In this guide, we will show you how to fix the issue of Android TV not showing in Google Home. The Home app makes it quite easy to control the Google Nest, Google Home speakers, Chromecast, and other such devices. All that is needed is that both the device and the Home app needs to be on the same WiFi network. Once you checkmark this requirement, then all the aforementioned devices could be controlled as per your liking right from the app itself.
Apart from its pretty handy and easy to use interface, the app also holds a plethora of other functionalities. But in spite of all these goodies, some users have had an issue managing their Android TV. According to them, their Android TV is not showing up in Google Home. As a result, they aren’t able to control their TV from their smartphones. If you are also facing this issue, then this guide is here to help you out. Given here are the various methods to fix this Android TV not showing in Google Home issue.
Fix: Android TV Not Showing in Google Home
There isn’t any universal fix as such for the aforementioned issue. You will have to try out all the below-mentioned fixes in order to achieve success. Follow along for the detailed instructions.
Verify the WiFi Connection
To begin with, make sure that your internet is up and running. More importantly, verify that both the Android TV as well as Google Home are connected to the same wireless network. If both these are well and good from your end and you are still facing this issue, then move over to the next fix.
Verify Google Account
Along with the same wireless, you should also verify that both the Android TV as well as Google Home app are signed in with the same Google ID. Here’s how it could be done:
- On your Android TV, head over to Settings > Accounts & Sign-in. Check the Google Account that you are currently signed in with.
- Now on your Android smartphone, go to Settings > Google and verify that the account is the same as that on your Android TV.
- If they are not the same, and you wish to change the account, then on your smartphone, tap on your current email address and switch to a different one or use the Add another account to add a new one.
- On the other hand, to add a new account on your Android TV, head over to Settings > Accounts & Sign-in > Add Account. Enter the new account credentials and proceed with the onscreen instructions to set it up.
- See if it fixes the Android TV not showing in the Google Home issue or not.
Re-Set up Android TV in Google Home
With both the devices connected to the wireless network, you could manually setting up the Android TV inside the Google Home app as well. Here are all the required instructions for the same:
- Launch the Google Home app on your device.
- Sign in with your Google account credentials (the same account that exists on your TV).
- Tap on the plus icon situated at the top left.
- Select the Set up device option from the menu.
- Now tap on the New Device option from the list.
- Select your home address and hit Next.
It will now begin the search for the new devices and should bring up your Android TV. Select it to complete the setup. Now that you have manually added the TV to the app, check if the Android TV not showing in the Google Home issue has been fixed or not.
Update Google App (TV and Android)
Be it your Android TV or the Home, if you are using an old or outdated version of the app, then are bound to be a few issues. In this regard, we suggest you update the app to the latest build. Here are the instructions for the same:
- On your Android TV, first off you will have to uninstall the existing update and then reinstall the latest build.
- To do so, head over to Settings > Apps > See All Apps > Google and tap on the Uninstall Updates option.
- Once that is done, go to the Play Store on your TV and update the app to the latest build.
- Along the same lines, head over to the Play Store on your Android device and update the app, if available.
- Once the update is completed, check if it fixes the Android TV not showing in the Google Home issue.
Enable Location Permission
The Google Home app needs to have access to the location in order to function correctly. When setting up the app for the first time, you’ll have to grant it access to the Location. If you haven’t done it as of now, then probably now is the right time for the same.
- So head over to Settings on your device.
- Then go to Apps and Notifications followed by App Info.
- Select the Home app from the list and make sure that Location permission is enabled.
- If that is not the case, then tap on Location and select Allow.
- Along the same lines, keep the device location enabled. You could do so directly from the Notification Panel.
- When that is done, see if the Android TV not showing in the Google Home issue is fixed or not.
Clear App Data
If a lot of temporary data and cache has been accrued over time, then it might conflict with the proper functioning of the app. Along the same lines, if the stored data gets corrupted, then it could result in a few issues. So the best bet in both these cases is to delete the app data and set it up from scratch. Here’s how it could be done:
- Go to the Settings page on your device.
- Then head over to Apps and Notifications > App Info.
- Select the Home app from the list and go to its Storage and Cache section.
- Tap on Clear Storage and hit OK in the confirmation dialog box that appears.
- Once done, launch the app and set it up from scratch. Then re-add your TV as mentioned in the second fix.
- Verify it is able to fix the Android TV not showing in the Google Home issue.
Hard Reset Android TV
If none of the aforementioned methods managed to give out desirable results, then you might have to take the nuclear route. This involves performing a hard reset of your Android TV. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data on your TV, so make sure to sync in with your Google Account beforehand. When that is done, proceed with the below steps to carry out the hard reset process:
- Head over to Settings on your TV and go to Device Preferences.
- After this, select the Hard Reset option.
- Finally, hit Reset in the confirmation dialog box that appears.
- Once the reset is complete, set up the app from scratch and sign with your Google account. This should fix the underlying issue.
So with this, we conclude the guide on how to fix the Android TV not showing in the Google Home issue. We have shared seven different fixes for the same. Do let us know in the comments which one spelled out success in your case. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.