In this guide, we will show you the steps to unbrick your dead Vivo Y51, Y51A, or Y51L device. Devices from this OEM are slowly but surely becoming active players in custom development. Right after you unlock the device’s bootloader, there are a plethora of mods that you could try out. From installing TWRP to rooting the device via Magisk, the possibilities stand endless.
But along with these tweaks, there’s always a chance of things not working as expected. In some instances, it might lead to a soft-brick or bootloop. While this is still manageable by some, it really gets challenging when your device ends up in a hard brick. But even if that happens, you may still unbrick your dead Vivo Y51, Y51A, or Y51L device and bring it back to life. Let’s check out the required instructions for the same.
How to Unbrick Dead Vivo Y51, Y51A, or Y51L
Before you proceed with the instructions, there are a couple of requirements you need to checkmark. We have mentioned all of them in the below prerequisites section, so do check them out.
- First and foremost, download the stock firmware for your Vivo Y51, Y51A, or Y51L device. There isn’t any official site as such, you might have to search it online and download it from a trustworthy source. Once downloaded, extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- Next up, download and install the QPST Tool on your PC. This tool will be used to flash the firmware onto your bricked device.
- Likewise, you also need to install the Qualcomm 9008 drivers on your PC. This is needed so that your PC is able to identify your device in the EDL or Emergency Download mode.
That’s it. These were all the requirements. You may now proceed ahead with the steps to unbrick your dead Vivo Y51, Y51A, or Y51L device.
- First off, open the back of your device and remove the battery.
- Now launch the QPST Tool on your PC and click on the Load XML button.
- You will now have to load that XML file that comes with the no_qcn tag.
- In our case, that file was rawprogram_unsparse_no_qcn_PD1510F_EX.xml. This is because all the other XML could corrupt your IMEI number whereas the no_qcn XML file doesn’t do so.
- Once that is done, connect your device to the PC via USB cable and short the test point to unbrick your Vivo Y51, Y51A, or Y51L device. You may refer to the below image for the Test Points (TP) location.
- The tool shall now detect the Qualcomm Port 9008, which signifies that the connection is successful.
- So now go ahead and hit the Download button. The flashing process will now begin and shall take a few minutes.
- Once the flashing is complete, remove your device from the PC and put the battery back in. Then use the Power key to boot your device.
That’s it, you have now successfully unbricked your dead Vivo Y51, Y51A, or Y51L device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section. Rounding off, here are some equally useful iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.