When it comes to the free-to-play MMO games, the World of Tanks Blitz is one of them. The game was launched back in 2014 and based on tank battles. It’s developed and published by Wargaming & available for Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS, Macintosh platforms. But the game performance and stability aren’t up to the mark in recent times. It seems that more and more PC players are encountering plenty of issues. If you’re also one of them, check the troubleshooting guide on how to fix World of Tanks Blitz Crashing at Startup, Won’t Launch, or FPS drops.
Here we’ve shared some of the possible workarounds that you should try on your PC in order to fix the issue. Meanwhile, it’s also worth mentioning that the game issues mostly occurs while trying to launch it. Plenty of affected players have started reporting about the crashing or lagging related issues on their PC. Therefore, you will need to follow some of the commonly used steps that will definitely gonna help you out. Now, before heading over to the steps below, make sure that the Windows OS and graphics drivers are updated to its latest version.
- Why Does World of Tanks Blitz Keep Crashing?
- Minimum System Requirements:
- World of Tanks Blitz Crashing at Startup, Won’t Launch, or FPS drops: How to Fix
Why Does World of Tanks Blitz Keep Crashing?
The particular issue can happen due to multiple reasons like:
- PC configuration isn’t compatible with game requirements.
- An outdated Windows OS or graphics driver version.
- Issues with DirectX version.
- Missing or corrupted game files.
- Firewall or Antivirus program is blocking the game.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1, 10
- Processor: 2 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 11 compliant video card with 256 MB RAM
- Storage: 3 GB available space
World of Tanks Blitz Crashing at Startup, Won’t Launch, or FPS drops: How to Fix
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the steps below. Keep in mind that both the Nvidia and AMD graphics drivers are well optimized for the World of Tanks Blitz game. So, if in case, you haven’t updated your graphics driver yet, do this first.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
If you’re using the Nvidia graphics card then update the GeForce Experience app on your PC from the Nvidia official site here. But if you’re using the AMD graphics card on your system, then update the latest AMD Drivers from here.
2. Disable Steam Overlay
- Open Steam on your Windows.
- Head over to the Settings > Click on the In-Game option.
- Click on the checkbox to disable “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game“.
- Once the checkbox mark is removed, click on OK.
3. Adjust Discord Settings
- Launch Discord > Click on User Settings.
- Select Voice & Video from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the Advanced.
- Next, disable OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco System, Inc.
- Then disable Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority.
- Now, go to Overlay.
- You can also turn off the in-game overlay.
- Next, head over to Appearance.
- Go to Advanced.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration.
- Once done, restart the system.
4. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- Click on Adjust image settings with preview under 3D settings.
- Select Use the advanced 3D image settings.
- Next, launch the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click on Manage 3D settings > Go to Global Settings.
- Additionally, you can also adjust some of the other options:
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Enable Threaded Optimization
- Use Maximum Performance for Power Management
- Turn off Low Latency Mode
- Set Texture Filtering Quality to Performance mode
5. Change AMD Control Panel Settings
- Go to Global Graphics.
- Turn off Radeon Anti-Lag
- Turn off Radeon Boost
- Use Application settings for Anti-Aliasing Mode
- Set Anti-aliasing Method to Multi-sampling
- Turn off Morphological Filtering
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Turn off Anisotropic Filtering
- Use Performance mode for Texture Filtering Quality
- You can also enable Surface Format Optimization
- AMD Optimization for the Tesselation Mode
- Wait for V-sync – Turn it off
- Use AMD optimization for the Shader Cache
- Disable OpenGL Triple Buffering
- Turn off Maximum Tesselation Level
- Set Graphics for the GPU Workload
- Turn off the Radeon Chill
- Disable Frame Rate Target Control
6. Verify Game Files via Steam Client
The World of Tanks Blitz gamers on Steam can follow the below steps:
- Open the Steam Library by logging into the account.
- You can find the World of Tanks Blitz game here.
- Right-click on the game and click on Properties
- Select the Local Files tab
- Then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Wait for the process and then restart the game to check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
7. Uninstall Recent Windows 10 Update
A couple of days ago, Microsoft has released a new update for Windows 10 with KB4535996. So, this particular cumulative update for Windows 10 is quite buggy and causing so many errors or problems.
- Go to Start menu > Click on Settings
- Next, go to Update and Security
- Click on View update history
- Now, if you can see that there is an update having KB4535996 has been already installed. Make sure to uninstall it.
- Here you will see Uninstall updates option on the top of the page.
- Click on it and select the mentioned cumulative update version.
- Right-click on it > Select Uninstall.
- It may take some time to delete that update and your system may restart automatically.
- Have some patience and you can also manually reboot your Windows PC (if required).
8. Remove Temporary Files
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the RUN program.
- Now, type %temp% and press enter
- You will get a bunch of temporary files on a page.
- Select all files by pressing Ctrl + A on the keyboard.
Next, press Shift + Delete on the keyboard to remove all the files.
- Some times some of the temporary files can’t be deleted. So, leave them as it is and close it.
9. Set Default CPU and Graphics Speed
As most of the users always want to use ultra-high performance from the CPU and GPU from the very first day. So, most of the users either buy an overclocked version or manually increased the overclocking speed. So, if you’ve also overclocked your GPU speed and after doing that you’re experiencing bottleneck or lagging or crashing related issues, just set it to default mode.
You can also use the MSI Afterburner tool or Zotac firestorm application in order to lower the clocking speed. Once done, you can run the World of Tanks Blitz game and check if the problem is fixed or not.
That’s it. We hope this guide was useful to you. You can comment below for any queries.