This all-in-one printer from Canon is an excellent option for users who prefer a simpler printer. In addition to its high-resolution flatbed scanner, it also comes with a slightly thicker notebook with handwritten notes that works well for scanning fragile photos.
The color printing is good, and the photos are well-detailed. Over time, its low cost of cartridges helps keep its cost-per-print low, even though it does not print very quickly and doesn’t yield many pages. However, unfortunately, there is no automatic document feeder or Bluetooth support. Also, for the past few days, users have complained that the Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer is not connecting to WiFi.
Well, although the reason why this thing happens is unclear. But, still, we have some fixes to help you fix the Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer not connecting to the WiFi issue. Therefore, if you encounter this issue, please follow the steps below.
Also Read: Fix: Canon Pixma MG3620 Not Printing or Printer Not Responding
- How To Fix Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer Not Connecting to WiFi
How To Fix Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer Not Connecting to WiFi
It is not very difficult to resolve if the Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer is not connecting to the WiFi issue. Read this guide to the end and try all the fixes mentioned here to resolve this error. Thus let’s get started:
Fix 1: Check The Cables
There is a fair chance that the cable you are using to connect your Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer to your computer is damaged or does not work properly. It would be necessary to replace the cable (if possible). What will you do if the cable does not function properly?
You can easily detect the problem by checking your connecting wire for Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer not connecting to WiFi issues. Therefore, you should inspect the cable and make sure it is not damaged or cut. Make sure you replace it if that’s the case and see if the problem is resolved.
Fix 2: Check The Connection
Have you checked your connection properly? This type of problem indicates that your port has some problems. It is, therefore, necessary to check your port for any debris or dirt inside it to determine whether it is damaged or not.
You should blow the dirt from the port with a dryer. It is not recommended to use sharp materials to clear the ports. After that, check whether the problem is resolved once you clear the port.
Fix 3: Restart Your Computer
No luck yet? Some cached data on your computer may cause this error. Hence, you must remove these cache files in order to fix the Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer not connecting to the WiFi issue.
Rebooting your computer properly is the best way to flush the RAM by removing the cache files that might be stored in it, so you need to do that to remove those cache files. It is, therefore, necessary that you restart your PC and see if the issue gets resolved.
Fix 4: Power Cycle Your Pixma MG3620
Your Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer could have some random bug stuck on it that is causing this not connecting error if you have rebooted your computer.
Hence, you need to fix the Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer not connecting to the WiFi issue by eliminating these bugs, and you can do this by power cycling your printer. Therefore, power cycling your printer would be a good first step to find out if the issue is resolved. However, you can power cycle your printer by following these steps:
- Make sure all the cables are unplugged after turning off the power.
- Once the cables have been plugged in, wait 20-30 seconds before plugging them in.
- You can then check if the device connects to your computer by turning on the power button.
Fix 5: Update Your Printer Driver
There is also a possibility that an older driver may cause this type of problem. There is a high probability that there is some pending update for your printer due to which you are facing this error. In spite of this, you should check if there are any driver updates for your printer.
Furthermore, some users have reported that the Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer not connecting to WiFi issue automatically resolves after updating their printer driver. Therefore, you should try it out as well, and to do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Device Manager and select Print Queues.
- Then, right-click on the name of your printer manufacturer.
- Choose Update Drivers from the menu. As soon as your PC detects the update, it will install it automatically. Next, check whether the issue of not connecting to WiFi has been resolved.
Fix 6: Check The Connection Speed
You should check if your WiFi connection is good or not. Therefore, we advise you to try checking your WiFi connection speed before connecting it to the printer. So, to check the internet connection speed, you must go to the Ookla speed test website and test connection speed.
However, if the speed is good, then again, try connecting your Canon Pixma to the network. But, on the other hand, if the internet speed is not good, then contact your ISP provider and ask them to fix it.
Fix 7: Reset Network Settings To Default
You may need to reset your printer’s network to default if none of the above methods solve your problem. It is possible for your Canon printer to not connect to WiFi due to some glitches in the settings. That’s why:
- Using your fingers, hold down the Cancel and Wireless buttons for a few seconds. The Power button should now be flashing, followed by the Wireless light.
- As a result, the network settings will be reset to their defaults. Once again, connect your printer to your WiFi network. You will see the blue light turn bright.
How To Connect Canon Pixma to WiFi?
- The first step is to simultaneously push the Wireless and Resume buttons on the control panel.
- Your printer can be linked to your PC via WiFi settings.
- Select the DIRECT word as the printer name from the list.
- Select the WiFi Direct printer signal. Enter 12345678 for the password if one is requested.
- Launch a browser on your PC to access the printer’s EWS page and type 192.168.223.1 (the printer’s address).
- Choose network> Wireless> Wireless Setup Wizard from that page.
You can connect your printer to a network by selecting it and entering a password for it. If the connection has been successful, the blue light will start blinking.
Fix 8: Contact the Support Team
After trying several different solutions and still getting the same error, you have no other option but to contact Canon’s support team. Thus, since you have no choice but to contact the support team, seek assistance from them. They will surely offer assistance to you in fixing the not connecting to WiFi problem of not connecting. So, try this and let us know if your problem can be resolved.
So, that’s how to fix Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer not connecting to WiFi. We hope that you find this guide helpful. But, if you have any doubts or need more info regarding the topic, comment below and let us know.