Wasteland 3 becomes a popular title to play if you’re an RPG lover that has been developed by inXile Entertainment and published by Deep Silver in August 2020. The game is available for Windows, PS4, Xbox One, Linux, Macintosh platforms. Now, some of the unfortunate players are reporting that the Wasteland 3 is not saving on PC due to some unknown reasons. Meanwhile, some of the Wasteland 3 players are also asking how to disable auto save.
So, if you’re one of the affected players and want to solve any of these issues, then check out this simple troubleshooting guide. There is nothing more frustrating than having issues with the game saves because it not only refuses to save your game progress but also forces you to play the game again from the starting of the session or mission. And certainly, it’s not a cup of tea for any of the game lovers at all.
Similarly, the autosave feature can be an irritating perspective for a couple of players while gaming because there are multiple issues that seem to be appearing for autosave. So, for a temporary basis, developers are asking the affected players to disable the autosave option for a while until a patch fix arrives. So, let’s check out both the guides one by one.
Wasteland 3: Fix Not Saving On PC
- According to inXile Entertainment, an antivirus program can cause issues with the Wasteland 3 game by simply blocking it to run properly. Therefore, either disabling the antivirus software temporarily during the gameplay or whitelisting the Wasteland 3 game on the antivirus program can resolve the game not saving issue.
- So, if in case, you’re using any third-party antivirus program then either turn off real-time protection or add an exclusion to the antivirus program for the Wasteland 3 game.
- As Windows 10 comes with a preloaded Windows Defender program and most of the users prefer it, you can follow the below steps to whitelist the game on Defender.
- Click on Start > Open Settings > Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Select Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection.
- Choose Manage settings under Virus & Threat Protection Settings.
- Go to Exclusions > Choose Add or remove exclusions.
- Next, click on Add an exclusion > Choose Folder.
- Browse the downloaded Wasteland 3 folder from the disk drive > Add the folder in Defender.
- Once done, restart the computer and you’re good to go.
Wasteland 3: How to Disable Auto Save
It’s needless to say that autosave feature is always come in handy for all the gamers to resume the checkpoint or somewhere else where they have left the progress. In that scenario, you don’t need to remember or start over again in the gameplay. But according to the developers on the Steam Community page, temporarily disabling the autosave feature will reduce the bugs or some other issues in the game as of now on a temporary basis.
- In order to disable the autosave option on the Wasteland 3 game, launch the game first.
- Then head over to the in-game OPTIONS menu.
- Next, under the GAMEPLAY list, you will find AUTOSAVE option.
- Turn OFF the option and you’re done.
- Restart the game and the autosave feature will be disabled now.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, feel free to ask in the comment down below.