Updated on September 11, 2020: Today we have added the latest version of TWRP Recovery for OnePlus Nord. Enjoy rooting your device!
After month-long leaks and talks, OnePlus has unveiled the much-awaited OnePlus Nord today in a first-of-its-kind AR launch event. It is the company’s first mid-range device since the OnePlus X of 2015 & we have to say that the specs & the pricing are pretty impressive. In this article, we will guide you on how to install the TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord.
TWRP recovery is probably the most used and most popular custom recoveries that we all know. For those who are quite accustomed to rooting and flashing custom ROM, etc. then, they know what TWRP Recovery is. However, for naive, the TWRP Recovery allows users to install custom ROMs/mods, take a complete backup of your phone, gain root access on your phone using Magisk Manager.
However, you are required to have TWRP access before you can go ahead and root your OnePlus Nord (codenamed avicii). And for flashing the TWRP recovery image, you need to follow the guide properly to avoid errors. And if you happen to own a OnePlus Nord and are looking for ways to download and install the TWRP Recovery on your phone then, you are at the right place as in this post, and we will guide you on how to download and install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord and eventually root using Magisk. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
Table of Contents
- 1 OnePlus Nord Specifications and Features
- 2 What is TWRP Recovery?
- 3 Advantages of TWRP Recovery
- 4 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord (avicii)
- 5 Instructions to Install TWRP
- 6 Root OnePlus Nord Using Magisk
OnePlus Nord Specifications and Features
OnePlus NORD features a 6.44-inch Full-HD+ Fluid AMOLED panel with a 90Hz refresh rate & Corning Gorilla Glass 5. this is often something we don’t see on phones lately because most of the devices during this price segment with a high-refresh-rate display have an LCD panel.
Under the hood, there’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G chipset, which is currently the foremost powerful Snapdragon 700-series SOC from Qualcomm. because of the integrated 5G modem, OnePlus NORD also supports 5G. there’s 6/8/12GB LPDDR4X RAM paired with 64/128/256GB UFS 2.1 storage. Finally, the OnePlus NORD comes with a 4,115mAh battery & Warp Charge 30T support. Android 10 based OxygenOS runs out of the box.
The Quad camera setup on the rear includes a primary 48 Megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor with OIS + EIS, an 8 Megapixel ultrawide camera with 119-degree FOV, a 2 Megapixel macro camera & a 5 Megapixel depth sensor. the first rear camera can increase to 4K 30fps videos & 240fps super slow-motion videos at 1080p. Some camera features include Nightscape, UltraShot HDR, Pro Mode, RAW Image, etc. On the front, there are dual cameras that include a primary 32 Megapixel Sony IMX616 sensor paired with an 8 Megapixel 105-degree wide-angle shooter. The front camera is capable of a 4K 30/60fps video.
Connectivity options on the OnePlus Nord include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v5.10, NFC, USB Type-C, 3G, and 4G (with support for Band 40 employed by some LTE networks in India) with active 4G on both SIM cards. Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and in-display fingerprint sensor. The OnePlus Nord supports face unlock.
What is TWRP Recovery?
Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP Recovery is a useful and popular custom recovery, which is open-source software. The touch-screen enabled interface allows users to flash third-party firmware and back up the system or data easily like never before. For Android customization lovers or developers, a custom recovery is a much-needed tool or software.
Additionally, you can install the kernel, modules, root or unroot, take Nandroid backups, etc. Meanwhile, you can wipe system partitions, internal storage, data, cache, vendor, etc. very easily.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
- Backups of partitions in TAR or raw Image format
- Restore backups from internal storage, external SD storage or OTG devices
- Install Custom Firmware
- Install flashable ZIPs and image files
- Partition wiping
- Delete System, Cache, Vendor, Partition, User Data, etc
- Install Root or Unroot by flashing ZIPs
- Terminal access
- ADB Root Shell
- Theme Support
- Possible decryption support depending on the device
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord (avicii)
Now before we go ahead and install TWRP Recovery on the OnePlus Nord, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your OnePlus Nord is charged to about 60% before installing TWRP recovery to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
Take a complete backup
Before rooting, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Activate Developer Options
To Enable the Developer Option on your device, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Settings menu of your Android device.
- Then scroll down and go to About.
- Now you need to head to Software Information>> More.
- Here tap on the Build Number 7-8 times until you see a message “You are now a developer”.
You also need to enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock option under the Developer Options menu. And to do that:
- Head over to Developer Options and toggle ON the USB Debugging option as well as the OEM unlock option.
Install ADB and Fastboot tools
You need to install the latest ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC. For that, you can follow the link mentioned below:
Unlock the bootloader
In order to install the TWRP Recovery, you have to first unlock the bootloader on OnePlus Nord.
Download OnePlus USB Drivers
You can follow the link below in order to download the correct OnePlus USB drivers for your phone.Download OnePlus USB Drivers for Windows and Mac
Download TWRP Recovery
Here you will find the latest and TWRP recovery for the OnePlus Nord.OnePlus Nord TWRP Recovery
Instructions to Install TWRP
Follow the step by step instructions mentioned below to simply install the TWRP Recovery on your OnePlus Nord:
- Firstly, download the TWRP recovery from the above download section.
- Extract the contents of the zip file into a folder.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools zip file and extract the components of it as well.
- Copy and paste all the files extracted from the TWRP Recovery zip files into the same folders where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot tools.
- Connect your OnePlus Nord to the PC using a USB cable.
- By pressing the Shift button on your keyboard, open a Powershell or command prompt.
- Enter the below command in the Powershell or command prompt:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now once the phone has booted up in the Fastboot mode, execute the following command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Now enter the below command:
- That’s it!
Root OnePlus Nord Using Magisk
- Now you need to install the Magisk Manager APK on your phone.
- Place it in the internal memory on your device.
- Then head over to recovery by pressing the Volume up + Power button together.
- Make sure you have created a backup of your OnePlus Nord.
- In TWRP, select Install and locate Magisk.zip and select the file.
- Swipe to Install and flash it.
- Restart your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to install the TWRP Recovery and root your OnePlus Nord smartphone. Let us know in the comments below if you faced any issues while installing the TWRP recovery on your phone and then rooting it using Magisk. Until the next post…Cheers!
- How to Root OnePlus Nord using Magisk Patched Boot Image
- Is OnePlus Nord Waterproof and Dustproof Protected?
- Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord [GCam Go APK added]
- OnePlus Nord Stock Firmware collections [Stock ROM flash file]
- Is OnePlus Nord Getting Android 11 Beta Update Soon?
- OnePlus Nord Software Update Tracker
- Download OnePlus Nord Stock Wallpapers and Live Wallpapers