Xiaomi has grown to be one of the biggest companies in the world right now. Majorly dealing in electronics, Xiaomi has products in almost every category. One of the most popular product offerings from them is value-for-money smart TVs. Smart TVs take the experience of television to a different level, and for the price that Xiaomi Smart TVs sell for in terms of specs and features, not many companies can match that.
But what good is a smart TV that does not have apps showing up on the app screen? That is what has troubled some Xiaomi Smart TV users in recent times. If you are one of those users, this article will help you. Here, we have listed some standard solutions you can try from your end to resolve the apps not showing on Xiaomi smart TV issue. So without any further ado, let’s get into it.
How to fix Xiaomi Mi TV Not Showing Installed Apps?
The problem is a software issue on your TV, and trying out some simple solutions should resolve the issue for you.
Restart your TV:
As simple as it may sound, sometimes all your device needs is a simple restart. A much better approach would be to power cycle the TV. Just remove the power cable from the power source and wait for a few minutes with the TV completely turned off.
After this, plug in the cable and turn on your TV again. Try the next solution if the installed apps still do not show up.
Reinstall the apps:
You can try this solution if only a few selective apps are not showing up. You need to uninstall these troubled apps and then reinstall them on your TV. There is a possibility that the installed apps had some inconsistency during installation, and that is why you are having trouble now. But a reinstall will take care of that.
- Press the menu button on your remote.
- Select settings on the next page.
- Next, go to apps and find the troubled apps. Once you find them, select them one after the other and every time, select the uninstall option to uninstall the apps.
- To install these apps again, go to the home screen on your Xiaomi TV and navigate to Apps.
- Find Google Play and click on it to open it.
- Type the name of the app you are looking for here.
- Choose the app on the result and download it.
- Once it is complete, it will show up on your home screen.
If the reinstallation also did not solve the apps not showing up issue, try the next solution.
Update the TV:
If none of the solutions mentioned above worked for you, then there is a chance you are facing this issue due to some bug. And bugs on any system are addressed by the developer’s team via OTA updates. So if any update is pending on your smart TV, you need to install it immediately. The new build will fix your bugs and also bring in new features with it.
- Ensure that your TV is connected to an active internet connection.
- Navigate to Settings > System.
- Choose Software Update and click on Update Now next to the update on your screen.
- The pending update for your TV will be downloaded and installed automatically. Do not turn off your TV during this process, and ensure there is no power failure for your TV until the installation is complete.
Try the next solution if updating the TV does not solve your problem.
Factory reset your TV:
A factory reset would be another option if the simple solutions mentioned above did not work for you. Factory reset will reset all your saved data on your TV, and it will be like you just repurchased the TV. So you will have to go through setting up the TV again. But a factory reset can fix most software issues. So with your apps not showing the problem, you should certainly give this a try as well.
- Go to the Mi TV home screen.
- Open up Settings.
- Go to General Settings.
- Click on Factory Reset and select Reset.
- Your TV will restart on its own after the reset is complete. You don’t need to do anything.
- After the device starts up again, log in to your Google account again.
Now install the apps of your choice and check whether they appear on your home screen. If the problem persists, try the next solution.
If none of the solutions mentioned above worked for you, the only option you have left is to contact Xiaomi support. You can connect with them via mail or call, and they will provide you with an apt solution for your problem. If required, you might also need to take the TV to the nearest Xiaomi service center.
So these are all the solutions to fix Xiaomi Mi TV not showing installed apps. If you have any questions or queries about this article, comment below, and we will get back to you. Also, check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more helpful information.