Wscadminui.exe is a type of Win32 EXE file used in the Microsoft Windows Operating System. It was first developed in 2015 for Windows 10. The Wscadminui.exe is a very beneficial file as it is a part of the Windows 10 installer package.
Wscadminui.exe is necessary for the Windows Security Center. But it has been causing some errors recently. The Runtime error is one of the most common errors caused by the Wscadminui.exe, which affects Microsoft Office Access 2010. Wscadminui.exe also causes the Windows failed to start error, wscadminui.exe – Bad Image error, wscadminui.exe Application Error, etc. If you are one of the Windows 10 users who are facing any error due to the Wscadminui.exe, continue reading this article to learn about different solutions for the wscadminui.exe issues.
- Why is the wscadminui.exe causing different errors in your Windows 10 computer?
- Methods to Fix the Wscadminui.exe:
- Method 1: Malware Infection
- Method 2: Run the DISM Tool
- Method 3: Update your Windows
- If your computer has some pending updates, then download and uninstall the updates.
- Method 4: Stop the wscadminui.exe temporarily
- Method 5: Uninstall suspicious applications
- Method 6: Perform System Restore
- Method 7: Clean Installation of Windows
Why is the wscadminui.exe causing different errors in your Windows 10 computer?
Sometimes the Windows 10 users delete the EXE files by mistake. And in case, you unknowingly deleted the wscadminui.exe file, then that is going to cause errors in your computer. Another most common reason is incomplete Windows installation. The error is also caused by the corruption that takes place while downloading installation files for Windows 10. Lastly, if your computer has malware infection that can delete the necessary components of the system files, which is going to produce different errors on your computer. If you are confused about how to deal with these problems, then don’t worry. We are going to discuss various methods by using which you will be able to fix the wscadminui.exe.
Methods to Fix the Wscadminui.exe:
Method 1: Malware Infection
If your computer has a virus issue, then that can lead to missing specific system files. To save your computer for potential malware infection, follow these steps, and run the System File Checker (SFC) utility on your Windows 10 computer.
- Press Windows key +R.
- Type “cmd” and press OK.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt to run the Command Prompt as an admin.
- When the UAC prompt appears, click “Yes”.
- Open the black Command Prompt window and run the command line given below
- Press Enter and let the scan begin.
- If the scan finds some issue, the scan will fix it.
- Restart your computer after the scan is complete.
Method 2: Run the DISM Tool
DISM or Deployment Image Servicing and Management is a built-in utility that can repair all Windows components. To run the DISM scan, follow these steps.
- Press Windows key +R.
- To open the Command Prompt Window, type “cmd” and press OK.
- Press Shift+Ctrl+Enter and open the Command Prompt as admin.
- When prompted, press Yes.
- Now, type these command lines given below and make sure that you press Enter after each command line.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image
DISM.exe /Online /Restorehealth
- After the DISM scan is complete, reboot your PC.
Method 3: Update your Windows
When you update your Windows that can clear many issues present in the previous version. Follow these steps to run a Windows Update.
- Go to the Start
- Open the Settings
- Choose the Update & Security option
- Click on the Check for updates option
If your computer has some pending updates, then download and uninstall the updates.
Method 4: Stop the wscadminui.exe temporarily
If the error happens again, you can go to the Task Manager and stop the wscadminui.exe service for some time. Follow these steps and temporarily block the wscadminui.exe service.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del buttons and open the Windows Task Manager.
- Open the Details tab
- Here, you can find all the ongoing services.
- Find the exe file and right-click on it.
- Then, click on the End Task option
Method 5: Uninstall suspicious applications
Some programs may create conflict with the wscadminui.exe. To solve this issue, you can uninstall all the suspicious unnecessary applications on your computer.
- Press Windows key +I.
- Choose the Apps & Features option from the Control Panel.
- Then, choose the applications that seem suspicious and unnecessary at that moment.
- Click on those applications and select the Uninstall button
- When a UAC prompt appears, click Yes.
- After the uninstalling process is complete, check for the error.
Method 6: Perform System Restore
The system restore utility provides you with a chance to restore your computer to a point before the error happened. The procedure will eliminate recently downloaded files and installed applications. Follow these steps to restore your system.
- Go to the Start
- Search for the Control Panel.
- You have to type “Recovery” in the Control Panel’s search bar.
- Choose the Open System Restore option
- Click “Next”.
- You have to choose the recently installed items like latest Drivers and applications.
- Then, click on the Scan for affected programs option.
- You can also shift the restore point to an older point.
- After the system restore is complete, reboot your PC.
Method 7: Clean Installation of Windows
If none of the above-mentioned methods worked for your computer, you could opt to perform a clean installation of Windows. The process will get rid of all the corrupted or junk files present on your system. Before you begin the process, keep it in mind to save your valuable data in an external device like a USB. Start with the Clean Installation process and give your Windows 10 computer a fresh start.
Even if the error flashes that the wscadminui.exe is the culprit, you shouldn’t uninstall this file. It is a necessary part of your system’s security system. That’s why you need to follow other methods to fix the issues associated with the wscadminui.exe file.
We have provided you with all the information that you needed to deal with wscadminui.exe errors. Try the methods one by one. We hope this article was helpful. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.