One of the new and improved features called ‘Projecting To This PC’ has been introduced in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update that’s designed to allow users to project a screen to another display using a wireless network. Display Switch (Screen Mirroring) is useful to change the presentation mode for the main screen of Windows 10 PC/Laptop. It offers PC screen only, duplicate screen, second screen, and more options. So, if you’re eager to know more on how to Change Presentation Mode to Project Display in Windows 10 then check out this in-depth and easy guide completely.
Windows 10 users can easily project their main screen for several uses like PC screen only, duplicate, extend, or the second screen only. Here PC Screen only refers to the currently running main PC screen while all other connected screens will be disabled. The Duplicate screen means the main screen will project to a secondary screen which is also known as mirroring. Whereas Extend screen means the main PC screen will extend across all the connected screens. Last but not the least, the Second screen only indicates that the rest of the connected displays will be enabled but the main PC screen will be disabled. In that scenario, the secondary display(s) will work as a primary (main) display for projection.
How to Change Presentation Mode to Project Display in Windows 10
There are two easy and common ways to change the presentation mode to the projection mode for your Windows PC/Laptop such as using the Project shortcut option or using the Command method. Now, without getting further ado, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Use Project Shortcut Method
- You can click on the Notification icon from the bottom-right corner of your Taskbar.
- You can also directly press the Windows + P keys to open up Project pop-up screen.
- So, if you’ve clicked on the Notification icon from the taskbar, click on the Project icon.
- Now, you can select PC screen only or Duplicate or Extend or the Second screen only according to your preference.
- Make sure that you’ve connected a secondary display(s) with your main PC/Laptop if you’re going to use duplicate or extend or the second screen only option.
- You’re done.
Must Read: Mirror Android and iOS Phone Screen on Samsung TV
2. Use Project Command Method
If you’re comfortable using the command prompt method or the Project shortcut isn’t available for you, then follow the steps below:
- First of all, click on the Start Menu > Type cmd to search the command prompt option.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to proceed.
- Now, you can copy & paste any of the following command lines according to your requirement and press the Enter key:
(PC screen only)
(Second screen only)
- Once the command executed, you’re good to go.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful. You can comment below for further queries.