If you are stuck with a bricked Asus ZenFone Max M2 and are looking for ways to fix it then, you are at the right place as in this post, we will be guiding you on how to unbrick your hard bricked Asus ZenFone Max M2. To recall, Asus ZenFone Max M2 was launched back in 2018 and is powered by Snapdragon 632, 3/4 GB of RAM, a 4000 mAh battery, a 6.26-inch display, and offers up to 64 GB of onboard storage. In the camera department, it has a 13MP primary shooter at the back and an 8 MP selfie camera. The Asus ZenFone Max M2 also sports a fingerprint scanner at the back.
Moreover, you can use this method on any PC or desktop running Windows operating system. This guide lets to come out of the bricked situation on your Asus ZenFone Max M2 so that it comes back to proper functioning. Thanks, XDA senior member, email@example.com for this guide. We would recommend you to follow the guide stepwise in order to avoid any issues. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
How To Unbrick Your Hard Bricked Asus ZenFone Max M2
Bricked devices will be dead, no Fastboot, no boot logo and even there is no LED indication as well. The only thing that works is the connection to the PC and is shown as Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostic device or QUSB_Bulk in device manager. However, you need to unscrew the back cover of your phone which means that the device warranty becomes void.
- This ROM is supported only for Asus ZenFone Max M2.
- You should have a working Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- A USB cable.
- Screwdrivers to unscrew the back panel of your Asus ZenFone Max M2.
Steps to Unbrick Asus ZenFone Max M2
- Install QPST tool from the above link.
- Then you need to open QFIL (Qualcomm Flash Image Loader).
- Insert the USB to the phone.
- Now while shorting the points with tweezers, plug in the USB to the system USB port.
- After about 5-10 seconds, your ZenFone Max M2 will show either USBDiagnostics9008 or Qloader9008 points, based on the drivers installed.
- If it shows USBDiagnostics9008 then, you need to head to Right-click–>update driver–>browse computer–>Let me pick–> un-tick compatible driver–>Qualcomm–>Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 driver, select and install it.
- If it asks you to restart then, restart your device.
- Now, open QFIL>Flash.
- Select validated_.._.._ ddr.mbn && xx_xx_no_fsg.xml during flash.
- You need to short circuit the two test points as per the attached picture during the entire QFIL flash.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this article. I hope that this guide will help you with the unbricking of your ZenFone Max M2. Moreover, you also need to take extra care before unlocking the back panel of your device as this procedure. Please let us know in the comments if this guide was helpful and also comment down below if you have faced any issues with any of the above-mentioned steps. Until the next post…Cheers!