Apex Legends Mobile is finally released as a strategic battle royale shooter video game for both Android and iOS platforms. The game was in beta testing the last year and Electronic Arts made it official a couple of days ago. Apex Legends Mobile becomes the most downloaded game on iOS in multiple countries which creates a record. However, plenty of players are facing the Apex Legends Mobile High Ping Usage issue while connecting it.
If you’re also facing the same issue then don’t worry because here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should gonna help a lot. For the newly released and popular video games, it’s quite common to encounter crashes or lags, or high ping issues no matter which device you’re using. The server connectivity issue or high ping usage issue even becomes more persistent when it comes to the online battle royale video game.
- Apex Legends Mobile High Ping Usage, How to Fix?
- 1. Check Apex Legends Server Status
- 2. Check your Internet Connection
- 3. Update Apex Legends
- 4. Clear Apex Legends Mobile Cache and Storage Data
- 5. Force Stop and Re-open Apex Legends Mobile
- 6. Force Restart your Handset
- 7. Don’t Use VPN or Proxy Servers
- 8. Switch to Wi-Fi 5GHz
- 9. Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
- 10. Try Using Mobile Data or Hotspot
- 11. Wait for the Patch Update
Apex Legends Mobile High Ping Usage, How to Fix?
Well, no one likes to encounter a high ping delay in connecting with the game server or during matchmaking. However, there is no actually nothing to do to completely fix this issue. But you can obviously reduce the high ping delay issue with your battle royale game for sure. Such an issue may appear due to the internet network speed or stability at your end. Additionally, issues with the respective IP address from your ISP can also conflict with the game server.
While the outdated game version, outdated system software, other background running services on the device, antivirus protection, etc can trigger the high ping delay issue whatsoever. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Check Apex Legends Server Status
It’s highly recommended to check for the Apex Legends Server Status to ensure there is no issue with the game server. Sometimes issues with the server downtime or outage can trigger the connectivity conflicts and throw out high ping delay. You can also follow the official Apex Legends Twitter handle to cross-check the issue. If there is a server downtime or outage present then make sure to wait for a couple of hours and try again later.
2. Check your Internet Connection
We’ll also suggest our readers check the internet connection properly by playing any other online game or streaming content because a poor internet network and stability can eventually occur server connectivity issues. You can also try switching the wired (ethernet) connection to wireless (Wi-Fi) connection or vice versa to ensure if there is an issue or not.
3. Update Apex Legends
Make sure to check for the latest game update on your device and install it to get all the new features apart from bug fixes. An outdated game version may trigger some issues due to the lack of stability. Even though Apex Legends Mobile’s stable version has been released, the game is quite new in the market. Therefore, developers will take a few more weeks or so to provide much better improvements than the beta testing that they’ve done previously.
- Open the Google Play Store app > Tap on the hamburger menu icon.
- Next, tap on My Apps & games > Make sure to check whether the Apex Legends Mobile game update is showing on the list of the available updates or not.
- Just tap on the Update button next to the app and wait for it to install.
- Once done, make sure to open the Apex Legends Mobile game, and check for the issue. [You can also restart your handset to refresh the system and app data]
For iOS (iPhone):
- Open the Apple App Store application on the iPhone.
- Now, tap on the Profile Picture icon from the top-right corner.
- Scroll down a bit to see which apps are available for update.
- Check whether the Apex Legends Mobile game update is on the list or not.
- If the app is there, then make sure to tap on the Update button.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Finally, launch the Apex Legends Mobile game, and check if the startup crashing problem is still bothering you or not.
4. Clear Apex Legends Mobile Cache and Storage Data
If in case, you’re trying to play Apex Legends Mobile on your Android device then try clearing the app cache data and the storage data from the settings menu of the game application to refresh glitches. Sometimes an outdated or corrupted app cache data can also cause several issues whatsoever.
Note: There is no option to do this on iPhone. Only a simple restart will do the job.
- Go to the device Settings menu > Head over to Apps & Notifications.
- Now, tap on See All Apps > Head over to Apex Legends Mobile.
- Tap on the App Info page > Tap on Storage & Cache.
- Next, tap on Clear Cache > Once done, tap on Storage & Cache.
- Then tap on Clear Storage.
- Finally, launch the Apex Legends Mobile game, and check for the issue again.
5. Force Stop and Re-open Apex Legends Mobile
The chances are also high that the startup crashing issue with the Apex Legends Mobile game on your mobile device is happening because the game is already running in the background. In that scenario, you can manually perform a force stop of the app and relaunch the game application to check if that fixes the issue or not. To do this:
Note: You can close the game and reboot the iPhone to do this method easily. There is nothing extra to perform.
- Go to the Settings menu on your Android device > Go to Apps & Notifications.
- Tap on See All Apps > Head over to Apex Legends Mobile and go to the App info section.
- Tap on Force Stop > If prompted, just confirm the task.
- Once done, open the Apex Legends Mobile game and check if that fixes the crashing issue or not.
6. Force Restart your Handset
You should also try performing a force reboot on your mobile device to cross-check if the problem is still appearing to you or not. A temporary system glitch can also cause such an issue that can be fixed by a system reboot. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button for a couple of seconds until the Power Menu appears.
- Here you can tap on Restart and wait for the system to boot again.
- Press and release the Volume Up key and down key single time then long-press the Power/Side key until the Power Menu appears.
- Now, you can see the Slide to Power Off option. Just slide it and wait for the device to reboot automatically.
7. Don’t Use VPN or Proxy Servers
Try not to use any VPN (Virtual Private Network) or Proxy Servers on your handset because it may trigger multiple issues with the server connectivity. Though VPN services may help in some scenarios, it’s not recommended to use while launching or playing any battle royale video game because it can easily increase the latency.
8. Switch to Wi-Fi 5GHz
If your Wi-Fi router and connectivity support a 5GHz network then make sure to use the 5GHz Wi-Fi band always with your mobile device. Well, some device models may not support the 5GHz Wi-Fi band as well. If your device doesn’t support 5GHz Wi-Fi then you can skip to the next method.
9. Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
It’s highly recommended to temporarily turn on the Airplane Mode on your handset from the shortcut menu or control menu to disconnect all connectivity then turn it off. By doing so, you can easily refresh the connectivity functions on your device. It can help a lot.
10. Try Using Mobile Data or Hotspot
If you’re having issues with the Wi-Fi connection then make sure to use a mobile data or hotspot to check for the issue. Though the mobile data isn’t suitable for online battle royale gaming in most cases, plenty of mobile gamers prefer to do so.
11. Wait for the Patch Update
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to wait for the patch update by the game developers to fix the issue. Make sure to visit the Apex Legends Twitter handle and tweet your issue directly with screenshots. The support team should respond to you quickly and investigate it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.