Console commands in Starfield are super helpful. You can use them to walk through the walls, increase your carrying capacity, turn on god mode, unlock all available powers, and do a lot of interesting stuff. You can also troubleshoot problems and bugs using the console commands. So, a lot can be achieved using the console commands. But what if it won’t work on your PC?
Some Starfield players have reported issues with console commands in Starfield. Many of those affected say the console does not open. If the console is not opening or the commands are not executing/working in Starfield, this guide has the solutions you’re looking for.
Starfield, developed by Bethesda Game Studios, has garnered positive reviews from the gaming community. In fact, it’s the first new intellectual property developed by the makers in two and a half decades. The game can be very impressive if you like exploring planets, moons, and space stations.
In this guide, I’ll tell you potential solutions to fix the Starfield console command not working problem. Plus, a list of useful and exciting commands to make the game more interesting.
Console Command Not Working in Starfield? Here’s How to Fix It
If you wondering, “Why is the console command not working in Starfield,” because the console is not showing up, probably you’re hitting the wrong key. There’s a different key to open the console for a different keyboard layout. Check out solution #1 for more details on this.
However, if the console shows up, but the commands are not working, you’ll need to try a few fixes mentioned in this guide.
1. Press the Correct Key
Unlike most games, there’s no set key to open the console in Starfield. If you can’t bring up the console, you are probably pressing the wrong key.
The key to open the console in Starfield depends on your keyboard layout. For example, you need to press the Tilde (~) key on American English keyboards, while for European keyboards, the set key to open the console is the “@” key.
So, pressing the “@” key won’t bring up the console if you have an American keyboard.
Here’s a list of keys to open the console corresponding to their keyboard layouts:
- Tilde (~) key for the US keyboard.
- At (@) key for the European keyboard.
- O-umlaut (ö) key for the German keyboard.
- O-slash (Ø) key for the Norwegian keyboard.
- Umlaut ( ¨ ) key for the Swiss keyboard.
- Cedilla (ç) key for the Portugal keyboard.
Remember the correct key corresponding to your keyboard type and use it to open the console in Starfield.
2. Make Sure You’re Using Correct Commands
If you can bring up the console in Starfield, but the commands are not working, ensure the commands are correct. Double-check the console command to verify that you’ve typed it correctly.
Not all websites on the internet are genuine. You may get false information. Therefore, I’d advise you to look for console commands from trusted sources.
To check if there’s a problem with the command you’re using, try the “tgm” command. If this command enables the god mode, it means everything is fine. The command you typed previously is either incorrectly typed or doesn’t exist.
You don’t need to navigate the websites to scout for the best commands, as I’ve listed them at the bottom of this guide.
3. Restart the device
Minor software glitches can affect the gameplay and its functionalities. If it’s causing issues with the console, restarting your device should resolve the issue.
Before you hit the restart option, make sure to close the game.
Restart your PC and launch Starfield to check if the problem has been sorted out.
4. Update the Game
You must update the game for performance improvements and better stability. It may also include fixes to known issues. You can check for new Starfield updates on Steam.
5. Reinstall the Game
If you have tried the above solutions but to no avail, uninstall and then install the game again. It will fix issues with game files and resolve bugs and glitches causing the problem.
Here are the steps involved in the process:
- Press the Windows + R keys together to open Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run dialog box and hit Enter.
- Find Starfield and right-click on it.
- Select Uninstall. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
- Download the game from where you’ve purchased it (Steam, Windows Store, or any other store).
Launch the game, open the console, and run a command to check if the issue is resolved.
6. Contact Starfield Support
If you’re still running out of luck, contact Starfield support. They might help you with additional troubleshooting steps.
Best Starfield Console Commands
- tgm: Enables God Mode. You will be invincible with unlimited ammo.
- tim: Enables Immortal Mode. You can take damage but you’ll never die.
- psb: Gives you all Starfield powers.
- tfc: Enables free cam.
- tcai: NPCs will not attack you.
- tcl: Turn on no clip mode. Allows you to move through walls and other objects. Interesting.
- kah: Kill all hostile enemies nearby.
- player.additem f [value]: Add any number of credits to your wallet.
[Note: Do not forget to replace “value” with any digit.]
- player.additem a [value]: Adds any number of digipicks to your inventory.
- Player.setav carryweight 999999: Infinite carry capacity.
- passtime [value]: Pass the specified number of hours.
Starfield is an excellent space-themed game from Bethesda Game Studios. But like any other video game, this too can encounter problems. One of the recent issues players are dealing with is with the console commands.
If the console is not showing, make sure you’re using the correct key. Find the correct key corresponding to your keyboard in this guide. If the commands are not working, cross-check the command and restart your PC. If none of the solutions work, reach out to Starfield support as a last resort.