Today Asus made a surprising entry by rolling Android 10 beta updates to their Asus ZenFone Max M1 (ZB556KL). Well, the device gets the software version 17.00.2003.23 with vanilla Android OS, latest Android security patch, Dark Theme support and many more. If you have not received this major update, then you can manually install the Asus ZenFone Max M1 to the Android 10 update.
With Android 10 OS, it brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control, enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, etc. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices. Along with the Android 10 feature, this version also bumped the security patch to March 2020.
1. Android 10 developer version is now available for downloaded.
2. This is the Android 10 AOSP version, so the user experience will be very different from Android 8 (Oreo) and 9(Pie). If you are used to Android 8 (Oreo)/Android 9 (Pie) system, we will recommend that you use the current device version.
3. Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 10. System will factory reset after upgrade process completed.
4. If you want to downgrade software to previous OS by official package, please factory reset your device after downgrade process completed.
5. Updated Android security patch
Now, if you’re an Asus ZenFone Max M1 user and waiting for the latest Android 10 update for a while, then check out the software update on your device manually via the phone Settings > System > Software Update.
If the update is available for your handset, simply grab the OTA update by downloading and installing it. Make sure to connect your device to a W-Fi network and maintain the battery level by more than 50% at least.
But if in case, you’re not getting the OTA update notification yet, then don’t worry. We’ve also provided the firmware file for the Asus ZenFone Max M1 (Android 10). Just download the firmware file and check the installation guide to install this firmware.
- We assume that you’ve already downloaded the latest Android 10 firmware file on your device.
- You have to copy and paste the FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) file to the root directory of internal storage on your handset. Make sure to keep this file without any folder, otherwise, the system won’t detect it.
- Once done, simply restart your phone.
- After reboot, the device system will automatically detect the FOTA file and you will receive a pop-up notification on the status bar.
- Just pull down the notification bar and you will see something like: “System Update File Detected”.
- Tap on the notification and follow the on-screen instructions to easily install the firmware update on your Asus ZenFone Max M1.
- The system will take some time to install the update.
- Your device will finally reboot into a new system. It will also take some time to boot into a new system for the first time. So, have some patience.
- Keep in mind that this won’t delete any data on your device. However, you should back up the important files for your safety.
- First of all Download the ADB and Fastboot drivers for Windows and Mac and extract it
- Now move the downloaded OTA zip file to ADB Folder
- Enable USB Debugging
- To Enable USB Debugging, First of all, You need to activate Developer Option on your smartphone.
- To activate, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Reboot your phone to recovery by pressing Volume UP + Power button.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable.
- Now enter the following command in the command window that you open
- This command will show if any device is connected properly. If it doesn’t show, then please check the drivers are installed properly or if the attached cable is damaged.
- If your device is listed, then please type the below command in your command window.
adb sideload File_name.zip
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- Once the installation process is completed and You can Reboot your ZenFone Max M1.
- That’s it, fellas! Done. you have upgraded the Asus ZenFone Max M1.
I hope this guide is useful to install Asus ZenFone Max M1 (ZB556KL) Android 10 update with WW-17.00.2003.23.