In this guide, we will share the instructions to enable VoLTE/VoWiFi on Asus Rog Phone 2. Voice over LTE or WiFi allows you to make and receive calls directly via LTE or WiFi rather than routing it through your carrier’s network. Most of the devices that are being launched or have been launched recently, supports calling over WiFi or LTE. The benefits of this feature are aplenty. The most obvious ones including making calls free of cost. Likewise, if the network signal is weak, you could still make and receive calls by routing it through the WiFi channel.
However, things aren’t so easy when it comes to enabling VoLTE/VoWiFi on Asus Rog phone 2. The device definitely boasts some of the best specifications that you are likely to find in mobile in this segment. With a 120hz refresh rate, Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855+ chipset and a mammoth 1TB/12GB ROM/RAM combination definitely make it a beast. it’s 48MP+12MP dual rear camera and a 32MP front camera are definitely impressive. But if you wish to try out the VoLTE/VoWiFi on your Rog Phone 2, there isn’t any simple toggle to enable the same. But in spite of this, we could still enable this feature on Rog II, using the detailed method given below. Follow along.
Enable VoLTE/VoWiFi on Asus Rog Phone 2
This guide will be divided into four separate sections to make it easier in understanding the steps. But before you go ahead and enable the VoLTE/VoWiFi on your Asus Rog Phone 2, make sure that you have a working DIAG mode. Now head over to the below section and download the required files before you start with the steps.
Here are all the files that you will require for this process to complete successfully:
Instructions to Enable VoLTE/VoWiFi on Asus Rog Phone 2
Now that you have downloaded the above-mentioned files, here are the required instructions to enable the VoLTE/VoWiFi on your Asus Rog Phone 2:
STEP 1: Settings Properties
First of all, install the AsusVoLTE app from the above section. Open the app and tap on Enable VoLTE. This will set some properties in the background on your device to make it force enable the VoLTE. If you don’t wish to use the app you could also run the below commands in the adb shell:
setprop persist.vendor.dbg.ims_volte_enable 1 setprop persist.vendor.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1 setprop persist.vendor.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1 setprop persist.vendor.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1
However, if you are still not able to set these properties because you have reverted back to stock firmware after flashing the mbn file and hence no longer have root, there’s another way out: To make it work, enter the below code in the phone dialer:
As soon as you enter it, the screen will clear and you shouldn’t see any output if the command is executed successfully. After that, go to Settings > Mobile Network and turn off the mobile data. Turn it back on and you should now see the VoWiFi or VoLTE icon in the status bar now.
STEP 2: Use the EfsTool
- Before you begin using the EfsTool, make sure to close the QPST, otherwise, it will conflict with the proper functioning of the tool. This is because two clients cannot be connected at once.
- Extract and unzip the EfsTool and open the Command Prompt window. Use the cd command to change directory to the place where you have extracted the tool.
- Now depending on how you connect to DIAG, you will have to modify the EfsTool.exe.config file accordingly. For example, if connecting via USB, you won’t have to do much as the tool will automatically find the port.
- However, if you are connected via WiFi, the port needs to be changed to 2500 (or the port you have used in the AsusVoLTE app) and remote it to true. In that case, the command will look like:
<efstool port="2500" remote="true" baudrate="38400" password="FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" spc="000000"/>
- Finally, test the connection by running the below command in the CMD window:
- If there’s an error, try rebooting your device or retry the above-mentioned steps.
Step 3: Disable mcfg
Now extract the efs.zip to the same directory where the EfsTool is present. Also, make sure the mcfg_autoselect_by_uim file is present there. Now open the CMD window and enter the below two commands:
EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1
Step 4: Writing MBN
- If you have also downloaded the Xiaomi Mi 9T MBNs zip files, move it to the EfsTools directory.
- Now find the mbn for your specific carrier. The directory structure for the same should be along this line:
- Next, copy the mcfg_sw.mbn file to the directory where the EfsTools.exe is present.
- Open the Command prompt and type the below command:
EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v
- And if you wish to get it working in the second SIM slot as well, execute this command:
EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1
- You should now see the output, without any error. Now just reboot your device once and once it gets booted, VoLTE/VoWiFi should be fully functional.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to enable the VoLTE/VoWiFi on Asus Rog Phone 2. Share your experiences on the same in the comments section below. And if you face any queries, do drop them in the comments below. With that said, also check out iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks.
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Asus Rog Phone 2 based on Android 10
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ROG Phone 2 and root it easily
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 GSI for Asus ROG Phone 2
- Common Asus Rog Phone 2 Problems and Fixes
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 2
- ASUS ROG Phone 2 Software update