Visual Concepts and 2K recently launched WWE 2K23 in March 2023 which is the latest professional wrestling sports simulation video game. It’s the 10th instalment of the WWE 2K series and the successor to WWE 2K22. Players can jump into the additional features, stunning visuals, deep roster of WWE Superstars and Legends, etc. However, it seems that the WWE 2K23 Unable to Communicate with the Server issue becomes quite common these days.
Just like others, if you’re also unable to enjoy online play in WWE 2K23, there might be several possible reasons applicable. WWE 2K23 usually allows up to eight players in the online multiplayer mode and up to four players in the co-op gameplay mode. Whereas gaming console users might require an additional subscription for online gameplay like Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate for Xbox users and PlayStation Plus for PlayStation users. While PC users can access online play without any extra cost.
- Fix WWE 2K23 Unable to Communicate with the Server
- 1. Restart the WWE 2K23 Game
- 2. Reboot the PC
- 3. Cross-Check the Internet Connection
- 4. Run WWE 2K23 as an administrator
- 5. Update the Networking Drivers
- 6. Check the WWE 2K23 Server Status
- 7. Disable Windows Firewall and Antivirus
- 8. Update WWE 2K23
- 9. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 10. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
Fix WWE 2K23 Unable to Communicate with the Server
If you’re unable to access online gameplay even after having a valid subscription plan, this guide will help you fix the server communication issue. Some players have reported that rebooting the game and rebooting the PC did fix the issue in multiple scenarios. However, not everyone will be fortunate enough to fix such an issue. Luckily, here we’ve shared with you a couple of possible workarounds that should come in handy. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the WWE 2K23 Game
First of all, you should try rebooting the WWE 2K23 game to cross-check whether it’s running fine or not. Sometimes a normal restart of the game might help in fixing the server connectivity issue.
2. Reboot the PC
You should reboot the computer manually to ensure there is no issue with the temporary glitches or cache data whatsoever. Just open the Start menu and then click on the Power menu icon > Click on Restart and wait for the system to boot up again. Now, you should be able to fix the server connectivity issue.
3. Cross-Check the Internet Connection
The chances are quite high that somehow your internet connection becomes slow or unstable enough which is troubling you a lot. Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then make sure to switch to the wired or wireless connection and contact the internet service provider to get it fixed. Sometimes upgrading to a higher data plan or changing the IP address might help you with connecting to online services.
4. Run WWE 2K23 as an administrator
Make sure to run the game application file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. You should also run the Steam client as an administrator on your PC. To do this:
- Right-click on the WWE 2K23 application on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to select it.
- Now, click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
5. Update the Networking Drivers
An outdated networking driver on the computer can also cause several issues with the online server connectivity. It’s better to check for the networking driver update on the PC and install the same by following the steps below.
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Network Adapters.
- Right-click on the networking device > Select Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change the effects.
6. Check the WWE 2K23 Server Status
Another thing you can do is check whether the WWE 2K Server Status is operational enough and running fine or not. Sometimes issues with the server connectivity or downtime may encounter multiple conflicts with the server connectivity at the player’s end. You should also visit the third-party DownDetector 2K Status webpage to cross-check the real-time server outage reports, last 24 hours report, live outage map, etc. At the time of writing this article, we can see that there is a huge server downtime present with the server connectivity issue.
If you’re also seeing server outages or operational issues then make sure to wait for a couple of hours and try playing the WWE 2K23 game again. You can also follow the official @WWEgames Twitter page for official updates and reports. If there is no issue with the WWE 2K23 servers then you can jump to the next method.
7. Disable Windows Firewall and Antivirus
We’ll also recommend you disable the Windows Firewall protection on the PC temporarily to cross-check if the server connectivity issue is still bothering you or not. Windows Firewall basically prevents unauthorized ongoing connections from the PC which might also affect multiplayer gaming in most scenarios.
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer, and check for the issue again.
8. Update WWE 2K23
It’s also suggested to check for the game updates manually at your end respective to your gaming platform to ensure there is no issue with the game launching whatsoever. An outdated game patch version might trigger multiple issues or conflicts with the server connectivity too. So, if you haven’t updated the game for a while, make sure to follow the steps below to do so.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on WWE 2K23 from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait for the update to complete and then reboot the PC.
9. Verify and Repair Game Files
If in case, your WWE 2K23 game isn’t launching or connecting to the server online properly then it might be happening due to the corrupted or missing game files on the PC. It’s always recommended to verify and repair the installed game files once a month or even while you’re in a trouble to ensure the integrity of the game files. Steam automatically checks for the same and repairs them.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on WWE 2K23 from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for this process to complete and reboot the PC to apply changes.
10. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
Last but not the least, you should try performing the power cycle method on your Wi-Fi router by following the steps below. Temporary networking glitches on the Wi-Fi router might trouble you a lot. It’s always better to power cycle the networking device to refresh the networking conflicts.
- Just Power Off the Wi-Fi router completely.
- Now, unplug the power cable from the power source.
- Then unplug the cable from the router.
- Wait for around a couple of minutes then plug back the power cable in.
- Finally, power on the router, and try connecting to the game server again.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.