Hellbent Games has released a horror multiplayer action survival video game called ‘Video Horror Society‘ that offers a thrilling 4v1 asymmetric title. It’s also worth mentioning that the game is in early access mode so there may be several possible bugs or issues. Multiple players are experiencing the Video Horror Society Stuck on Loading or Connecting Screen issue on the PC while launching the game. Now, if you’re also facing this issue, you can follow this guide.
According to multiple reports by the players, the Video Horror Society game gets stuck in the loading screen quite often which becomes frustrating for the players. Whereas rebooting the game, adjusting in-game settings, and more. Apart from stuck on the loading screen issue, players may encounter some other issues like the startup crashing issue, lagging, black screen issues, and more. Luckily, there are a couple of workarounds that you can follow below.
- Fix: Video Horror Society Stuck on Loading or Connecting Screen
- 1. Run the Game File as an Administrator
- 2. Try Re-Linking Epic and Steam Account
- 3. Check for Server Status
- 4. Increase Virtual RAM
- 5. Update GPU Drivers
- 6. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
- 7. Check for Windows Updates
- 8. Update Video Horror Society
- 9. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 10. Disable Security Programs
Fix: Video Horror Society Stuck on Loading or Connecting Screen
The chances are high that somehow the loading or connecting screen issue on the Windows PC is appearing due to possible reasons such as the server connectivity or the internet issue or even game file-related issues. Whereas the antivirus blocking issue or an outdated graphics driver issue, overlay apps issue, and more can also cause multiple conflicts with the loading screen. Here we’ve shared some troubleshooting methods for you that might help a lot.
1. Run the Game File as an Administrator
It’s also recommended to always run the game executable file as administrator access on the Windows PC so the User Account Control (UAC) can allow all the access properly. Sometimes the system may think you’re trying to run the game without authorizing it. This is a one-time process for each game. Make sure to follow the steps below to do so:
- Right-click on Video Horror Society exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
- Now, you can just double-click on the game exe file to launch it.
Once done, you can also do the same steps for your specific game launcher (E.g., Steam and Epic Games Launcher) used to run the game. So, you’re giving the same UAC access to the game launcher too.
2. Try Re-Linking Epic and Steam Account
As per some reports, re-linking the Epic and Steam account did fix stuck on the loading screen issue for several affected players. So, you should also try performing this method once.
3. Check for Server Status
Make sure to check for the server status of the Video Horror Society game by following the @VHSTheGame Twitter handle. Sometimes issues with the game server like downtime or outage or even the maintenance process may trigger the game crashing or stuck on the loading screen issues. If there is an issue with the game server then you can wait for a couple of hours and try again. If there is no issue with the server, you can head over to the next method.
4. Increase Virtual RAM
Virtual memory combines your RAM with temporary space on your hard disk. If you’re running out of RAM and the default size of your virtual memory isn’t large enough for your needs, you’ll need to increase it manually.
- Press the Windows logo key on the keyboard and type advanced system settings.
- Click on View advanced system settings.
- Click on Settings > Click on the Advanced tab > Click on Change.
- Uncheck the box next to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Select your C: drive [Where you’ve installed Windows] > Click the Options button next to the Custom size and type 4096 in the text box of the Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB).
Note: It’s always better to increase the virtual memory three times higher than the current RAM size. [1GB=1024MB]
- Click on Set and then OK to save changes.
- Restart your computer and your game.
5. Update GPU Drivers
If in case, you haven’t updated your graphics driver on the Windows computer then make sure to install the latest patch version. To do so, you’ll need to check for available updates by following the steps below:
- Press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
If you cannot find any update, then make sure to head over to the official graphics card website and search manually for the latest update. If a new version is available, just download the file on your PC and install it. Whatever graphics card you use, jump to the link below as per the manufacturer.
6. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
Another thing you can do is simply close unnecessary background tasks on your PC to ensure there is no additional consumption of system resources happening in the background whatsoever. To clear out background tasks:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, just restart your computer to change effects immediately.
7. Check for Windows Updates
The chances are high that your Windows OS build becomes outdated enough or corrupted. If you’re also feeling the same then make sure to follow the steps below to check for Windows updates. If the update is available then just install it. The latest software updates always offer bug fixes and improvements. To do this:
- Press the Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
8. Update Video Horror Society
Even an outdated game patch version can trigger several potential issues on the gaming device that leads to crashing issue, lags, stutters, and more. It’s recommended to check for the game update periodically and install the latest update whenever available. You can follow the steps below to do the same.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Video Horror Society from the list of installed games on the left pane.
- Now, the client will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, you’ll see the Update option > Just click on it.
- Wait for a couple of minutes or so until the game update completes. [Depends on the storage space and internet connectivity]
- Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and launch the Video Horror Society game again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Video Horror Society.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
This will automatically enable the download feature whenever a new patch update will be available for the selected game. So, you don’t need to manually check for updates anymore.
9. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes missing or corrupted game files on the PC may occur some issues with the game application launching properly or start crashing. It doesn’t mean that you’ll always get an error message or warning notice after crashing. A minor but useful game file may get corrupted or missing quite easily. Luckily, most of the game launchers do come with a useful feature to automatically verify and repair game files online. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Video Horror Society from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon next to Video Horror Society.
- Click on Verify > Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
This method should fix the Video Horror Society Stuck on Loading or Connecting Screen issue on the PC in most scenarios.
10. Disable Security Programs
It’s also worth mentioning to turn off the Windows Firewall and Antivirus security program because some game files may not run properly. To do so:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
Then make sure to disable the antivirus program on the PC temporarily by following the steps below:
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, you’ll need to simply turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.