Here we will share all the list of Best Custom ROM for Huawei Mate 9. Huawei Mate 9 comes with EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. EMUI is one of the popular OS which is based on Android from Huawei. Now if you want to enjoy custom ROM, you can try the below given Custom ROM which is stable and fluid to run as a daily driver. To flash a custom ROM on Huawei Mate 9, your phone must be unlocked and running custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM Recovery. We already shared How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 9, so head to the link and unlock the bootloader on Huawei Mate 9 first and then flash Custom Recovery on Huawei Mate 9.
Table of Contents
About Huawei Mate 9:
Huawei Mate 9 sports a 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with Leica lenses and phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash and an 8-Megapixel front shooter for selfies. Huawei Mate 9 has 5.9 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen Display with 2.5D glass protection with a 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
Huawei Mate 9 is powered by a Hisilicon Kirin 960 chipset and Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53) processor with Mali-G71 MP8 GPU paired with 4GB RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory, that can be expanded up to 256GB via MicroSD. The handset runs on Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0.
Other Connectivity options include Dual Sim, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, FM, 3G, 4G LTE. It also has Fingerprint Sensor on the back. The device is powered by a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with supports for Super Charge with a 5A charger.
What is CUSTOM ROM?
As you all know Android is an open source platform where a developer can take all the source code from Google and build their own operating system images for Android phones and tablets from scratch. This Custom or Home built an app is known as Custom ROM. Custom ROM replaces your Android Operating system (Stock ROM) which comes with your Phone or Tablet. It comes with a kernel which makes it a fully standalone OS. So some developer in Android Community will customize the Android OS by stripping all the Garbage and makes it a pure Android experience with no carrier-installed app or OEM apps.
This Custom ROM is been updated regularly by the community and developers where they fix all the bugs related reports. Custom ROM also allows you to experience latest Android OS even if the OS has not available to your tablet.
By following the guide on How to Install Custom ROM on Huawei Mate 9, you can easily install any CUSTOM ROM from the given list below. All you need to do is take any of the CUSTOM ROM for Huawei Mate 9, toss it into your memory card or root of internal storage and flash it using TWRP Recovery. Yes to install any ROM from the List of CUSTOM ROM for Huawei Mate 9, Your phone should have CUSTOM Recovery. We have a full guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 9. After installing Recovery, Download any CUSTOM ROM of your choice from the list below. You can find the features and development in the given link below. But remember the link which I give here are the external link which will take you to the respective ROM thread.
List of All Custom ROM for Huawei Mate 9
RomAur-v2.0 For Huawei Mate 9
– Init.d scripts
– Magisk v14.0
– Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
– Disable sending data and logging
– Faster scrolling
– Improved touch and speed
– Forced image quality to 100 for better photos
– Speed optimizations
– Disabled Scrolling Cache
– Improved touch and speed
– Excellent battery life
– Better wifi and data signal reception
– Some build.prop tweaks to improve battery life
– Optimized dalvik-cache
– Very fast, clean and stable
– Mods :
– Lockscreen rotation
– Launcher rotation with toggle
– 6thGear reboot app
– 360° Rotation
– Enabled fastscroll on apps
– Animation Scales 0.5
– Faster app switch
– ViPER4Android v188.8.131.52
– Dolby Atmos
– Rom Control —
– USB plug in/out wakeup
– Enable- Disable Heads Up Notifications
– Allow All Rotations
– Volume Cursor
– Sony-Apps-Framework —
– Frameworks and libs
– Xperia home launcher
– Clock widgets
– Photo widgets
– Contacts widgets
– Wheater widget
You can install and update any sony app from playstore
fRomFuture Stock B194 For Huawei Mate 9
Prerootet with Magisk
More clone apps
more system speed
added some Viper4Android profiles
Huawei Swype for Huawei
Ephemeral ROM For Huawei Mate 9
The goal of this ROM is to rid of any unnecessary apps along with providing a complete Google experience. In the future this ROM will feature an AROMA installer but for now I am looking to squash bugs and make sure it’s as smooth as possible.
Huawei International Music App
Android O Emojis
More to come/etc.
- This will work on Huawei Mate 9 Device, Don’t Try this in Any other device
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here is the full Guide on How to install MIUI 8 ROM on Huawei Mate 9:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 9
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below MIUI 8 ROM onto your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.