Recently, players face Apex Legends mobile black screen Issue where the screen turns black and becomes unresponsive. Apex Legends mobile developers know about this game-breaking issue, but they didn’t solve it in the latest update, and no ETA is given. Many people have reported this in the Apex Legends forum, but the developers didn’t respond.
Mobile Legends is a mobile multiplayer online battle arena game by Moonton, a subordinate of ByteDance. It has over 78 Million active players monthly. The game is about two teams with five players, each who defends their own tower and attacks others. Each game lasts about 10-minutes, and match-making takes at least 10 seconds.
Since the game is still in its early phase, these types of issues are very common and can be easily fixed. Also, the game does not support many devices yet, which might be a reason for this issue.
Apex Legends Mobile Error Code 214, How to Fix?
Fix: Apex Legends Mobile Inverted Controls/Y Axis Missing
Apex Legends Mobile Loba Guide: Loba Abilities, Perks and Tips
Apex Legends Mobile Rhapsody Guide: Rhapsody Abilities, Perks and Tips
Apex Legends Mobile Ash Guide: Ash Abilities, Perks and Tips
What is Apex Legends Hardcore LTM Royale?
Fix: Apex Legends Mobile Black Screen Issue
In this article, let’s talk about some of the fixes for the Apex Legends Mobile Black Screen issue. The fixes are pretty simple and work most of the time.
Method 1: Restart Your Device
Sometimes the black screen issue may be because of a temporary loading issue, which you can fix by restarting your device. Just quickly restart your device, and that will solve the Apex Legends Black Screen issue. If your device is not responding, then hard reboot your device.
Steps to hard reboot the Android device:
- Press the power button for 2-3 seconds
- If the device is turned off, turn it back on.
- If it doesn’t turn off, keep the power button pressed for a few more seconds.
- Launch Apex Legends mobile and check if the issue still persists.
Method 2: Update Your Game
Actually, in the latest patch(1.0. 1576.194), the error is not yet fixed, but maybe by the time you read this article, there might be a new patch released in which the glitch might have been fixed. So, always keep your game updated with the latest version. IF you have downloaded the game unofficially, i.e., not from the play store, then you can update the game by the below steps:
To update the game manually:
- Download the latest Apex Legends Mobile apk+obb from official website.
- Backup the old game account to the cloud and delete the game
- Tap on Apk and install it
- After installing, open it, and you will see No Obb found.
- Exit the game and go to file manager -> Android -> Obb -> ea.com.apex.legends.mobile
- Paste the downloaded OBB file into ea.com.apex.legends.mobile and launch the game
- Download any other additional updates and check if the issue still persists.
To update the game from the play store:
- Open play store and search for Apex Legends Mobile
- Check if there is any pending update
- If there is one, click and update and wait for it to get installed
- After the installation is done, restart your mobile.
- Launch Apex Legends and check if the issue is resolved
Method 4: Clear Cache And Data
Over the time, the game accumulates data called cached data used for advertising and saving the game’s progress. This data is sometimes corrupted for unforeseen reasons, and once cleared, the game might start working again.
Note: Before doing this, please save your progress using the cloud, as doing this will erase current game data, which means any unsaved progress will be deleted forever.
To clear cache and data of Apex Legends mobile:
- Open settings and scroll to the Apps row
- Tap on apps and search for Apex Legends Mobile
- Now, You will find clear data at the bottom right
- Tap on clear cache and clear data
- Restart your device
- Launch Apex Legends Mobile and check if the issue is resolved
Method 5: Clear Running Apps From Background
The game might be struck due to some internal glitch and can be easily solved by removing the game from the background. Removing the game from the background means just clearing the game from recent apps and freshly starting the game. Doing this will end the old session, create a new session, and resolve the Apex Legends Mobile black screen issue.
Method 6: Check For Device Support
The last reason the game might be struck with a black screen might be because your device doesn’t have the minimum system requirements for the game to run, or the game might not yet support your device. Check the minimum requirements and supported devices below.
Minimum System requirements for Apex Legends Mobile:
- Android 6.0 or later
- CPU: Snapdragon 435, Hisilicon Kirin 650, Mediatek Helio P20, or Exynos 7420
- At least 3GB Ram*
- At least 4GB of storage space
- Must be a 64-bit system
- Screen sizes: N/L/XL
*If you have a 2GB Ram device from Vivo, Oppo, Huawei, Motorola, Samsung, Lenovo, or Xiaomi, you may be able to download Apex Legends Mobile.
- iPhone 6S or later
- OS version: 11.0 or later
- CPU: A9
- At least 2GB RAM
- At least 4GB of storage space
Apex Legends Mobile Supported device:
These are some of the fixes for the Apex Legends Mobile Black Screen issue. If you have any other methods that have worked for you, please comment below. The game is still in the early phase, and it will take a few updates for the game to become stable. The black screen error is very common in Apex Legends Mobile, but you can use the above methods to solve it easily. Also, if you have any other queries about the article, feel free to comment.