone 11 Series
We hope that you’ve found this guide helpful. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.