After the failure of LG G5 last year, LG has released it’s much-awaiting flagship LG G6 at the MWC in Barcelona, February this year. As LG was completely failed to gain any kind of profit from its previous LG G5 last year as the smartphone was declined by consumers for various controversies along with boot loop issues that forced it to shut down on its own. For this problem, LG was also sued with a court case which is hanged still. LG wanted people to forget about the last phone and they successfully did it by launching LG G6 with the eye-catching bezel-less design. If you own LG G6, then you can now unlock bootloader on LG G6 H870 (European Variant). Follow the guide below on Easy Method to Unlock Bootloader on LG G6 (European Variant).
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on LG G6 H870 Variant. Official Bootloader Unlock for LG G6 H870 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock bootloader on LG G6 H870, then its always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked bootloader on European LG G6 variant, then you can always re-lock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Table of Contents
Easy Method To Unlock Bootloader On LG G6 H870 European Variant
This only works on LG G6 Variant. Don’t try this on any other model. Below is the full guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on LG G6 Variant. Follow the procedure carefully. It is a somewhat involved process, but the majority of the process has been simplified as much as possible.
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
PRE-REQUISITE TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON LG G6 Variant H870
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will Loose warranty if you unlock bootloader
- Unlock Bootloader may wipe all your data, So make sure to Backup your Smartphone
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
What Do You need ?
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- Install the Minimal ADB or Full ADB Setup (Screenshot from Minimal ADB Tool)
Steps for Easy Method to Unlock Bootloader on LG G6 H870
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock.
- Download the Minimal ADB or Full ADB Zip and install/Extract it on your computer.
- Now note down the IMEI No of your device by dialing *#06# (Make sure note it down)
- Turn off your phone, now boot your phone into Bootloader by pressing Volume Up + Power Button Simultaneously. Now you will see a fast boot/bootloader
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now turn your phone into bootloader -> Turn off your smartphone – Press and Hold Power and Volume UP button – You will see Fastboot mode – or else, you can type the command if your device is in ADB mode. ( phone should be turned on and connected to PC via USB Cable.)
adb reboot bootloader
- If you are booted into fast boot, type the command below in CMD screen.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers or cables are not installed correctly. if you want to continue, you mt first fix your problem.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlock the bootloader. Remember, this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone. Take backup. In your command window, type
fastboot oem unlock
- This fastboot command will return unlock to verify type, So now enter the below command :
fastboot getvar unlocked
- It will proceed further with YES or NO.
- Now you can reboot to Bootloader to confirm
- Click Enter and That’s it ! Voila.! You have unlocked bootloader !
- You have completed the steps for How to Unlock Bootloader on LG G6 Variant.
- Now to reboot your phone, Type the command below
In case if you want to re-lock the bootloader on LG G6, then please enter the command in the command window “fastboot oem lock”. That’s it ! I hope you have successfully unlock bootloader on LG G6 H870 variant. In case if you have any feedback or comment, please share below.