In this guide, we will show you the steps to bulk install Windows 10 apps using Winstall. The recently announced new Winget Package Manager from Microsoft would soon be welcomed to your Windows 10 PCs. However, that would focus more on the command line installation and might take a back seat when it comes to the GUI. But making use of this Winget manager, there’s an application that allows you to create various app packages and then install them in one go.
Likewise, you could even share these packs with others or choose from various preset packs such as productivity, multimedia, and utility packs. So if you are one of those users who switches between two PCs, or need to format your setup after a few technical tasks, then this one will definitely come in handy. On that note, here are the required steps to bulk install Windows 10 apps using Winstall. Follow along.
Winstall: How to Bulk Install Windows 10 Apps
Once you have created your desired app package via Winstall, it will then generate a script that you could execute inside the Windows Command Prompt. You could also download the corresponding batch file and run it on your PC to install these apps. Well, no matter which method you end up with, one thing is clear. Launching the setup of each app and then installing individually is soon going to be a thing of the past. With that said, let’s get on with the steps to bulk install Windows 10 apps using Winstall.
- Download the latest version of Windows Package Manager from Github.
- Launch the app and install it. If your PC already has an older build installed, then you might get the Update option. So click on the Update button and wait for a few seconds until it has been updated.
- You could also verify the installation by opening the Command Prompt as an admin and executing the below code:
- If it shows a list of commands then you could proceed ahead, which requires going to the winstall.app website.
- From there, you could now select the desired apps that you need to bulk install on your Windows 10 PC. Just click on the plus icon next to that app to add it to your pack.
- Once that is done, click on the Generate Script button. You could also create a pack of these apps and share them with others. For that, you need to add atleast 5 apps and then click on the Create Pack button.
- Moving on, once the commands are generated, click on the Copy to Clipboard button.
- You could also download the batch file of these commands and then bulk install the apps via it. For this guide, we will be sticking with the former method.
- Hence, launch the Command Prompt as an admin and then paste those commands in that CMD window.
- The installation process will now begin and could take some time depending on the number of apps that you had selected. That’s it, the process stands complete.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to bulk install Windows 10 apps using Winstall. Do let us know your views about this app in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some equally useful iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.