Oppo Reno Ace is one of the flagship smartphones from Oppo that was launched in October 2019. It came with Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 out-of-the-box. Meanwhile, the company has already announced ColorOS 7 version officially a couple of months ago based on Android 10. Now, the interested beta testers can apply for the third batch of early adopters program. Oppo Reno Ace Android 10 Update with ColorOS 7 early beta recruitment process will start from March 7. Now, there is good news for all the Oppo Reno Ace users as the company has started pushing Android 10 with ColorOS 7 stable update.
It packs all the native Android 10 features including some of the dedicated features or customizations. The company has released the third batch of early adopters that you can apply. So, if you want to taste out the third batch of ColorOS 7 update, you will need to follow the steps below to apply. As this is the limited third batch early adopters recruitment, only 20,000 people will be eligible to receive the beta update.
ColorOS 7: Overview
- Redesigned UI
- New icons pack with a custom shape, size
- Breeno Smart Voice Assistant
- Improved RAM management
- New sound effects
- Portrait Mode 2.0
- Soloop video editor
- Improved visual design and UI elements
- ART+ Wallpapers
- Dark Theme
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 (aka Android Q) was launched in September 2019 by Google which is the successor of the Android 9.0 Pie. It basically offers a bunch of new features and privacy improvements than its predecessor. Google has ditched the official alphabetical naming series for Android 10 this time which will be good enough for developers and users to remember the name of Android versions.
The Android 10 features Gestures Navigation control, System-wide Dark Mode, Wi-Fi & QR Code scanning, app sharing menu, improved app permissions, enhanced location privacy control, easy security updates, focus mode, live caption, family link, sound amplifier, better notification control, and more. It also offers 5G support, foldable support, improved lock screen, smart reply, etc.
Oppo Reno Ace Android 10 Update Status
Updated on April 09, 2020: All the Oppo Reno Ace model users should start rejoicing as the company has started pushing the official ColorOS 7 stable update based on Android 10 for the Oppo Reno Ace, Ace Gundam Edition variants. Keep in mind that a broader OTA update roll-out process may take a longer time than expected due to the carrier and region server. So, you may have to wait for the OTA update notification.
All the Reno Ace model devices should run on software version C.22 to receive the update. As the software version C.22 is the latest one, if your device is already updated to the mentioned version or higher, then you don’t need to apply for the qualification repeatedly. Meanwhile, the interested users can manually check for the OTA update via the device Settings > About Phone > System Updates. If available, just download and install the update.
Now, if you want to know that which features or changes are included in this update, then check out the update changelog below:
Changelog: Oppo Reno Ace Series ColorOS 7
- New borderless design, new upgrade, more shocking visual, more efficient operation, more natural experience
- Added OPPO Sans default font, overall concise and elegant, full of technological beauty
- Added Breeno instructions, allowing you to complete daily tasks faster with fewer steps, and create personalized shortcut instructions
- Add Breeno voice, photo search function, voice search based on photo time, location, people, etc.
- Added Breeno voice, camera wake-up, voice switchable camera mode
- Added Breeno voice, open and close dark mode, query steps, open Breeno screen and other voice commands
- New Breeno suggestion, low battery reminder, automatically detect nearby charging treasure merchants when low battery
- Add Breeno sleep mode, enter dark mode at night, and turn on do not disturb
- New Breeno screen, meeting schedule information recognition, can add schedule with one click
- Optimized Breeno scan, independent code scanning and object recognition, easy to evoke
- New Breeno driving, can quickly open the phone, music, WeChat and a recently used application
- New Breeno quick view, news information module
- Optimize visual interaction and enhance one-handed operation experience
- Optimized the smart sidebar, replaced the file desk with file management, and removed three quick tools: Breeno voice, super clear visual effects, and notifications
- New shortcut tool for notes
- Added support for drag and drop applications to achieve fast split screen
- Added “buoy transparency” and “buoy full screen hide” setting items
- Optimize the range of floating window mode, more applications support the opening of floating window
- Added floating window bubble function, support rapid expansion/folding floating window
- Optimized three-finger screenshot, long press and slide with three fingers to select screenshot area; long press and slide to drag out the screen to quickly take a long screenshot
- New screenshot setting, you can adjust the position of preview floating window, set prompt sound, etc.
- Optimize screenshot preview floating window, pull down to share, pull up floating window for long screenshot
“Navigation Gesture 3.0”
- Added swipe inward from both sides of the screen and stay to switch to the previous application
- Optimize all gestures to support landscape scenes
- Added flashback button, support desktop display of important information of navigation, taxi, game, one key to quickly return to the application
- Add dark color mode, power-saving, and eye protection
- Added focus mode to help shield the outside world from interruptions when working or studying
- Added new charging animation style
- Optimized control center interaction, more friendly one-handed operation experience
- Added screen recording pause function
- Added screen recording floating window and recording settings
- Added 360 cleanup engine
- Added global theme, the theme adds more playability
- Added global delete sound effect, calculator button sound, compass pointing sound feedback
- Optimize the built-in ringtone resources
- Added barrier-free TalkBack suspension prompt
- Add barrier-free color mode to improve the experience of visually impaired users
- Added the latest task management page, including memory information switch and application lock management for recent task display
- Optimize visual interaction in game space
- Optimize the startup animation of the game space
- Optimize the interaction and outgoing mode of game assistants, and add game console connection entrance
- Added new interactive live wallpaper
- Add Art + Static Wallpaper
- Add a new desktop sliding setting item, you can customize to open the global search or notification center
- New desktop icon customization, you can customize the icon size, shape, style
- Optimize the unlocking process, switch to unlock mode
- Optimized password unlock visual, more convenient to unlock with one hand
- Added lock screen support for live wallpapers
- Optimize the style of the breath screen clock, more personalized choices
- New desktop simple mode, larger font icons, more concise and clear
- Add password book function, automatically fill in the password, realize one-key login
- Added the use time of the remote guard application, you can view the application status of the bound mobile phone in the past 7 days
- New remote guardian deactivation period, you can set the deactivation period of the bound mobile phone
- Add a new remote guard application to set a time limit, you can set the duration of binding mobile application, limit the number of games in some games
- Added one-key navigation of remote guard, one-key navigation to the location of the bound mobile phone
- Added SOS emergency contact smart customer service for help. When the emergency contact does not answer the call, the smart customer service will help continue to call the emergency contact
- Add a random MAC address to connect to WiFi, block targeted advertising, protect privacy, and make information more secure
- Added icon prompt in the status bar when using sensitive permissions, you can view the details of the specific called application, to prevent personal privacy disclosure
- Add permission usage record, you can view the history of application calling permissions
- Added the palace mode for sticky notes
- Newly added background settings for notes, providing 6 colors and 4 skin backgrounds
- New reminder function for note time, can set reminder time for memo items
- Added the function of deleting and retrieving sticky notes. The deleted sticky notes will be kept in the recently deleted folder for 30 days.
- Add calculator small window mode, support quick start through control center and smart sidebar
- New recording cutting function, which can cut the existing recording to obtain important clips
- Newly added calendar supports custom setting schedule repetition period
- Added alarm clock dynamic weather ringtone, matching different ringtones according to the weather of the day
- New weather animation effect, showing different motion effects according to different weather
- New file management Add OPPO cloud disk entry, can access OPPO cloud content
- Optimize camera interaction and enhance operating experience
- Optimized photo countdown interaction and prompt sound
- Optimize the interaction of album atlas, the level is clearer, and it is more convenient to find pictures
- New album recommendation, support more than 80 types of scene recognition
- Added OPPO intercommunication to support intercommunication with Vivo and Xiaomi devices
- Optimize the phone book vision to bring a more concise and efficient experience
- Add a quick setting page for unfamiliar number calls, add a contact with one key, add a mark or join a blacklist
- Add a deactivation period, customize the deactivation period, effectively manage the time of mobile phone use
- New application setting time limit, you can set the duration of the application, limit the number of games in some games, to prevent apps and games from indulging
- Optimized setting search function, support fuzzy search and search record display
- Add Soloop to record, understand your video intelligent creation tool
- Add health, monitor sports health data, provide health services
The Oppo Reno Ace and Oppo Reno Ace Gundam Edition users will be applicable to apply and receive the ColorOS 7 early beta update. In order to provide a quality software update with stability or a better optimization, the OTA update will be rolled out in a gradual way. However, we will recommend you to take data backup at first as the beta version may contain bugs or stability issues.
Your handset should run on A.09 or A.10 software version to apply or receive the early adopter update. Go to the phone Settings >> Software Update >> Tap on the settings (cog) icon in the upper right corner >> Tap on Upgrade to early adopters >> Tap on ColorOS 7 to limit early adopters.
Oppo Reno Ace: Overview
The device came with a 6.5-inches AMOLED display with a 20:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, 500 nits brightness, HDR10, a 90Hz refresh rate, etc. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie, Snapdragon 855+ SoC, Adreno 640 GPU, 8GB/12GB RAM, 128GB/256GB of internal storage. It has a 4,000mAh battery with 65W fast charging support.
The device packs a 48MP (wide, f/1.7) quad rear camera setup including a 13MP (telephoto, f/2.4), an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2), a 2MP (B/W, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, AutoFocus, a dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, etc. The front packs a single 16MP pop-up selfie camera with a wide f/2.0 lens.
The handset features Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, NFC, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, etc. It also includes an optical in-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor.
Source: ColorOS Community | 2
Very good content in this post. I’ll get into carrying out a lot more of some of this. Many thanks for the knowledge.