Asus has recently unveiled its second-generation gaming smartphone called ASUS ROG Phone 2. It’s a successor device of the previous generation ASUS ROG Phone. If you’re using the ROG Phone 2 model or planning to buy, you should check out the article completely. Here we will share all the latest Asus ROG Phone 2 ZS660KL Stock Firmware Collection. You can download the latest firmware update files from here.
As we all know that Android is an Open Source platform based on Linux. It’s easily customizable. Sometimes, due to the customizations or flashing any firmware or mod file improperly may brick the device. Your device software may be broken or may get the boot loop issue. Therefore, flashing Stock Firmware on your device will solve most of the issues completely.
If you’re facing problems like screen freezing, touch unresponsiveness, camera fail, or boot loop issue, you can do a factory reset or flash the latest Stock Firmware. Check the advantages of Stock Firmware from below.
Advantage of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Asus ROG Phone 2
- Fix the device boot loop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device
- Fix Bugs on your phone
- Fix lag or stutter on Asus ROG Phone 2
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Revert back to Stock ROM will gain phone warranty (if applicable)
Asus ROG Phone 2 Specifications and Features
The Asus ROG Phone 2 packs a 6.59-inch Full-HD+ AMOLED display with 1080×2340 pixels resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, and 10-bit HDR support. It’s powered by the octa-core 2.9GHz Snapdragon 855+ SoC, coupled with up to 12GB of LPDDR4X RAM. While the inbuilt storage is up to 512GB UFS 3.0 which comes in two storage variants of 128GB and 512GB. The ROG Phone 2 features dual front-facing stereo speakers with DTS: X Ultra support.
The ROG Phone 2 sports a 48MP primary camera along with a 13MP wide-angle camera which offers a 125-degrees field of view. While the front features a 24MP selfie shooter. It runs on ROG UI based on Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box. But the company has mentioned that the users can switch to Stock Android UI in the future.
In terms of the connectivity options, it includes Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi-Direct, NFC, a 3.5mm audio jack, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C port, and a side-mounted connector. The phone includes an accelerometer, compass, proximity, hall sensor, ambient light sensor, in-display fingerprint sensor, gyroscope, and an ultrasonic sensor. The ROG Phone 2 packs a massive 6,000 mAh battery with 30W ROG HyperCharge technology. Asus claims that the battery will 7 hours of PUBG gameplay @60Hz refresh rate on a full charge.
Asus ROG Phone 2 ZS660KL Firmware Flash File:
||– Upgrade the system to Android 10.
– Support for system updates via Google Play.
– Remove Go2Pay and tagging function in the library
– Support for AuraSync lighting profiles when attaching Lighting Armor Case
– Add advanced brightness settings to QuickSetting.
– Emergency calls are applied to some areas. Remove some related settings from Armory Crate
– Add settings to change the Power key Menu.
– Add gesture navigation master, full screen.
– Support Android 10 Dark Theme.
– Add “Recommended action” in advanced notification settings.
– Do not pin notifications when turning on System Light while playing music.
– Change Wi-Fi icon design.
– Some 3rd party applications may not be compatible with Android 10.
– “Gestures on dark screen” will turn off after upgrading the system.
|CN-16.0621.1907.48 [2.39 GB, Download]||
|WW-16.0622.1907.33 [2.2 GB, Download]||
|CN-16.0621.1907.47 [2.39 GB, Download]||
|WW-16.0622.1906.19 [2.12 GB, Download]||
|CN-16.0621.1906.24 [2.3 GB, Download]||
|CN-16.0621.1906.12 [2.38 GB, Download]||
|CN-16.0620.1906.18 [2.29 GB, Download]||
Steps to Install Asus ROG Phone 2 Stock Firmware:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requirements and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- The guide and firmware file is only supported for Asus ROG Phone 2 model.
- Charge your phone up to at least 50% before installing any file.
- You will require a Laptop or PC and a USB cable.
- Take a complete device data backup without any root.
- Install the Latest Asus USB Drivers. [For All Android USB Drivers]
- You have to download ADB Fastboot drivers on your PC.
Instructions to Install Firmware on Asus ROG Phone 2
Check out the full installation method. We have provided two possible methods for installing the stock firmware. You need to follow only one method properly.
Method 1: Install via Recovery
- First, you have to download the zip file from the above link and rename the file to update.zip.
- Now, switch off your device and reboot into recovery mode by pressing the Power button +Volume UP button.
- After booting into the recovery mode select apply update from sd card.
- Now, choose the update.zip file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Wait for the complete installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, you can Reboot your ROG Phone 2.
- That’s it. You’re done.
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
- Download the ADB and Fastboot drivers for Windows or Mac and extract them on your PC.
- Install the ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Now, move the downloaded OTA zip file to ADB Folder.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your device.
- Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode by pressing the Volume UP + Power button together.
- Now, connect the PC to Mobile with a USB Cable.
- Next, enter the following command in the command window and press enter:
- This command will show if any device is connected properly. If it doesn’t show, then please check the drivers are installed properly or if the attached cable is damaged.
- If your device is listed, then please type the below command in your command window.
adb sideload File_name.zip
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- Once the installation process is completed and You can Reboot your ROG Phone 2.
Hope you have successfully installed or upgraded your device stock firmware easily. In case, you’re facing any issues, you can ask in the comments below.