Shiro Games and Shiro Unlimited recently launched a turn-based open-world RPG called ‘Wartales’ that allows players to manage a mercenary band to survive in a low fantasy world trying to recover from a plague. You can explore the world, recruit companions, collect bounties, and so on. Though it becomes quite popular in the market, the chances are high that somehow you might be encountering the Wartales Cheat Engine Not Working issue After an Update.
As per multiple reports and claims on the official Steam Community page, several unfortunate players are unable to use the cheat engine in Wartales on a Windows computer. So, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue or don’t know how to use the cheat engine in Wartales then make sure to follow this article. It seems that there can be a couple of potential reasons applicable behind such an issue or the cheat engine doesn’t work properly on the PC.
How to Fix Wartales Cheat Engine Not Working After Update
So, before jumping into the troubleshooting guide, do keep in mind that an outdated game version, conflicts with the installed game files, conflicts with the installed game files, issues with the antivirus or firewall protection, etc can cause cheat engine not working issues. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the workarounds below.
1. Try Using Cheat Tables
Some reports are claiming that the cheat engine in Wartales works differently and players will have to divide or deduct the value from the original to get it to work. It’s actually better to get the cheat tables for Wartales here and start using them in Cheat Engine.
2. Search for Better Alternatives
You’ll have to try out better alternatives to work the cheat engine properly in Wartales such as the WeMod app to cross-check if the problem has been fixed or not.
3. Check the Wartales Game Update
An outdated game version can also trouble you a lot when it comes to game compatibility or some bugs. If in case, you haven’t updated your Wartales game for a while then make sure to check for the latest available updates by following the steps below.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Wartales from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, just click on Update.
- You might have to wait for a while until the update completes.
- Once done, close the Steam client, and reboot your PC to apply changes.
4. Verify and Repair the Game Files
You can also verify and repair the installed game files on the PC by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the game files. Sometimes corrupted or missing game files might trouble you a lot when playing games.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Wartales from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
5. Disable Antivirus Protection
You have to turn off the Windows Security protection by following the steps below. It’ll ensure you easily avoid game launching or gameplay issues on the PC.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage Settings.
- Just Turn Off the Real-time protection option.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
- Additionally, you can also turn off Cloud-delivered protection, and Tamper protection if you want.
6. Turn Off Windows Firewall
The chances are high enough that maybe your default Windows Defender Firewall protection or any third-party antivirus program is preventing the ongoing connections or game files to run properly. So, make sure to temporarily disable or turn off the real-time protection and firewall protection.
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.