Got a Moto E4 or Moto E4 Plus smartphone? Want to enjoy Latest Custom ROM? Then first thing is first. First, to break into Android Ecosystem of Modding and Updating Custom OS, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Moto E4 Plus. To break it, we will help you on to Unlock Bootloader on Moto E4 Plus with the simple step below.
Talking about the specifications of the smartphone, the Moto E4 Plus comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels at a PPI of 267 pixels per inch. Also, the Motorola Moto E4 Plus is powered by 1.4GHz quad-core MediaTek MTK6737M processor and it comes with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Motorola Moto E4 Plus packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The Motorola Moto E4 Plus runs Android 7.1 and is powered by a massive battery capacity of 5000mAh which also happens to be a non-removable battery. For the connectivity options, The Motorola Moto E4 Plus is a single SIM (GSM). Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Headphones, 3G, and 4G.
Remember: This guide is to Unlock Bootloader on Moto E4 and E4 Plus Smartphone. If you unlock the bootloader you may void the warranty. By Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file or custom ROM on your phone. Read more What is Bootloader unlocking below. Follow this guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Moto E4 Plus. Try this only on Moto E4 Plus smartphone. This method to unlock bootloader on Moto E4 and Moto E4 Plus is simple to follow. But please do read the steps below carefully.
Table of Contents
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
PRE-REQUISITE TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Moto E4 and Moto E4 Plus
- Works on all Moto E4 and Moto E4 Plus including model XT 1686
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- Go to Motorola website and Sign up/Register. (You can log in if you already have a Username and Password)
- You will Loose warranty if you unlock the bootloader, So prepare for it.
- Unlock Bootloader may wipe all your data, So make sure to Backup your Smartphone.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
What Do You Need ?
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- How to Get Bootloader Key for Motorola Moto E4 Plus Device? : Find in step 14 on How to Get Bootloader Key for Motorola Moto E4 Plus Device
STEPS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Moto E4 and E4 Plus
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fast boot Zip file on your PC
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to boot into bootloader by tapping down the volume down button on your phone and select the BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE option with power key. Now you can unlock the bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Now command will return a string which you need to copy the string to a notepad with a single line by deleting all space
(Note: Only copy the highlighted sections above. Do not copy the INFO or (bootloader) prefix)
- To Get Bootloader Key for Moto E4 Plus – Open the website Motorola’s unlock the boot loader site by Signing up or Login via Google Plus account
- Now paste the string from Notepad to the box shown on the website (Check Screenshot below)
- Once you click the “Can my Device be unlocked?” you will receive a email with unlock key.
- Now copy the unlock key and type the following command and enter.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
Here UNLOCK_Key is the place where you have to paste the unlock key which you copied from the email.
- That’s it! Your device will be unlocked. hah! Have fun!
If you have any queries or doubts related to unlock bootloader on Moto E4 and E4 Plus, Please leave a comment below. Thank you