As you guys know, Windows 10 is the latest offering from Microsoft. Just like all the other operating systems from Microsoft, the Windows 10 also runs for myriad processes and supporting apps. And in this new operating system, one of the background processes often would show up. Further, if you guys check each time the Task Manager, you can find that tool is the CTF Loader. Sometimes you may wonder what that is as it keeps appearing and disappearing again and again. Apparently, this might also be the cause of your computer system’s slow performance or might think of that. If you dig more, you can find that it is the ctfmon.exe eating up your whole resources. Well, there you are wondering what is this CTF Loader / ctfmon.exe?
Whether it is a malware or Virus and how you guys can disable the same so that you can have better memory optimization on Windows computer. This means that all your problems with a laptop or desktop would come to an end. Please do note that, let us tell you guys that “No, the CTF Loader ( aKa ctfmon.exe ) is not a Virus”. Even though this is not a virus, there can be times when this process alone might cause some issues on your Windows running PC. Hence, it would be better to know about the CTF Loader because even if it is not causing any kind of hindrance with your system’s performance, you might just be curious to know if it is just a virus or not which might affect your PC and what application or process is causing it.
Today, with this article, we would be covering topics like; what is this CTF Loader, the role of CTF loader, common issues with CTF loader, and How to fix the CTF Loader Errors on your Windows PC. So, if you guys are tired of running into the process or errors related to it, you will be happy to know that there are a few ways to disable it and to fix those errors. Now, before we get straight to How to fix the CTF Loader related errors, let us actually take a quick look at what is CTF Loader, and some related topics in the same stretch.
What is the CTF Loader?
As you guys might have already known, every operating system including Windows does have some processes which help applications and other programs to run smoothly on your laptop or desktop. Well, some of these processes are essential for your PC and others are just there to enhance other programs. CTF (Collaborative Translation Framework) Loader is an authentication service that is used to deliver text support for alternative user input applications such as the keyboard translation, speech recognition, and handwriting. In other words, it is a service running in Windows to monitor the active windows and offer text support for the following services:
- Foreign languages
- Handwriting and speech recognition
- Other alternative user input options you can find in the Microsoft Office software
Besides initializing the Alternative User Text Input Processor (TIP), the CTF platform also activates the Microsoft Office’s Language Bar. It is a feature that enables you to seamlessly switch between the different input languages when you guys load it is. Further, this framework also comes with text support for alternative user input applications.
Let me dig about this more for you guys. CFT process is also responsible for the Microsoft Office’s Language Bar which is one of the best features of the Microsoft office. For those who guys, doesn’t already know about this, we will let you know about it. This lets you guys switch between the different input languages seamlessly when loaded. You guys can also find the CTF loader inside the C: WindowsSystem32 or C: WindowsSysWOW64 directory on your Windows 10 running PC.
What are the Common Issues Associated with the CTF Loader?
Till we discussed about the CFT loader, now let us look at what type of issues will you guys face. Some users around the globe have reported that they are receiving many CTF Loader related errors. Today, we will list out the typical errors which they have already reported.
First one: “Exe (CTF Loader) crashes”, This is an error where some of the users have reported that the file itself fails i.e. (CTF Loader has encountered a problem…. Sorry for the Inconvenience). The major issue is that this will be also a cause for other applications to stop working.
The second major one: The laptop or desktop becomes not useful: This means that the CTF Loader has also been a cause for completely slowing down the PCs because of high RAM consumption.
What are the causes of these CTF Loader Errors?
Well, I don’t think that you guys have thought about the causes of these errors. Even if you hadn’t thought about this, I’ll let you know about that. Most of the problems that you are facing seamlessly arise frequently once the system update is done, and in some cases, these errors can significantly affect the performance of your laptop or desktop. Don’t be panic, as this is entirely expected since some of the Windows update files are known to have a conflict with the CTF Loader.
We just came across the first major cause of the CTF loader issues, now let us go through the second major cause of the CTF Loader issues that are errors in the inputs or language packs. For example, if you guys try to change the Windows display language in your PC. Here you guys may receive the warning that a language pack is not available (this will depend upon the language that you are selecting)
Is CTF Loader (ctfmon.exe) a Virus?
We have already answered this question above, but we will make it much clearer. Since a lot of people think that the CTF Loader is a suspected virus or malware which has been installed on their Windows PC. Well, that is not true. The CTF Loader ( that is also known as ctfmon.exe ) is not a Virus or Malware. As we said above, this is just a Windows Legitimate service that starts up automatically at boot and will be up and also will run until you guys decide to close the app which uses this process in order to work correctly. So, do note that there is no need for you guys to worry about the CTF Loader since it is almost harmless to your Windows PC.
Now, there are also times when this process does cause some errors and issues on your Windows running PC. Some of the most popular ones are as follows:
- ctfmon.exe (CTF Loader) crashes.
- CTF Loader has encountered a problem…. Sorry for the Inconvenience.
- Slowing down of PC.
If you are someone who is facing any issue related to the CTF loader constantly on your Windows 10 running laptop or desktop, then we will help you out in fixing those annoying errors or issues which you have been facing till. So, let us now take a look at How to Fix the CTF Loader / ctfmon.exe Errors on Windows PC.
How to Fix the CTF Loader (ctfmon.exe) Errors that you are facing in your Windows 10 running PC!
Well, there are a hell lot of methods for solving this issue, and here are the methods which you can use in order to fix the CTF Loader related issues on your Windows running PC. Please do make sure that you guys will follow all the steps carefully, in order to make these methods work properly on your PC. So guys, with this point on your mind, let us now take a look at our very first method to fix this CTF Loader (ctfmon.exe) related errors on your Windows 10 running PC.
Method 1: Disabling the CTFMON.EXE (CTF Loader)
By this time, we are sure that you guys got an idea about the CTF loader. Well if someone asks that, can he or she disable it that, of course, you can do it. Since the CTFMON.EXE ( aKa CTF Loader) is a non-essential process of the Windows 10 running PC, you can actually disable it on your Windows PC. By doing so, it will fix your CTF Loader related errors. Here are the steps by which you guys should follow in order to do it so:
- As a basic step for this process, you guys need to press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run Command Window.
- Once it pop-ups now, you guys need to type services.msc in the “Run window” and after this click on the Enter key on your keyboard.
- As you know the ‘Services” window will pop-up, and here in the services window, you guys actually need to find the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and then right-click on the same.
- From here, you guys should choose the Properties option from the context menu.
- Once you guys reach here, now change the startup type to Disabled and after this click on the Stop button.
- When you finish this too, now click on the OK button and please restart your Windows PC in order to make changes take place effectively.
Please do Note:
Please use this solution if all other solutions don’t work. We don’t actually recommend disabling the CTF Loader as it may cause an issue in certain processes in Microsoft Office, and it will cause them to malfunction. This is because by shutting down this framework effectively stops the process of CTFMon.exe that normally controls all the functions that are independently dependent on it. If you encounter any problems after disabling this, just enable this service by following the same steps which we have mentioned.
Method 2; You can use Task Scheduler to control the working of CTF Loader!
Some of you guys may do not want to disable any of the services or if the previous solution has caused any kind of error or inconvenience for you as we said above. Then, you guys can use the task scheduler which can be used to control the working of the ctfmon.exe file. For this, you just need to follow the below-given steps, and you can successfully implement the method.
- The first step: As a very first step, just simultaneously press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run box.
- Step 2: From the dialogue box that appears as soon as you press, type “taskschd.msc”, and then hit on the Enter button.
- Third Step: Now, from the left pane, double click on the Task Scheduler Library.
- Step 4: After this, now double click on Microsoft which you can see in the left pane.
- Fourth Step: Afterwards, from the left pane, double click on Windows
- Step 6: Now, select TextServicesFramework from the left pane itself.
- The Final Step: At last, right-click on MsCtfMonitor and select Disable.
Method 3: Check for Update on your Windows 10 running PC
There are several times whereby the main cause of an issue on your PC will be the version of Windows that you are using. This also can be a cause for errors such as the ctfmon.exe CTF Loader related errors on your Windows 10 running PC. So for this sole reason is why we are suggesting checking for Windows updates in a regular manner. Some of the users may don’t know how to update their PC. For those guys, here are the steps which you guys can use in order to update your Windows 10 PC:
- As the First step for this, you guys need to press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard to open the Settings app. Further, you can also open the Settings app by visiting the start menu.
- Once the Settings app popups, click on the Update & Security option.
- After this, now you guys need to click on the Check for Updates button.
- And download & update your Windows PC to the latest version to check if that solves your issue.
Don’t worry if this also doesn’t be a solution for the CTF Loader related errors on Windows 10 running PC. We have several solutions for you guys, and we are sure that one of them will work for you.
Method 4: Deleting the ctfmon.exe Files
If you are always bothered by the CTF Loader problems, you can choose to delete all the ctfmon.exe files to fix it. Please do keep in mind that if you are someone who use the handwriting or voice recognition software it may be negatively impacted. Here are the steps for which you need to follow in order to delete the ctfmon.exe files from your Windows 10 PC:
- First of all, for this you guys need to open the Windows File Explorer on your PC.
- After this, navigate to the following directory (Choose the correct one):
C:WindowsSysWOW64 (For 64-bit systems)
C:WindowsSystem32 (For 32-bit systems)
- Once you reach here, select all the ctfmon.exe files here and delete them from your Windows PC by holding Shift + Delete.
- After this, just simply restart your Windows PC in order to make changes take place.
- That’s it! You have successfully finished fixing the CTF Loader error on your Windows 10 running PC.
Method 5; Restore Your PC
This is the another way by which you can solve the primary cause of the loader hitch i.e. by performing a complete System Restore. At the end, this will take your PC back to a point where the CTF Loader was working perfectly.
- For this, first go to the taskbar & find the search box and type “control panel”, and click on Enter button.
- Now a list of results shows up, from this Select “Control Panel”.
- After this, now type recovery (In the Control Panel ’s search box).
- Click on the Recovery, and then select the Open System Restore option.
- Now, click on Next in the next Restore system files and in the settings dialog box.
- Select on the latest restore point that worked or click on the Show more restore points checkbox to access the additional restore points which are available.
- Now click on the Scan option for checking the affected programs.
- Select Close, and then click on Next and it will finally finish once the process is completed.
Method 6: Scan your Computer for Malware
Even if the methods mentioned above works or not, you can do this step. In all the cases, it is advised that to perform a complete system check just to be on the safer side. However, this might consume a few hours, but it would be beneficial at the end. That is, the result would be worth the wait.
So, to perform a system scan, first, download any antivirus or malware detection tool available on the internet. Once it is downloaded, run it and perform a complete scan to get rid of any kind of malware. Or if you guys don’t wish to install a third party antivirus, use the default Windows Defender for scanning.
So guys, this is our article on What is CTF Loader or ctfmon.exe and How to Fix the CTF Loader Errors. We hope that you found this post very useful. Let us know your thoughts, and suggestions on this in the comments section shown below.