From this post, you could download and install the latest Android 12 Beta update for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro devices. Now that Google has released the first beta build of its latest iteration of OS, many OEMs are quick to jump into this bandwagon. Going by the track record of OnePlus, it is no surprise that they have released the update for their latest flagships as well. This new OxygenOS 12 update would bring in a plethora of noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new “Material You” design is going to bring in quite a few UI changes. Likewise, there’s a new Privacy Dashboard from where you could easily manage all the app permissions. Even the Quick Settings toggles have undergone a major overhaul. And all these features could now make a permanent abode onto your device. Given here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 12 Beta update for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro devices.
Download Android 12 Beta for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
Before we start off with the instructions, there are a few prerequisites that you need to checkmark. Make sure your device qualifies all these requirements, as mentioned below:
- First and foremost, take a complete device backup. This is because updating from Stable official (MP version) or Open Beta (OBT Version) to the Developer Preview (DP version) build will erase all the data from your device.
- Likewise, do keep in mind that the current Android 12 build for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro in the Beta/Developer stage. Hence, there are bound to be few issues, so you shouldn’t use it a as daily driver.
- Your device should also have a minimum of 3GB of free storage space.
- Make sure to keep your device sufficiently charged, so that it doesn’t turn off midway during the process.
- Do keep in mind that carrier version devices such as TMO and VZW aren’t compatible with these Developer Preview builds.
You may now download the Android 12 Beta for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro devices from the below links:
- Android 12 Beta: OnePlus 9 | OnePlus 9 Pro
How to Install Android 12 Beta on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
- To begin with, transfer the downloaded beta package to your device.
- Then head over to the Settings page on your device.
- Scroll to System and tap on System Updates.
- Then tap on the gear icon situated at the top right and select Local Upgrade.
- Navigate to the downloaded Beta update file and select it.
- Now hit the Upgrade button and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the installation is complete, tap Restart. Your device will now reboot to the latest OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to download and install the latest Android 12 Beta update for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. If you still have any queries, do let us know in the comments section. Rounding off, here are iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks some that you should check out as well.