2019’s Assetto Corsa Competizione is one of the popular automobile racing simulator video games that offers stunning visuals and gameplay experience. It’s an official GT World Challenge video game where players can race in the GT3 championship against pro racers, teams, having a bunch of cars, and more. Apart from crashing, the Assetto Corsa Competizione title also has other issues because of the Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal Not Working.
Thrustmeter is known for its awesome range of gaming controllers like wheels and pedals for racing video games. Unfortunately, the Thrustmaster wheel and the pedal controller aren’t working properly for a couple of Assetto Corsa Competizione PC players. Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter the same issue then you can follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. Here we’ve provided a couple of possible workarounds for you that should gonna come in handy.
- How to Fix Assetto Corsa Competizione Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal Not Working
- 1. Disconnect Other Peripherals
- 2. Reconnect Wheels and Pedals Directly
- 3. Update Wheel and Pedal Drivers
- 4. Reconnect Shifter
- 5. Reset Pedal to Default
- 6. Update Thrustmaster Wheels
- 7. Update Assetto Corsa Competizione
- 8. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 9. Choose Steam Controller Settings to Force ON
- 10. Reinstall Assetto Corsa Competizione
How to Fix Assetto Corsa Competizione Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal Not Working
As per multiple reports online, plenty of players are having issues with the Logitech G920, Logitech G29, Thrustmaster T300, Fanatec CSL DD, etc, controllers while playing the Assetto Corsa Competizione title on the PC. To be precise, the reports claim that these gaming controllers don’t give any feedback while playing and sometimes have connectivity issues too. Unfortunately, there is no official patch fix available yet. So, you’ll have to try out some workarounds as of now manually.
1. Disconnect Other Peripherals
The first thing you should do is disconnect all other external devices or peripherals from your computer such as webcam, printer, other controllers, USB flash drives, etc. Sometimes a normal reboot of the system can also help a lot.
2. Reconnect Wheels and Pedals Directly
It’s also highly recommended to disconnect and reconnect the pedals directly to the wheelbase for better detection or connectivity. Some of the reports suggest that this specific method did come in handy.
3. Update Wheel and Pedal Drivers
Even manually updating the wheel and pedal drivers on the PC respective to the controller model number can easily fix the racing controller not working or not detecting issues. Just head over to this link to visit the official Thrustmaster website, then download and install the driver as well as the firmware.
4. Reconnect Shifter
If in case, you’re using the shifter then make sure to unplug and reconnect the shifter to the system to fix any kind of glitches.
5. Reset Pedal to Default
Sometimes restarting the system may not come in handy that much. That’s why you should reset the pedal to the factory default to fix multiple issues or connectivity glitches in a jiffy.
6. Update Thrustmaster Wheels
Well, the chances are high that you haven’t updated your Thrustmaster wheels and pedals controller to the latest available version. If that’s true then make sure to try updating the Thrustmaster wheels manually. To do that:
- First of all, press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Now, search for joy.cpl in your search box and open the top result.
- Once you’re inside the controller settings interface, select and open the Wheel Settings menu.
- You’ll have to check for the latest update and install it manually.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes, and check for the issue again.
7. Update Assetto Corsa Competizione
If you’re using the outdated game version then you should try updating it to the latest patch version whatever is available for you. You can follow the steps below to check for the same.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Assetto Corsa Competizione from the list of installed games at the left pane.
- The client will automatically search for the available update. If any, make sure to click on Update.
- You may have to wait for some time to install the update properly.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
8. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes missing or corrupted game files on the PC may not throw out any error message, but the conflict may easily ruin the gaming experience and so the controller issues. You should verify and repair the game files by following the steps below. Luckily, the Steam client does have a built-in feature to repair problematic game files automatically. To do that:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Assetto Corsa Competizione from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
9. Choose Steam Controller Settings to Force ON
The chances are high that your gaming controller isn’t working properly because of the Steam controller setup. You can follow the steps below to forcefully enable the Steam controller settings for the Assetto Corsa Competizione game.
- Open the Steam client > Click on View from the top-left corner.
- Now, choose Big Picture Mode > If prompted, click on Continue.
- Click on Library > Go to Games under the Browse section.
- Select Assetto Corsa Competizione > Click on Manage Games (Gear Icon).
- Choose Controller Options from the Steam Input option.
- Click on the drop-down arrow icon to expand the list of ‘Change the Steam Input Per-Game Settings’.
- Next, make sure to select Forced On > Click on OK to save changes.
- Once done, restart your Steam client to check for the issue.
If in case, this method isn’t working for you, then ensure to follow the steps again and select ‘Forced Off’ or ‘None’ and save changes.
10. Reinstall Assetto Corsa Competizione
If none of the methods worked for you, then uninstall and reinstall the Assetto Corsa Competizione video game. We can understand that it’s not an actual solution but there is nothing to do on your end. To do so:
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Now, type Control Panel and open it from the search result.
- Open Uninstall a program > Click on the Assetto Corsa Competizione game from the list.
- Select Uninstall > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes > Open the Steam client.
- Make sure to install the Assetto Corsa Competizione game again.
- Finally, you can play the title to check for the Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal Not Working issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.