Visual Concepts and 2K Sports have done a great job by releasing WWE 2K22 as a redesigned professional wrestling sports multiplayer simulation video game in March 2022. As a 22nd installment of the WWE lineup and the successor to 2019’s WWE 2K20, the game has achieved so many positive responses among players. But some of the WWE 2K22 PC version players are encountering the White, Blue, and Green Screen Problem that you may also face.
As you’re reading this article, we’re assuming that you’re also facing this same issue on the PC either during the gameplay sessions or during the cutscene scenarios. According to several online reports, the chances are high that the white and black screen issue might be appearing due to some issues with the installed game files or even the graphics driver. Whereas the green screen and blue screen issues may become serious enough to ruin your gaming.
Fix: WWE 2K22 White, Blue, and Green Screen Problem
Well, this kind of graphical issue can happen automatically at any time that should be fixed by the developers soon. However, we may have to try a couple of possible workarounds manually to fix this problem until developers come up with a proper solution for it. Sometimes a buggy patch update release can also cause such white, blue, green, or black screen issues on several PC games. Now, without further ado, let’s get into the steps below.
1. Lower In-Game Graphics Settings
The first thing you should do is simply lower the in-game graphics settings under the game settings menu to check if the problem has been fixed or not.
- Launch the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on WWE 2K22 then click on Play.
- Head over to the in-game Graphics Settings menu.
- Set the graphics settings to low such as anti-aliasing, FPS count, shadow effects, etc. You can also try lowering the display resolution to check for the issue.
2. Update Graphics Driver
Sometimes the PC games don’t show any display but the background music can appear during the gameplay due to an outdated or missing graphics driver on the system. It’s recommended to update the graphics driver on the PC by following the steps below.
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Start Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the active graphics card.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download & install the latest version.
- Once done, the system will reboot automatically. Otherwise, you can manually restart the system to apply changes.
Alternatively, you can head over to the provided link below as per your graphics card manufacturer to find out the specific graphics driver for the model. Just make sure to download the latest graphics driver and install it on the PC like usually we do. Once done, you should reboot the system.
3. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes issues with the installed game files on the PC such as missing or corrupted game files may trigger multiple conflicts while running. It’s needless to say that you can use your Steam client to automatically verify and repair game files (if any). To do that:
- Launch the Steam desktop client > Go to Library.
- Right-click on WWE 2K22 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files > Wait for the repairing process to complete.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes, and check for the issue again.
4. Disable Fullscreen Optimization
The chances are high that disabling the fullscreen optimization option of your game executable file should work for some users. You should check for the same.
- Open the Steam launcher > Click on Library.
- Right-click on WWE 2K22 > Click on Manage.
- Select Browse local files > Go to WWE 2K22 installed location.
- Now, right-click on WWE2K22.exe > Select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab > Click on the Disable fullscreen optimizations checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
5. Reinstall Microsoft Visual Studio
Some WWE 2K22 players are reporting that reinstalling the Microsoft Visual Studio program on the Windows PC may fix the black or green or white or blue screen issue completely. Microsoft Visual Studio is related to the Microsoft .NET or Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables which is useful for the Windows system to run necessary programs in the background.
6. Disable Windows Firewall
It’s highly recommended to disable the Windows Firewall program on your PC and then check for the issue again.
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Restart the computer to change effects immediately.
7. Tun OFF Overclocking
You should manually disable the CPU/GPU overclocking option using the overclocking software because a bottleneck issue can bring crashes and a black or blue screen. You can use any of the overclocking software such as MSI Afterburner, Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, AMD Ryzen Master, AMD Overdrive, CPU Tweaker, EVGA Precision X, or RivaTuner.
8. Update WWE 2K22
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to update the WWE 2K22 game on the system to ensure there is no issue with the stability or bugs. To do that:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on WWE 2K22 from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.