In this tutorial, we will show you the steps to combine videos on iPhone & iPad using iMovie. When it comes to smartphone photography, there aren’t many that could compete with the Apple devices. Its computational photography technique is able to capture some of the most amazing clicks in comparison with other phones. As a result, for everyday video recordings, many users prefer to stick with their iPhone camera itself, and the results are more often than not worth commendable.
Furthermore, you may also use the Photos app on your device to carry out some editing tweaks. However, it mostly offers basic features and is focused on editing one video at a time. But what if you wish to combine multiple small clips to create a larger video? Well, in that case, there are a few third-party apps that might do this job. However, iMovie stands right there at the top when it comes to combining videos on iPhone & iPad. And in this guide, we will show you how to make full use of this app. Follow along.
How to Combine Videos on iPhone & iPad with iMovie
This video editor from Apple has a lot to offer to the end-user. Apart from the video combining capability, you could also add effects, transitions, themes, or rearrange multiple videos as per the desired order. Likewise, you could also add text on top of these videos, slow down or speed up its pace, adjust the audio volume, or add the background music of your choice.
Furthermore, it also supports the feature of cropping the video yp to the desired length or applying the zoom effect. All these features set directly from Apple and that free of cost, well it can’t get much better than this! With that said, this guide will focus on one of iMovies’ most useful functionality- combining multiple videos on your iPhone or iPad.
- To begin with, download the iMovie app from the App Store onto your Apple device.
- Launch the app and you will be greeted with a Welcome screen, tap Continue.
- Then tap on Create Project.
- Select the Movie option from the New Project menu.
- It will now take you to the gallery. Select the videos of your choice that you wish to combine and then hit the Create Movie button situated at the bottom.
- You will now be taken to the iMovie preview screen. From here, you could add the desired transition effects to your videos or re-arrange the order of these clips.
- Once you are done with the edits, hit the Done option situated in the top left.
- Then tap on the Share button present at the bottom menu bar.
- Finally, select the Saved Video option.
- This save process might take some time, depending on the number of clips you are combining as well as the size of these individual clips. So while the video is being saved, it is recommended that you keep the app running in the foreground only. Once the process completes, you could access this video from the Photos app.
That’s it. These were the steps to combine multiple videos on your iPhone or iPad using iMovie. Did this app manage to checkmark your video editing requirements, or did it fell short at any stage? Do let us know your views about the same in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.